Bmr lcas question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Bmr lcas question

Finally had my lcas put on this week not to sure about them as they really pick up road noise like crazy faster go the more noise you hear. Is it normal for these? if so i'll be putting the stock ones back on for sure.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I have the BMR LCA on my sixer and didn't notice any real change in road noise. They are hard to install incorrectly without noticing. i.e. Steering wheel is off center because of incorrect thrust angle on rear.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
Finally had my lcas put on this week not to sure about them as they really pick up road noise like crazy faster go the more noise you hear. Is it normal for these? if so i'll be putting the stock ones back on for sure.
Are they level, similar to how the OEM come? As I understand it, if they are sloped (as in when a car is lowered) it will result in ride harshness on rough roads..
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input....Yes they are level like the oem ones i was just doing a google search on them and some other people stated that because of the poly bushings you hear more road noise verses the rubber ones on the oems ones also more driveshaft noise also weather it's true idk but they are a bit more noisy compared to the stock ones..I think i'll put the stock ones back on plus i still have stock mufflers on so you can really hear the road
Old 03-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I'd give it a week, you'll probably stop noticing and the more compliant axle is worth it. That being said I didn't notice a big change in noise with mine.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #6

Region: Georgia
I have them and everything spherical and mine is very minimal noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
terry0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
NVH is why I put GT500 LCA's on my sixer. Poly bushings transmit more noise than rubber and the GT500 arms stopped my wheel hop with no added noise.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it seems that they are noisier than the stock ones almost sound like a cheap set of tires would sound as they pick up more road noise .
Old 03-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #9
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
You switched to a stiffer bushing. More NVH is normal for any suspension mod when this is the case. Thing is, I don't even notice it anymore. Give it time.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Put my stock control arms back on fri much better as far as road noise driveshaft noise goes .Just couldn't get use to the added noise that they put out ...Willing to sell them if anyone is interested had them on for about 200 miles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang