Rear end noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:23 PM   #1

Region: Utah
Rear end noise

I have had a noise in coming from the back of my car since purchase. It sounds like a bearing or rotor, it gets faster as the car does. It is becoming a high pitched sound at cruising speeds. I have had it to two dealer service departments, both say it is the tires..as they have unusual wear. The both say they have checked the alignment and it is good. One of the dealers replaced two of the worse tires, approx. 7000 miles ago. The car has 15600 miles on it. I believe the sound is coming from the differential but the tire wear has to be a misalignment. Any one had this problem?
Corydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corydad View Post
I have had a noise in coming from the back of my car since purchase. It sounds like a bearing or rotor, it gets faster as the car does. It is becoming a high pitched sound at cruising speeds. I have had it to two dealer service departments, both say it is the tires..as they have unusual wear. The both say they have checked the alignment and it is good. One of the dealers replaced two of the worse tires, approx. 7000 miles ago. The car has 15600 miles on it. I believe the sound is coming from the differential but the tire wear has to be a misalignment. Any one had this problem?
Well, if you had the rear tires rotated up or replaced and you still get a whine from the rear, it MAY be the differential. Not saying 100% that is what it is. But I have heard of newer Mustangs/cars coming from the dealer with some gear whine.

Have you got the car on the lift and spun the rear wheels to see if you could pin point it yourself?

Also, definitely want to make sure no brake pads or brackets are rubbing the rotor or anything.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #3

Region: Utah
I have not had it on a lift yet. I was trusting the dealer this time, but a lift is my next step.
Corydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang