1st new thread!....kinda...(suspension related) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
1st new thread!....kinda...(suspension related)

Hey everyone,

I am not Kevin.Cook! I SWEAR!

I know there are lots of Suspension threads on here but I WANT to be THAT GUY.

I am looking to place an order within the next week for suspension stuff for my car. Was wondering if this setup seems ok. I do not want to go Konis and risk the noise.

Ford Racing Mustang GT500 Style Strut Mount Upgrade M-18183-C (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Eibach Pro-Damper Mustang Shock & Struts 35101.84 (05-10 All) - Free Shipping

BMR Mustang Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm - Poly Bushing UTCA032H (11-14 All) - Free Shipping

BMR Mustang Rear Upper Control Arm Mount UCM002H (11-14 All) - Free Shipping

BMR Mustang Adjustable Panhard Bar - Hammertone Finish PHR006H (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets - Hammertone Finish CAB005H (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Eibach Pro-Kit Mustang Springs 35125.14 (11-14 GT, V6, BOSS) - Free Shipping

The idea is to have it all by the beginning of next month so I can get everything installed. I hope this looks ok because I don't want to change it up if I do not have to. As my friend AM Alex is going on vacation. lol

There also might be a BBK TB and an intake tossed into the mix for kicks and giggles.

I do want to note that I have BMR Rear Lower Control Arms already with the red poly bushings.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I had a similar conversation about this with a friend of mine last weekend. With the Eibach Pro Kit you get about a 1" drop. When I put mine in, I was focused on having to get new upper strut mounts to adjust for caster/camber. Ended up with just the 1" drop, I remained in good alignment. With that said, I'm assuming you have 05-10 model shocks listed to mate with the strut mounts (as your car appears to be a 14). You can very likely save a few bucks on the GT500 strut mounts unless you just want to look at them installed. Not saying that to pick. I've done overkill stuff on my ride just because "I wanted it there" not because I really needed it. But you can save a few bucks there if needed.

I haven't heard anything about the Eibach Pro-Dampers but am anxious to from your experience. Have Koni oranges here and wish I had it to do over. The other items you have listed, I've installed here and am very pleased. All except for the upper control arm. Unless you have a one piece drive shaft, I wouldn't sweat that. Time/money/labor not worth it because your pinion angle won't be changed much from 1" drop. To quote a friend, "a full tank of gas, two bags of groceries and your spare tire cause more pinion angle change than a little drop."
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I do have the 1 piece driveshaft. :O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Order placed
Old 03-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I went with the Steeda Sport springs (v6 only) because they are made for our V6 Mustangs, not one size fits all like the way most other springs are sold. Just saying......
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang