2014 Mustang Navigation System - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

Region: California
2014 Mustang Navigation System

I have a 2014 Mustang v6 and have the oem Shaker 500 without navigation but I was wondering if there is any way I can get the Factory OEM Navigation System on my car. I ask this because everyone is saying that Ford dealership don't sell the navigation systems. I know there are aftermarket stereos but I don't like how the screen is on the bottom/middle (infront of the shift stick) that is why I want something like the factory oem stereo dash kit because it has the screen on top. Someone is selling me a GT500 Navigation System from a 2013 could that one be install on my car?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Alexlife10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You almost need to have a donor car to do it bit it can be done. This is the only write up that I know of with the OEM Nav Adding the OEM nav - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Raxiom navigation and it looks OEM plus the screen is on the top like you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (2).JPG
Views:	311
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	198893  
cwlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I will probably get the Raxiom unit this summer.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
You almost need to have a donor car to do it bit it can be done. This is the only write up that I know of with the OEM Nav Adding the OEM nav - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
For the cost of adding factory nav, ID probably just go aftermarket or roll the dice with the raxiom.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would recommend getting the Raxiom unit. I have had no problems with it and I have had it over a year now.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
2014 Mustang Navigation System

Plus with the Raxiom if you have a factory satellite antenna you can use a connector to use that antenna for GPS. Works better than running another cable.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Way too many complaints about that unit, I would stay away.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Way too many complaints about that unit, I would stay away.

Sent from the future.
I think it is a great unit. Plus they have come out with a second generation unit since I got mine, so that one may be even better. What have you heard is wrong with the unit?
Old 03-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlanders View Post
I think it is a great unit. Plus they have come out with a second generation unit since I got mine, so that one may be even better. What have you heard is wrong with the unit?
There's been a fair amount of failures, audio channels stopping working. I really want to like this unit and have been tempted to buy it more than once. Just hesitate because of the troubles folks here have had.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
^This^
Its a good looking unit but Imo for what it actually does its way over priced, and the amount of customer complaints from total failure to random things that just stop working make it a bust.
My $100 tablet install not only had navigation that gave turn by turn directions through the cars audio system but also internet when paired with my phone and 64gbs of my music and movies on it, all for just a $100, not to mention basically anything you would do on a tablet from news to sport updates ect.
Just saying bang for buck the Raxiom is not a good deal other than looking nice.
Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I too researched putting the oem nav I think I have the same setup as you with the shaker 500 and sync. I called the dealer up and asked them if they could install the nav from a gt into my v6 and they said it was a possibility but it wasn't for sure apparently they needed the radio number to be sure. I don't think it's worth it to go with the factory nav anymore. I was quoted 1300 just in labor for the install from a ford dealer if they could do it while you could get the raxiom and a full sound system for 1300 if you get a good deal. It all depends on what you want though if you just want nav our v6 cars with sync actually do have navigation, something I never thought it had, that shows up on the radio through sync services it just doesn't have a big screen. Now if you want the touch screen you have to do raxiom or some other type of unit. If you haven't ever tried the nav in your car and it has sync let me know you should have nav and I can help you get it working.
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:09 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I can't comment on adding in the GT500 nav unit but I can on the Raxion. I installed mine over Christmas and have about 20k miles driven since. It looks every bit of OEM and I have had no issues at all. Install is plug and play but it is a tight fit and your wire tucking has to be just right. Time consuming but not a bear. The unit is pricey but one heck of a lot cheaper than OEM option. AM has them on sale every blue moon for $500 (w/ bluetooth). That the time to get it. But even at six or seven hundred, it's still worth it from an opinion of someone who actually installed and owns one. Keep getting opinions though because issues that circulate are more hearsay than anything else from "there was this guy.." but you do see/read it occasionally. Do a forum search. Good luck. For my part, mine rocks.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Plus with the Raxiom if you have a factory satellite antenna you can use a connector to use that antenna for GPS. Works better than running another cable.

Sent from my #racecar

How man?
jj4life24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

This is my factory nav.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	199587  
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Do maps update free?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Otherwise get a good Garmin. Remove if not needed!!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Mschrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
^This^
Its a good looking unit but Imo for what it actually does its way over priced, and the amount of customer complaints from total failure to random things that just stop working make it a bust.
My $100 tablet install not only had navigation that gave turn by turn directions through the cars audio system but also internet when paired with my phone and 64gbs of my music and movies on it, all for just a $100, not to mention basically anything you would do on a tablet from news to sport updates ect.
Just saying bang for buck the Raxiom is not a good deal other than looking nice.
Sent from the future.
What do you mean with tablet install? Because I have seen online that there is like a dash mount where you can put an iPad mini or a Nexux 7 tablet. Is your something like that?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Images

Alexlife10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I can't comment on adding in the GT500 nav unit but I can on the Raxion. I installed mine over Christmas and have about 20k miles driven since. It looks every bit of OEM and I have had no issues at all. Install is plug and play but it is a tight fit and your wire tucking has to be just right. Time consuming but not a bear. The unit is pricey but one heck of a lot cheaper than OEM option. AM has them on sale every blue moon for $500 (w/ bluetooth). That the time to get it. But even at six or seven hundred, it's still worth it from an opinion of someone who actually installed and owns one. Keep getting opinions though because issues that circulate are more hearsay than anything else from "there was this guy.." but you do see/read it occasionally. Do a forum search. Good luck. For my part, mine rocks.
I'm about to be the guy you are referring to. I bought my Raxiom unit it September 2014 and had to have it replaced in February 2015 because the screen stopped working. After a year and a half the screen just stopped working again this weekend. It has not turned on in 3 days now. Thank goodness it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2014 mustang