Header Advice - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Ty sir ... I think that's a good "stand up" name for u!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
No problem. You taking care of my Roush?
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yea hoping j get those wheels mounted today. Did some minor changes to the exterior which made a huge diff. Started a lil build thread you should check it out.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You buy them from the interwebs and then pay a shop to weld them in. They just won't do it while the pipe is on the car since it is illegal. Unless they are a shop that DGAF.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm saving the money for headers and mid pipe for a turbo. 😀😀😀😀

sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Actually it was in North Carolina, and everyone keeps saying you can't search a car without a warrant. Louder than stock gives probable cause to get 1.
Also it was a Federal law and not state he was written on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
-----------------
Not a search. You are pulled over for excessive noise. You can use a little mirror with a small flashlight and look under the car.

You can't search the trunk of someone you pull over and they don't give you permission. HOWEVER, if you are arrested, then the officer does an inventory search before your vehicle is towed, anything found can be use as evidence against you.

For those that live in an area close to the Mexican border. If you go into Mexico and return to cross back into the United States, your vehicle can be searched. If marijuana is found, you can be charged or arrested, depending on the amount. Don't bother showing your little medical marijuana card if you have one, it is still ILLEGAL under Federal Law. Federal Law always overrules State Law.

Oh and for the Constitutional Lawyers out there, Until you actually enter the United States, you don't have any 4th or 5th amendment rights. Not until you exit the checkpoint.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You buy them from the interwebs and then pay a shop to weld them in. They just won't do it while the pipe is on the car since it is illegal. Unless they are a shop that DGAF.

I know a guy that DGAF lol

Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
B.A.M.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jase33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
-----------------
Not a search. You are pulled over for excessive noise. You can use a little mirror with a small flashlight and look under the car.
I'd quote all of it, but it takes time. Good find. Should clarify a lot for those with questions. The same applies to state borders, only it falls under "Interstate Commerce Clause" more often than not.

A fun definition for those of you:
Exigent circumstances are exceptions to the general requirement of a warrant under the Fourth Amendment searches and seizures. Exigent circumstances occur when the a law enforcement officer has a probable cause and no sufficient time to secure a warrant.

In summary: During a traffic stop, if I have probable cause that you've committed a crime (state or federal) and have a means of escaping (car) then I can search your vehicle. No warrant needed.

The theory being that if I were required to wait for a warrant, it would be unreasonable to detain you until I get one. If I let you go and try to obtain one, you could fix the issue and be back in compliance before I could get the warrant and catch you in the act again.

I have a degree in criminal justice and spent 10 years with the Military Police. I know this stuff seems stupid and nitpicky. It is to some degree. When you get pulled over, never admit to anything. Just play along and be respectful (don't poke a bear with a stick). That will normally get you out of a majority of the trouble.

The officer is allotted a level of discretion. They choose whether to push the issue or not. Don't help them choose by being an ***.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
So abt the shorty headers... I don't wanna jack this but do you guy see/feel enough improvement to justify the cost? I know there has to be a sound improvement.

I'm going to get a tuner but that's for another post but debating over the shorties....opinions welcomed....
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You know you have done something. Low to mid range is a whole lot better.

Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
You know you have done something. Low to mid range is a whole lot better.

Perfect that's what I'm looking for. Thx
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebe_geebe View Post
Perfect that's what I'm looking for. Thx
Go look for Siberexpress on you tube, the Borlas sing so sweet with the BBK's on the car
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebe_geebe View Post
So abt the shorty headers... I don't wanna jack this but do you guy see/feel enough improvement to justify the cost? I know there has to be a sound improvement.

I'm going to get a tuner but that's for another post but debating over the shorties....opinions welcomed....
There's a guy on another forum that swapped from bbk long tubes to bbk shorty headers and saw no drop off in his times. In fact I believe ultimately he is running quicker now.

It seems on the 3.7 shorty design doesn't matter they all end up about the same gains on the dyno.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang