2014 Mustang V6 Base Question - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
idk how. i had a black 01 frontier before this, and again,black is god awful. water spots every single time i wash my car, even if i use the water blade, or a leaf blower to blow dry it...no matter what there will still be spots. unless i want it to shine everytime i wash it, i'd have to use detailer spray every single time, and i'm not doing that lol

my first truck was a pos 91 nissan pickup, red, and it never looked dirty. only rusty because random pieces rusted (256k miles so yeah lol) but never water spots or anything. next time, i'm getting a bright color.

also lol at sending from your fridge.
If you properly dry the car you won't have water spots.
Can't beat black for a great looking shine. Although the Ruby Red is a close 2nd.
I use a water drying Chamois and a drying towel.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #72
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
idk how. i had a black 01 frontier before this, and again,black is god awful. water spots every single time i wash my car, even if i use the water blade, or a leaf blower to blow dry it...no matter what there will still be spots. unless i want it to shine everytime i wash it, i'd have to use detailer spray every single time, and i'm not doing that lol

my first truck was a pos 91 nissan pickup, red, and it never looked dirty. only rusty because random pieces rusted (256k miles so yeah lol) but never water spots or anything. next time, i'm getting a bright color.

also lol at sending from your fridge.

1st: i LIVE in my fridge;
B: why would you wash your auto & not dry it after (???);
3: i couldn't stand having a dirty/rusty vehicle.
my bedroom is another issue, but my car is always spotless & clean inside & out. probably more than anyone i know.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:02 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
well, that sucks about your paint job; but i have black & I have nothing to complain about (which sucks because I live for complainin'!!!)

Sent from my Samsung RH2777AT fridge
You complain? Never!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 02:07 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If you properly dry the car you won't have water spots.
Can't beat black for a great looking shine. Although the Ruby Red is a close 2nd.
I use a water drying Chamois and a drying towel.
If you wash your car and let it dry naturally, there will be spots. If it rains, expect spots. To keep a finish perfect it has to be maintained at a level beyond excellence.

I'm considering offering detail jobs for some of you guys. The down side is that it would take a few days and cost a few hundred dollars to give you the quality I look for.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
when it rains, there's never spots. ever. the reason there's spots when i use water is bc of the ****ty minerals and stuff in the water. it's hard water here so yeah. but when it rains, my car looks amazing lol. either way, i never use the chamois because i can never get the water drops off perfectly enough to warrant using it.. I'll still have spots.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
when it rains, there's never spots. ever. the reason there's spots when i use water is bc of the ****ty minerals and stuff in the water. it's hard water here so yeah. but when it rains, my car looks amazing lol. either way, i never use the chamois because i can never get the water drops off perfectly enough to warrant using it.. I'll still have spots.

That's why I use a drying towel as I go along with the chamois.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
When you get hard water spots take a soft towel and dampen it with white vinegar. I always have some drip spots even after drying it and this wipes them right off.

Oh and I would never use a leaf blower on my car. Could throw fine debris on it.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Chamois then wipe completely dry with a microfiber towel or cloth.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Drying our cars is the hardest part, i don't like water spots . My cars don't have water spots .

I like to wash our cars when the sun is almost down. It gives me extra time to dry them.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #80
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
2014 Mustang V6 Base Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Drying our cars is the hardest part, i don't like water spots . My cars don't have water spots .

I like to wash our cars when the sun is almost down. It gives me extra time to dry them.

I think the latest (...earliest?🤔)
i washed my car was 12:30am, when it's nice & cool & no sun streaks & no wind
then it's ready for the day 🤓

I would rather spend 12 hours a day cleaning my car for free than the 8 hours I spend interning & 4 hours of paid work than I'm usually doing now, THATS FOR SURE!!

Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Right now I could wash my car in the sun and it still wouldnt dry. 95 and 100% humidity. Awesome.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i never wash my car during the day anymore, but problem is i park outside so in the evening the paint is still hot from sitting all day.

i should buy a new chamois and some more microfiber cloths and try drying it. i'm very careful with my leaf blower though, and i never really get debris from it because it's shooting out air that's sucked up from chest high when i hold it, so i don't think that's an issue..plus it's great to get water out of the grille and little crevices where it'll drip out and leave stains.

either way yeah today i checked and had a bunch of spots all over that are ugly looking. if i did the detailer after, it would be nice...i haven't waxed it in like a year and detailed in like 8 months probably, so i REALLY have to do it soon.

i've got to research waxes and try something new. i always used turtle wax ice which was nice, but the last time i did it, it was a bit too hazy and took forever to buff out, so maybe mines getting old. i use ice detailer spray though, works great. so i want to see if i can find a wax especially for black cars.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 06-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
I think the latest i washed my car was 12:30am, when it's nice & cool & no sun streaks & no wind
then it's ready for the day 🤓

I would rather spend 12 hours a day cleaning my car for free than the 8 hours I spend interning & 4 hours of paid work than I'm usually doing now, THATS FOR SURE!!

I always wash my vehicles at night. No chance of problems with the sun. Depending on the time of the year I have to deal with dew and condensation though.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Try Duragloss products. I was a skeptic but a ton of pro detailers swear by it so I gave it a try. The clearcoat polish is the bomb, gives it a wet look that lasts a long time.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Try Duragloss products. I was a skeptic but a ton of pro detailers swear by it so I gave it a try. The clearcoat polish is the bomb, gives it a wet look that lasts a long time.
thanks i'll look into it! my next thing is looking into getting some borla tourings...
Old 06-16-2016, 06:19 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
In the past i used 100% real animal skin chamois but they would start falling apart on the second year I have been using two of these for the last three years and they work perfect. They have never put a scratch on either of our cars (my wife's 2014 Edge Limited and my Mustang). Here is a link Viking 989400 - Drying Towel | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Its weird but I hate chamois. They stick like glue to my car when I go to dry it and it feels like Im going to rub the paint off. I use thick soft cotton towels.

The fine scratches/swirls usually come from bad waxing/detailing applications. I learned from experience. Doh!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2014 mustang