First Mustang, first manual - some questions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Laser is very direction with a minimum scatter. Because of that, a detector won't provide nearly as much advance warning with laser as it can with radar, although under the right circumstances it certainly can give advance warning as the guys above pointed out. But I do want to reiterate that it is most effective when combined with either active or passive countermeasures. They will give you a few extra seconds to scrub off speed even if you are being directly targeted.

BTW, my research indicates that radar detectors are legal for use in private vehicles in California, but mounting them to the windshield can cause problems if the police decide that it is obstructing your view (I'm not a lawyer, this isn't legal advice). It seems that Cali may have stricter laws on stuff like that than most other states. But, enforcement is up to the officer, who may not care if a GPS is stuck to the windshield but may take umbrage to a radar detector on suction cup mounts. All I can say for certain is that I've never been ticketed for my detector when traveling in Cali. Of course, as I said, I'm not a lawyer...

Edit: Here are a couple of links for detector laws: AAA or RadarBusters
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
headlight covers dim the output of your lights. To this semi-old guy I find them silly form<function but Mustangs are best when they're made the way you want them not the way someone else wants.
Ya, I have a hard time seeing at night with them... They came with the vehicle, and I think it's a nice look though. If I get one of the black things for the middle of the trunk, it'd be a black strip in front and a black strip in back with just a chrome pony shining in the middle. Would look pretty neat. But again... practicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Here is a link to the Ultimate Cup Holders that Mud mentioned. Order the one for the BMW E39 5 Series. It fits perfectly.

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.
Perfect!! Thanks!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I am in West Knox County almost everyday, we have a lot of costumers off of Northshore.
The only time you really need to go all the way down with the clutch is when you are starting it, a little down from where you engage you should be able to shift although going all the way down is not a bad thing while you are learning.
Yep, I work out at Northshore! Neat. Thanks for the tips about the clutch, it helped me out today driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Also - looking to move to Knoxville TN area - JuJu - do you like living there? I have a convertible - I am thinking the winter weather won't be so bad that I will have to store it all winter. Would you think that is true? TIA
It's a great area! Beautiful springs and falls. Right now pink and white dogwood trees are in bloom everywhere, and purple redbud trees, and white flowered bradford pears... it's great! Summer is kinda humid but nothing like Georiga. Winters aren't that bad, but the weather is very crazy and all over the place. We usually don't get but a couple of snows and they're usually not too bad. Ice can be a problem where it rains all day and then nighttime drops below freezing. Winters are relatively mild. It's a good place to live.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Juju, When you started off, you said you are a safe driver and always did speed limits. Now you are asking for suggestion on investing in a radar detector. I see you getting nice and comfortable with your mustang and a manual transmission. Which is good. Just be safe

I think Valentine V1's are best Or may be someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Welcome and enjoy your the car. This is my first time owning a mustang too (But I knew how to drive a standard transmission) and I am loving it. I have started to do the mods myself. I have learn to gather courage to do stuff on it myself. It is really satisfying when you complete a project. But, I do a lot of reading and research before I take a crack at any project. My first ever mod was to do a GT Grille, Fogs and Lower valance Fogs swap on my 2013 V6. Very satisfying..
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang