Heated and cooled seats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Heated and cooled seats

After considering some options for how to make the interior of my car nicer, and add value I decided j would want to possibly try heated and cooled seats, maybe cupholders as well.

U came across some ford Taurus heated and cooled seats online, is it possible to get them to fit in the 2014 Mustang? Considering they are both ford I figured those would have the best bet of being able to fit or adapted to fit in our cars

Has anyone tried this before or accomplished it?

As for cup holders if read about heated and cooled peltier cupholders still in the brainstorming phase on this one.

Has anyone attempted or successfully installed temperature controlled cupholders?

What are some good ideas for the heating/cooling you can think of?

Any help or input is appreciated

Sent from my E5306 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I am not sure if the seats will fit but it would surprise me if it would bolt in and plug into the factory harness. I know they make aftermarket seat warmer kits but have not seen aftermarket seat coolers. I would think your best bet would be to try and find a set of mustang seats with the heat/cool option.

As far as the cup holders given the shape of the cup holders I think that would be extremely difficult and would think investing in a good insulated cup would work better.

Also when you say 'Add value' to the car do you mean add options you like or increase the dollar value of the car? Because I cant imagine anyone paying much more then book price for a car with these upgrades.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I found some 15-16 Mustang seats that are heated and cooled idk if they will fit although the company claims you can fit them but must add side airbags to them for earlier model cars, add value as in increase the overall quality of the car, I'll probably never sell this car since they stopped making solid rear axles, maybe trade it in for a v8 but even that's a stretch

As for the cupholders I'm gonna take a look underneath, I know Chrysler makes heated and cooled cupholders that are quite good, and use a peltier setup from underneath the cupholders so the bottom is what actually heats and cools

Theirs actually sense the temperature of the drink and maintain it though, that's a bit more than I'm attempting since it'd be from scratch

Do you know if there's a difference between the base model harness and those with heated and cooled seats?

That'd be awesome if it was plug and play, initially I was assuming I'd have to do some modification to the console, as well as wiring.

Thanks for the input btw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 01:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So Just as a notice I did find some seats that will fit in the Mustang they are heated cooled, adjustable in more way that imaginable, they are the recaro orthopedic, problem is for passenger and driver side they are just over 6000 dollars, idk if I can justify that much money for 2 car seats though

Old 03-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Heated/cooled seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
So Just as a notice I did find some seats that will fit in the Mustang they are heated cooled, adjustable in more way that imaginable, they are the recaro orthopedic, problem is for passenger and driver side they are just over 6000 dollars, idk if I can justify that much money for 2 car seats though

Just get a GT Premium and dispense with all the jerry rigging.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'd might just go that route, but it'd be interesting to try this route and twin turbo the v6

Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It'll be easier getting the heating elements to work than setting up the cooling feature to work as well. Because cooled seats are usually part of the a/c ducting inside any vehicle that has this feature.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I did see some heating elements for sale that go inside seats, do you know the difficulty in installing that? I've never reuppholstered my seats before

Old 03-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

If you buy aftermarket seat heaters with well written instructions, they can be installed into any vehicle. As far as I know, all it takes is just being able to tap into existing electrical power source in the car, having the right relay/fuse, and an on/off switch. I've never done any kind of install like that, I can only go by how these things work.

As for the 15/16 Mustang seats, I think I've read somewhere they can be mounted in the car with small modifications, but the harnesses for anything electrical are different.

For reupholstery, most factory seat covers have seams/straps that allow them to be removed entirely from the seat foam and then reinstalled.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_101 View Post
If you buy aftermarket seat heaters with well written instructions, they can be installed into any vehicle. As far as I know, all it takes is just being able to tap into existing electrical power source in the car, having the right relay/fuse, and an on/off switch. I've never done any kind of install like that, I can only go by how these things work.

As for the 15/16 Mustang seats, I think I've read somewhere they can be mounted in the car with small modifications, but the harnesses for anything electrical are different.

For reupholstery, most factory seat covers have seams/straps that allow them to be removed entirely from the seat foam and then reinstalled.
Thanks I appreciate it I'm gonna try that route, do you think I'd need leather seats? I currently have cloth, I like them cause they don't burn me but I eventually want to move back to nebraska, and heated seats are great there,

Do you think it'd be a good idea to switch to leather so as to not melt the cloth?

Old 03-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
My wife had a Focus with cloth seats that were heated. No problems with the cloth at all.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The heat elements will never get hot enough to hurt cloth. Ugh... you sound like my father who thinks that anything will catch on fire with mild heat lol.

As for adding heat... just get some elements and pull your upholstery and install it. For cooling... that's tougher. And honestly not super effective. I have heated/cooled seats in my Expy. Heated is awesome. Cooled... it kind of counteracts swamp ***... kind of.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
IMO There are so many wrecked newer cars out there I'm sure with a little leg work you could find what your looking for. Buy seats get the rest of the car for free...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate all the input, in gonna stick with cloth seats up front (just what I prefer), I did salvage some leather rear seats as mentioned though (cleaning cheerios out of cloths is difficult) but I'll post a thread of the install with all the success and pitfalls of my install for others to refrence in the future

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang