Dead stanger overnight - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'll bet you old timers can remember the time when each cell had a battery cap.
That is when you went to "PEP BOY'S" and bought a cell tester for a dollar.
You tested each cell and when you found the weak one, You dropped a Bayer aspirin in that cell and got another month or two out of your battery.
Those were the "good old days"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'll bet you old timers can remember the time when each cell had a battery cap.
That is when you went to "PEP BOY'S" and bought a cell tester for a dollar.
You tested each cell and when you found the weak one, You dropped a Bayer aspirin in that cell and got another month or two out of your battery.
Those were the "good old days"
Ronnie
LMAO Yep and the only thing you looked for was bubbles not the color in a view port...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebe_geebe View Post
LMAO Yep and the only thing you looked for was bubbles not the color in a view port...
Actually there wasn't a Pep Boys back then it was Western Auto...
Wow that's scary... I better sit down...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
I think we are Mustang twins. Did you stripe the glass roof? I would love to see some pics of your Pony!
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Actually there wasn't a Pep Boys back then it was Western Auto...
Wow that's scary... I better sit down...

Yes. I remember going to Western Auto and seeing large paper cut outs of race car driver Fred Lorenzen
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:55 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm 73 and it was "PEP BOYS" and they were on Delaware Avenue in Wilmington Delaware. My Grandmother bought me a bicycle there on my 12th birthday.That was 1955. It was snowing that day in January and I rode it the six or seven blocks home in the snow.
I don;t think we even had a Western Auto in Wilmington in those days. We did have Manny, Moe & Jack though.
Ronnie

Pep Boys first store was in Philadelphia in 1921
Our Pep Boys in Wilmington is probably one of the first ones on the East Coast.

https://www.pepboys.com/pep_boys_story/
Old 03-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
I think we are Mustang twins. Did you stripe the glass roof? I would love to see some pics of your Pony!
I did do the stripes but no glass roof... I do need to get some pics on here. You did a great job on yours...

Old 03-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did do the stripes but no glass roof... I do need to get some pics on here. You did a great job on yours...
Thank you, the feeling is mutual!!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm 73 and it was "PEP BOYS" and they were on Delaware Avenue in Wilmington Delaware. My Grandmother bought me a bicycle there on my 12th birthday.That was 1955. It was snowing that day in January and I rode it the six or seven blocks home in the snow.
I don;t think we even had a Western Auto in Wilmington in those days. We did have Manny, Moe & Jack though.
Ronnie

Pep Boys first store was in Philadelphia in 1921
Our Pep Boys in Wilmington is probably one of the first ones on the East Coast.

https://www.pepboys.com/pep_boys_story/
Pep boy didn't make it to us in the Midwest until quite a bit later than that... They did good around these parts...
Old 03-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

We have a Pep Boys here in Daytona Beach,Florida across from the speedway on US92.
It is still a good store to go when you need something.
Ronnie
Old 03-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #46

I went through 3 dead batteries in like six weeks until I discovered that you can't leave the keys in the ignition switch. Even though the switch was turned to the off position, the theft circuit stays on when the keys are in the ignition. It's enough of a drain to kill the battery overnight.

Since then, I've been laying the keys in my console, no more battery issues.
cherry3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry3m View Post
I went through 3 dead batteries in like six weeks until I discovered that you can't leave the keys in the ignition switch. Even though the switch was turned to the off position, the theft circuit stays on when the keys are in the ignition. It's enough of a drain to kill the battery overnight.

Since then, I've been laying the keys in my console, no more battery issues.
Nope no keys in the ignition. I think it died from loneliness. Rainy weekend and it couldn't go out and play...

So far so good...

Old 03-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Nope no keys in the ignition. I think it died from loneliness. Rainy weekend and it couldn't go out and play...

So far so good...
Did they determine that there was, in fact, one or more dead cells and that there were no parasitic draws on the system?
This is important because sometimes a new battery is only a temporary fix if the original problem was not properly diagnosed and corrected.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

A buddy has a high tech battery checker and it ran it through a series of test and said everything was ok.

I'm still leaning to a bogus light switch but until it screws up or screws me again not much I can do.. I guess?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A buddy has a high tech battery checker and it ran it through a series of test and said everything was ok.

I'm still leaning to a bogus light switch but until it screws up or screws me again not much I can do.. I guess?
I'm with your "sad Stang" theory...

Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

Well hopefully if it goes again soon they will be able to figure it out.
In the mean time...take a break!

Name:   Qst7CSAec2.gif
Views: 55
Size:  61.1 KB
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Well hopefully if it goes again soon they will be able to figure it out.
In the mean time...take a break!
Attachment 198998
Lol You got that right....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang