seat adjustment broke... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
seat adjustment broke...

so that first adjustment where you adjust the angle of the front of the seat on my '14 broke today. i always keep it flat, and i always keep the back adjustment either all the way down or like a smidge up just so i'm not sitting super low, but i hate having my legs at an angle, especially driving stick...and coming from only driving pickups in my life, i'm used to that flat seating style.

anyway, my seats been creaking lately and i thought it was just the cold weather (seems like cold weather makes my body panels and everything squeak, so i figured maybe it's doing that to the seat too)

so today i went to adjust that front adjustment, it moved a little bit, and then bam, made a small noise and stopped moving. the motor still makes a noise for both directions, but does not move at all. ugh.

it just moved this morning, yesterday, and the day before because i've been randomly adjusting it to see if the creaking seat would stop, so i guess today it just had enough.

i'm brigning my car to ford monday to get that water sloshing issue looked at once and for all (since it's not cold out and the water won't be frozen again..) and now i'm going to add this to the list of what's wrong. i really hope they look at it/fix it/replace it under warranty, because my warranty is up end of april, and then i'm SOL with any problems with the car.

anyone ever have this issue before??
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I think the power seat track motors have a tendency to crap out (either the motors or the gearing/linkages...not sure). Might be worth checking if there's a TSB on it, and if so, printing out a copy and handing to the dealer service tech.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
nice thanks for the advice. I'll check tomorrow. ugh, stupid seat!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang