Best Mod For Sound (Headers or Exhaust?) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Best Mod For Sound (Headers or Exhaust?)

Hey guys, so it's spring break and I am putting a lot of hours in at work and want to get a mod soon. I am on the fence between BBK Shorty Headers or Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust 4in. tip I believe.

On this next mod I want to go for the one that will make the most sound improvement out of the two. I eventually plan on getting both but can only get one right now.

So which would enhance the sound the most headers or exhaust?

I guess at the moment I am ok with the sound of my car but want it louder. Ultimately, I want it to be louder but at the same time deeper/rumbling sound. I feel I will get a good sound when I combine the two eventually.
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Catback.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Out of the 2 you brought up the headers, but I had the Comps on my car for a week and could not take the drone.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Headers only change the sound slightly (shorties) I noticed only a slight difference when I added Bbk shorties to my Roush.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Out of the 2 you brought up the headers, but I had the Comps on my car for a week and could not take the drone.

Wait so ur saying the magnaflows were too loud?

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
----------
BAMA 93 Octane Performance Tune
Old 03-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
Wait so ur saying the magnaflows were too loud?

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
----------
Lets just say the new Competitions might not be as loud as the old ones, what they call the Race series are the old Competitions and for a daily driver that got driven 100 miles a day they were way to loud.
I also figured out the louder a 3.7 sounds the crappier it sounds. JMHO
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Lets just say the new Competitions might not be as loud as the old ones, what they call the Race series are the old Competitions and for a daily driver that got driven 100 miles a day they were way to loud.
I also figured out the louder a 3.7 sounds the crappier it sounds. JMHO
Yeah I don't want my car to be super loud I actually like the sound it makes now just want it to be a little louder and have a nicer rumble to it.

When the car first starts up its like at the perfect sound right before it idles then when it idles it just seems to be quiet. lol

Hopefully the new competition exhausts will work.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I don't want my car to be super loud I actually like the sound it makes now just want it to be a little louder and have a nicer rumble to it.

When the car first starts up its like at the perfect sound right before it idles then when it idles it just seems to be quiet. lol

If you are looking for a bit louder it is not the Competitions you want, you are wanting the Streets. Totally different animal.
BTW, this is just the BBK Short tube headers on my Manual car

Manual Mufflers are louder than automatic mufflers
I also did not go super loud, I have Borla Touring Mufflers on now, you know it is coming but doesn't blow you out of the car to do it.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

IMO I like the Bassani exhaust, whenever I get the extra cash and my warranty runs out I'm going to put that on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Wow, I was reading your post and I have that exact combination in my car. Start with the magnaflows, they have a great deep tone and they'll make a bigger difference than the BBK's. The headers really round out the sound and you'll pickup up some horsepower too, enough that you can feel it

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
tombrochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I have Borla tour and love the level. Got abt 15k miles on them and the sound keeps getting sweeter. BBK Shorty's ordered today... Tune to follow...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:32 AM   #12
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Im just going to go ahead and put what I put in every single one of the 2 million "what exhaust sounds best" thread.

Borla S-Type mufflers. No drone, no rasp, not too too loud, definitely not quiet.

IG: the_notorious_vig_
Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Once you have the roush and put in a little over 4000 miles on them, they really deepen up and sound really nice IMO but I wouldn't touch the mid-pipe.

For what I am doing, I am buying most of the major parts I can swap into a 2014 gt when I decide to sell this one like wheels/tires, suspension components, shift accessories, etc. and just sell single part out the roush and other v6 only fitting stuff when I ready for the change.
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrochard View Post
Wow, I was reading your post and I have that exact combination in my car. Start with the magnaflows, they have a great deep tone and they'll make a bigger difference than the BBK's. The headers really round out the sound and you'll pickup up some horsepower too, enough that you can feel it

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Yeah I saw a video with the magnaflows and I loved that deep sound. Not too loud but loud enough it seemed

2013 Mustang V6 Premium
----------
Old 03-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Roush mufflers is a good easy way to make your mustang sound a lot different. I just installed mac long tubes and it sounds like 1000 demons screaming.
IanTheFancy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust