Restored to Stock Tune, Got code PO111 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Restored to Stock Tune, Got code PO111

I re-installed the factory airbox and restored factory program on my '14 Cyclone last night, took a 45 minute drive, all was fine. This morning she's throwing a code PO111, something to do with the intake air temp sensor. Anybody else ever have this? I've been trying to get her to pass inspection for 3 weeks, Steeda custom tune apparently bypassed O2 and Catalyst sensors for some reason, so we could not get O2, O2 heat and Catalyst sensors to set, mechanic said it had to be the tune. She's under 15K miles, with BBK Shorty Headers and BBK 73mm T/B and FRPP Axle Backs, beyond that she's stock. Kept in garage, Engine bay kept clean, no corrosion on connections (which were all unplugged/reconnected last night). Any suggestions?
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You might have damaged the sensor, it is very delicate. You have to be careful and not hurt the little wire in it. It might not be seated good to. The sensor could be bad also. Here is a list of things that might be wrong

P0111 - OBD-II Trouble Code | BestRide.com
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, but turned out to be a 'calibration soak' thing thankfully. Cleared the code, all is well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
What is a calibration soak? And how did you fix the issue? Would like to get some knowledge
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Calibration soak

As I understand from the article I read, when the ECU is initially flashed, it performs calibration functions for approximately 8 hours after you shut the engine down. When you start it up after that "soak" time it compares the intake air temp and the coolant temp, if there is too much difference between the two it codes PO111, which indicates a potential problem with the IAT sensor. Monday morning there was a 20 degree change from my garage to the driveway, hence the temp deviation. I cleared the code and it has not returned.
After the initial calibration, anytime the battery is disconnected, it goes thru another 'Calibration soak', but now, it's only 6 hours, so under similar conditions it's possible to throw a code; if that code is due to this Calibration soak' (I wonder who came up with that term?) clearing the code should be all that's needed.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Learn something today. Thank you guys.
alfaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thank you for the explanation!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
As I understand from the article I read, when the ECU is initially flashed, it performs calibration functions for approximately 8 hours after you shut the engine down. When you start it up after that "soak" time it compares the intake air temp and the coolant temp, if there is too much difference between the two it codes PO111, which indicates a potential problem with the IAT sensor. Monday morning there was a 20 degree change from my garage to the driveway, hence the temp deviation. I cleared the code and it has not returned.
After the initial calibration, anytime the battery is disconnected, it goes thru another 'Calibration soak', but now, it's only 6 hours, so under similar conditions it's possible to throw a code; if that code is due to this Calibration soak' (I wonder who came up with that term?) clearing the code should be all that's needed.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang