Test drove a 15 Gt Premium Manual.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I've driven both, I like my V6, and would prefer the V8. But, not at the $5-6K extra. $2-3K hell yeah.

side note OP's thread/post seemed ok to me as others mentioned it's all good (even Chevy)
But what if you are sittin in your Chevy and you feel somethin' heavy?
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
It might be the 2015. I drive a 14 GT, took the 15 out for a test drive w/o the salesman. Was not impressed at all, Sluggish is a good word. Had the wife drive it, and when we got back, she asked the salesman if something was wrong with it.

In the end, get what makes you happy. Couldn't be happier with my 14.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #38

Region: Illinois
I love my S550 5.0. It's more power than I need, less car payment than I can afford, and far more fun than rolling your best friend down a hill in a barrel. Your comment doesn't offend me, as a 5.0 owner, it actually brings a smile to my face that so many other guys and gals grin like idiots when driving THEIR cars too. You guys are a riot!
MWmustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
it's easier to use all the power in my V6...that don't make it better than yours.

Oh wait, yes it does....ya wanna trade?

Lol!!! I forgot to mention that I recently added a lca, relocation brackets and radials. I don't have that issue anymore. Now it hooks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Test drove a 15 Gt Premium Manual..

^ You still need to give me that blower. 👍

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

After U give me the Porsche

Old 03-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Touché.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Trespassing into the V6 kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
I will have to say...NOT INTERESTED!

(Currently I have a 3.7 manual 2014 base model)

First off I am so glad I decided to snag my 2014 v6 in July 2014 right before the new 15 models came out. I'm not going to bash all day about the new body style, it is nice looking, but I think ford is headed towards a sleeker market body style and going away with the ridged muscle car lines but that's another topic entirely.

After the test-drive at Gus Machado Ford here in Cutler bay, a 2015 5.0 in manual, this is a just a 'my thoughts' and first impressions on the new body style and overall change.

I walked in to the dealer and told the salesperson that I would curious as to what the new mustangs drove like and just wanted some impressions on drive ability, the live rear-axle and, the overall change from a 2014 to a 2015. I test drove a 2015 Premium Convertible in Burgundy 5.0 with a manual transmission. First impression of the inside was..top notch interior. So many more buttons and functions than my 14 base. Of course this would take getting used to but in today's age, a lot of controls are to be expected and even welcome with all the options available at the flick of a switch. I didn't focus too much on the interior and focused more on how the new 5.0 shaped up to the older body v6. Some would say that's like comparing apples to oranges but I will continue.

With the package included on the car, it had a 3.55 gear ratio and I believe the track pack included. Overall driving impressions on the 5.0 after doing a dig to 60 and a little bit of rev matching and feeling the car throughout the powerband...

Not that impressed. The salesman told me, and I quote, "Well you have a v6, of course this is a lot more power, were talking about 435 horsepower!" I then said, how about you test drive my car and then you will see what I mean.

Needless to say the 3.73's, with a 93 tune and CAI on my 14' did the trick and the salesman honestly thought I did something else to the engine he was not sure about. Now THAT put a smile on my face.

To be fair, the 5.0 is an excellent platform to work on and with a little nudge to 3.73 or 4.10 and maybe test driving a coupe vs convert would have sold me for potential...but I still can't beat paying 22k for my base and putting in only 2k more to give a 5.0 driver with no mods a question at their new car payment.

Just thought I would share my fun experience on anyone thinking about tempting the new 15/16/17 waters on even a 5.0 without putting at least some aftermarket thought into it.

Have a happy weekend all!
Didn't realize this was the "v6" section, since the subject was something like driving a '15 GT or something like that. Anyway, when I hear a v6 owner downgrading a 5.0 it is immediately obvious to me that the V6er is still trying to justify his selection when deep down, he wants that V8. If they knew how obvious they sound when they do this, they might stop or go get the GT and live happily ever after.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #44
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflections View Post
Didn't realize this was the "v6" section, since the subject was something like driving a '15 GT or something like that. Anyway, when I hear a v6 owner downgrading a 5.0 it is immediately obvious to me that the V6er is still trying to justify his selection when deep down, he wants that V8. If they knew how obvious they sound when they do this, they might stop or go get the GT and live happily ever after.
It is the V6 Dynasty!!! LMAO just messin. Yea no problems here. I will always compliment a GT. Sometimes I even snag a compliment back from a 5.0 owner. Both car platforms are nice and serve their own purpose in the market.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I test drove a 5.0 GT with 3.73 gears a couple weeks ago. I did really like how it shifted, and that the clutch was much lighter than my own v6. I also very much appreciate the various drive modes being there and quality of interior.

It did sound pretty tame in comparison to my current pony, though. All I did with my v6 exhaust is CAI, but when I punch it on my v6 she roars and she kicks. The 5.0 was very polite. I want polite but throaty, so when I do go with a 5.0, I will likely want a CAI on it.

Overall, the test made me really appreciate my v6. She still felt very powerful when I sat back in her. Granted, I have my v6 tuned and some mods on her.

But honestly? I'm kinda tired of having to purchase my own upgrades. Sure, I want to personalize my mustang to a good extent, but next time? I'm getting the performance pack and the 5.0. But my reasons are shallow and probably lazy. I want that performance pack. And I want the sound, even if it's going to take a CAI to get it.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Paid 16k for my 2013 V/6 6 speed manual with Perf and Tech package with 18k on it in Dec of 2015 for $16,000.00 Couldn't be happier with the car and saving that much money.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I MIGHT have considered a V6 convertible when we bought our 2015, but Ford really screwed up by making the new V6 the bargain basement/rental fleet special. If I could have gotten the performance pack, leather, the Premium package etc. on a V6 -- again I might have at least considered it......................until I saw that Guard Metallic GT convertible in front of the dealer, and that eager young salesman came out with the keys and started it up. I was a goner so quickly that immediately is too slow a definition.
Starting up the V8 (and I even have the stock exhaust) with the top down in the garage, or a second gear blast to redline in a tunnel with the top down..........Heaven!
I so prefer Ford's firing order (and resulting exhaust note) on their V8's to the GM sound on theirs. More muscular, more "mechanical" sounding. I will NEVER tire of the sound of this engine.
As others have stated --- if you are in love with your V6, don't consider committing automotive adultery by lusting after the V8........but- please also understand our love for the sound and fury of our automotive vixen.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of the new mustangs and their colors -- enjoy your Guard Green! I think it's a wonderful color and like it as well as my own Deep Impact Blue.

But alas, for 2016, I see Ford is doing away with both our colors!
Old 03-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Speaking of the new mustangs and their colors -- enjoy your Guard Green! I think it's a wonderful color and like it as well as my own Deep Impact Blue.

But alas, for 2016, I see Ford is doing away with both our colors!
I am happy they are doing away with Guard, as I am not going to see our car coming and going like I to do with so many other colors. I was not aware they were doing away with DIB as well -- how do you feel about that?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I'm not really sure. I think they will replace it with something called "lightning blue"? I might be a little off on the name. So, as I do hope to purchase another mustang in the future, I'll withhold judgment on their new blue color until I see it in person.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #51
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I have no idea why people feel the need to make these posts lol. I'm glad you thoroughly enjoy your v6. Honestly, I am. Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not going to make me question my car payment. I've got heated/cooled seats, a good sized navi screen, and enough horsepower to make my butt pucker. I'm quite satisfied with my purchase. And I don't have to deal with the typical, "oh it's just a v6" response. Which annoyed the hell out of me when i had a Sixxer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
These threads always crack me up.

Listen, if you love your 3.7 and are happy with it then why are you going and test driving a 5.0?

I also agree with the statement above. There is no way that you got to actually enjoy the car on any test drive with a sales person in the car. A 5.0 wakes up after 3500+. My guess is you didn't crack 4000 at best. I would also put money on it that you never got more than 50% throttle.

I'm glad you like your car. But trying to convince us all that your tuned 3.7 and a set of gears makes your car as good as a new 5.0 is just silly.

By the way, I respect the hell out of the 3.7's. They are great motors, way better than previous year GT's when it comes to HP ect. But please 3.7 owners, quit making these threads trying to convince us all how you made the best choice ever by buying a 3.7 (and basing this around power to a 5.0). If it's because it does the trick for you, and you like it for xyz reason, cool. But stop trying to act like its going to mop the floor of a stock 5.0.

Rant over.
Man, if I had heated seats, I'd be mopping up on some 5.0 fanny! Also... my CAI gives me power, my CAI gives me power (as I click my heals). Oh, the later should be a new thread. Sorry.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
Not that impressed. The salesman told me, and I quote, "Well you have a v6, of course this is a lot more power, were talking about 435 horsepower!" I then said, how about you test drive my car and then you will see what I mean.

Needless to say the 3.73's, with a 93 tune and CAI on my 14' did the trick and the salesman honestly thought I did something else to the engine he was not sure about. Now THAT put a smile on my face.
Y...you let the salesguy drive your car?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Y...you let the salesguy drive your car?
Hell yeah haha Im insured
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
No one drives my car. Even my wife has never even sat in the driver seat!

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
No one droves my car. Even my wife has never even sat in the driver seat!

Sent from the future.
Exactly, only reason anyone else might drive my car is if I'm bringing it in for service that I can't do with a set of jack stands.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Test drove a 15 Gt Premium Manual..

^ next level up is a lift. 👍

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

After watching the Mustang GT owners jump all over this thread
when a poor shmuck dares to suggest that his V-6 runs almost as well as a GT,
I was wondering if the Shelby owners jump all over GT owners who proclaim that
their GT'S are fast? Just wondering. The v-8 guys have their own forum to compare testosterone levels, no need to invade this one. The fact is that these 3.7 "slugs"
are faster than 90 per cent of the Mustangs that have ever been built. For a great many folks who don't spend their weekends at the dragstrip, that will get the job done and then some.
GRREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Don't worry. I've driven 6 coyote cars now and only 1 has impressed me for the money. 3.73's are a definite must with the mt82.

The 1 that impressed me was 92 Notch with i/e/t and T56.

As far as not showing out with a salesman you guys need to grow a pair. Most test drives the salesman is yelling at me by the end, regardless the vehicle.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRREEN View Post

their GT'S are fast? Just wondering. The v-8 guys have their own forum to compare testosterone levels, no need to invade this one. The fact is that these 3.7 "slugs"

are faster than 90 per cent of the Mustangs that have ever been built. For a great many folks who don't spend their weekends at the dragstrip, that will get the job done and then some.

I actually own a v6 and agree they are fun cars but I am not delusional in thinking that my tune only 300 hp car is faster then a 435 hp GT. It's basically the equivalent to a civic with only a muffler passing a GT who isn't even racing him and thinks his car is faster.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You need to drive one that's fully broken in and tuned. I kind of felt the same way when I test drove a 2014 GT with only 4 miles on the odo after getting used to mine with tune, CAI and 3.31 gears. Then I got behind the wheel of one with over 30k miles, and a track pack with 3.73 gears. Quite a difference.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_101 View Post
You need to drive one that's fully broken in and tuned. I kind of felt the same way when I test drove a 2014 GT with only 4 miles on the odo after getting used to mine with tune, CAI and 3.31 gears. Then I got behind the wheel of one with over 30k miles, and a track pack with 3.73 gears. Quite a difference.
I think my 3.7 with 3.73s is a beast, I could only Imagine a 5oh with 3.73s!

Sent from the future.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I think my 3.7 with 3.73s is a beast, I could only Imagine a 5oh with 3.73s!

Sent from the future.

Better yet 5oh with a blower tuned with 373s

Old 03-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
As far as not showing out with a salesman you guys need to grow a pair. Most test drives the salesman is yelling at me by the end, regardless the vehicle.
That's because it's still theirs to sell!

Last time I had my car anywhere near a dealership, it was for service and the service tech nearly crashed it with me in it! The service dept then proceeded to botch a repair and crush a rocker moulding because they couldn't put it on a lift properly. But hey, if you want to trust a stealership with your car, peace be with you.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRREEN View Post

We are on the same page, but you have to admit it's funny when ppl still say since its v6 its not a real mustang.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

A Mustang with a V6 is like a non alcoholic beer. It's just a waste of space.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder if the GT 500 guys and 350R guys say the same thing about 5oh guys.....

Sent from the future.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #67
Staff

Regular
Staff

I will push cars with sales in it, but only after a bit and after telling them I'm going to do it. I will say I won't go crazy through turns with a passenger but I'll fully try power/brakes in anything I've driven.

Scott, ya made me laugh thx
Old 03-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
A Mustang with a V6 is like a non alcoholic beer. It's just a waste of space.

Nice one lol. 👏🏾

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I love my 3. 7 but I'd definitely look into a 5.0 for the sound alone lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Scott, ya made me laugh thx
Just stirring the pot and honestly meant no disrespect here.

Truth of the matter is the new V6's would run circles around the V8 in my very first Mustang, a Mustang II from 1977.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang