Water pumps - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Water pumps

Hey guys I saw pink coolant this morning when arrived at work
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1459867898.865487.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	199291
Took it in and say it's possibly water pump.

Suggestions anyone else have this issue? Please advise.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
there are threads with the pump leaking. There is an updated overflow hose with a check valve in it. some folks have had it under the 5/60 wtty others not. yeah know what you've done to yours
Old 04-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

2012 leaking coolant. Help!
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Saw learn source near pulley new pump on its way along w some tsb for gasket and hose.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Update: currently at ford dealership, 140 for diagnostic test if it is the pump it is covered under power train. If covered 140 is waived. Hopefully don't get issues w supercharger and other mods

Old 04-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
$140 to look under the hood? I hope your dealer isn't one of those that says the faulty hose is to blame and they aren't covered under the pwr train warranty.
iguanaman3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

tell me about it... but everything will be waived ... keeping fingers crossed.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I gotta feelin' that they may not cover it cause of the Procharger. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that's my guess. Let us know how it works out.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i thought about that too, but, they were interested and started asking questions on it lol...
Old 04-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Update: Dealer confirmed it is water pump, it will be replaced under powertrain warranty, but due to my various supercharger components (i.e.L add'l items to move around) there is an induced labor cost: 250 is what I'm looking at. Glad it is covered.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

props to your dealer for being fair. I assume it is a pita to get at pump due to SC. Sometime they'll just be __________'s glad they are dealing with it.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I came outside after remote starting mine last year to find coolant everywhere and car starting to get hot one morning, I thought it was coming from the pump too but fan was blowing it everywhere I had a local mechanic pressure test the system and confirmed a leak, turned out just being my coolant reservoir that managed to crack somehow, I still ended up buying the hose with the check valve though because of many people saying that was the cause of our pumps going out, make sure you're dealer puts one in

Brandonb2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

http://ford.oemdtc.com/588/coolant-p...4-ford-mustang Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1459893916.432738.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	199299

Inspect the coolant hose from the thermostat housing to degas bottle. Is the coolant hose equipped with a check valve located as indicated?

Old 04-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

They r putting new pump thermostat and gasket I'm assuming if this is what causes the issue that they would already know that. If it is the cause of the problem

Old 04-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah you would think so! But I remember guys having theirs replaced and didn't end up getting that replaced, but they should of caught light of it now at most dealership......btw has anyone heard anything else about the recall on our airbags?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb2012 View Post
Yeah you would think so! But I remember guys having theirs replaced and didn't end up getting that replaced, but they should of caught light of it now at most dealership......btw has anyone heard anything else about the recall on our airbags?

My Dealer said they were up to 2008 M/Y a month ago on the Air bags
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Update: I was hesitant in driving home as some procharger components had to be removed for water pump install but I drove home and boost was going lol so they put it back on correctly. For having all those mods and not ever going to dealer even w 47k miles they honored power train warranty. Very satisfying experience.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

That's great man, can't say the same for most dealers! Hopefully that fixed it! And wow lol so we still got a while till ours gets fixed I just thought about that today on the way to work it was real foggy and some people were driving with lights off....The chance of metal debris being thrown out from my airbag if I got into a wreck and told the person car pooling with me about it haha

Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb2012 View Post
That's great man, can't say the same for most dealers! Hopefully that fixed it! And wow lol so we still got a while till ours gets fixed I just thought about that today on the way to work it was real foggy and some people were driving with lights off....The chance of metal debris being thrown out from my airbag if I got into a wreck and told the person car pooling with me about it haha

They are doing it by year with the oldest first. The idea is that it takes years for the corrosion to degrade the metal container so the newer ones should work correctly. Hopefully they will get to all of ours in time! I wish they would stop using metal at all in airbags so they can't become grenades.
iguanaman3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang