Hi all! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Region: Europe
Hi all!

Hi,

I'm Jim, a Canadian, living in Germany, and I own a 2012 3.7. Just wanted to say hi and also to ask if these brakes:

Power Stop KC5450-26, | Power Stop

are a drop in replacement for my factory brakes. I have 17" Focal rims on there now. Next year I will put 18" on in 5-spoke gloss black, but for now the new brakes have to fit in there. Also does anyone know if Jegs.com is reliable?

Thanks very much for your time...I hope to be in here a lot. (I will, I know myself ).
wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There are no dimensions anywhere that i can see, so i cant personally say if those will or will not fit. If you're looking for parts Americanmuscle.com is a good site, as well as a forum sponsor here, so i would start there.

To answer your question though, Jegs is a good site, but its more for generic parts. Or at least thats what i use it for, various AN fittings, or bits of hose, or parts that arent platform specific.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Hi and Welcome! I was in Germany for 28 months (Army) way back in 1972-1975. In a town called Schweinfurt (probably not spelled right)

Click on any of the 'vendors advertisement' on the Forum to find good quality Mustang parts
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
Hi,

I'm Jim, a Canadian, living in Germany, and I own a 2012 3.7. Just wanted to say hi and also to ask if these brakes:

Power Stop KC5450-26, | Power Stop

are a drop in replacement for my factory brakes. I have 17" Focal rims on there now. Next year I will put 18" on in 5-spoke gloss black, but for now the new brakes have to fit in there. Also does anyone know if Jegs.com is reliable?

Thanks very much for your time...I hope to be in here a lot. (I will, I know myself ).
All indications are that they are a perfect match to the OE brakes.
Have to ask though, why new calipers as well? Color?
Call them up with questions.
AmericanMuscle
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #5

Hey thanks for the quick replies guys.

1) @ David Young: you spelled it correctly!
2) @ Diehard: The old calipers look like they've been soaked in the Atlantic ocean for about 6 months. Just fugly as hell. Grey and corroded. The rotors are fine but have rust rings and it really stands out on a metallic black car with matte black rims.

Here's the car BTW. I've got the quarter window louvres from AM ready to put on as soon as it warms up (because of the 3M tape). I had the windows tinted 95% and with the new rotors/pads/calipers it should "complete the look". Next year after the warranty runs out I'll have a one piece aluminum driveshaft installed, deactivate the Governor, and get a tune for the shifting etc.

Look at those things!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:25 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

2) @ Diehard: The old calipers look like they've been soaked in the Atlantic ocean for about 6 months. Just fugly as hell. Grey and corroded. The rotors are fine but have rust rings and it really stands out on a metallic black car with matte black rims.
It may be worth contemplating the PowerStop kit from American Muscle along with a set of the caliper covers.

With the AM code, you get 6% off the caliper covers and the brake kit. So it would be cheaper and less work then what you are looking at right now.

I would provide some links but it looks like their site is down right now. Should be back up in a bit hopefully.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Well, I just tried to post and it said it will not show up until a Moderator approves it. Wtf?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Zombie,

idk......I approved them but normally that only kicks in when newbies try to post pics/links.

I've seen newbie photos that no one should have to see......
Old 03-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Zombie,

idk......I approved them but normally that only kicks in when newbies try to post pics/links.

I've seen newbie photos that no one should have to see......
It's too early for April fools jokes!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Here are the links:

Power Stop Mustang Brake Rotor & Pad Kit - Front & Rear K5450 (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

Gloss Black: MGP Mustang Black Caliper Covers w/ 3.7 Logo - Front & Rear 10198SM37BK (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

Matte Black: MGP Mustang Matte Black Caliper Covers w/ 3.7 Logo - Front & Rear 10198SM37MB (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

Once you get to 50 posts on here, you can message one of the AM reps on here and they will get you set up with a discount code.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
I Have Power Stop on my Car, they are Flawless. But I did Not get them from "Jegs.com", so I can't comment on how that service is. But the Brand is very good.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #12

Thanks again for the replies. I originally looked at American Muscle as I bought the louvres there and they were great. Unfortunately, they only have the set without the calipers. In Germany I have to be careful what I buy because of the strict modding rules here, ie. no headlight shades, no cold air intake etc. You can get them, but it's all got to be officially approved and you have to pay big bucks to get that done. Since I'm ording parts from America, I have to pay duties and such and then you I might find out that the part is not approved, as is the case with caliper covers sometimes. As long as i buy direct replacement parts, there's no worries. Also caliper covers don't quite look as good to me as the power coated calipers themselves.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:

Here's the car BTW. I've got the quarter window louvres from AM ready to put on as soon as it warms up (because of the 3M tape). I had the windows tinted 95% and with the new rotors/pads/calipers it should "complete the look". Next year after the warranty runs out I'll have a one piece aluminum driveshaft installed, deactivate the Governor, and get a tune for the shifting etc.

Look at those things!

What's with the boring stem caps, bro? lol jk

Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #14

Well those brakes are pretty much out of stock everywhere...anyone know where I can get them or a similar kit...totally frustrated right now.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I would say to get the kit from AM and paint the existing calipers yourself. You COULD always search that kit # on Ebay.

I bought from Summit Racing before and they are OK...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pw.../model/mustang
Old 03-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #16

@ Zombie Slayer

That's hilarious I just got off the phone with them. Very courteous, but it seems that Powerstop themselves only have kits without the calipers. I might end up having to paint them myself, or have them painted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang