Thought on Hankook tires? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thought on Hankook tires?

Is anyone running Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120 on their Mustang? Whats your thought on them? What is your recommendation for new tires of the stang?
mustangmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Go to 'The Tire Rack' and read reviews for the tires you are interested in. Just when you think the reviews are pretty good and you might buy a set, then you start reading, the tires aren't worth a crap. I 'think' sometimes a competing tire company 'pay' people to write bad reviews, sometimes
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Go to 'The Tire Rack' and read reviews for the tires you are interested in. Just when you think the reviews are pretty good and you might buy a set, then you start reading, the tires aren't worth a crap. I 'think' sometimes a competing tire company 'pay' people to write bad reviews, sometimes
I write bad things for EVERYTHING! You don't have to pay me, I do it proactively. Even if I don't own it.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I do too sometimes
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
They are a fine tire for the price, but don't think you'll get the same performance as say a Michelin PSS or bfg comp2.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Get BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S they have one of the lowest lap times on Tire rack tests, very close to the summer tires and work well under 40 degrees which the summer won't grip well Tread rating is 400, so you won't wear them out at 20k. Traction rating AA, Temperature is A. Tires are quiet to.
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
Get BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S they have one of the lowest lap times on Tire rack tests, very close to the summer tires and work well under 40 degrees which the summer won't grip well Tread rating is 400, so you won't wear them out at 2k. Traction rating AA, Temperature is A. Tires are quiet to.
I put a set of these on the day after Thanksgiving and have about 2000 miles on them. They are great and would buy them again. Way better than the stock Pirellis and stickier. I stayed with the same stock size of 235/50/18 and the Pirellis footprint was about 8 inches wide and the BFGs are almost 10 inches wide. They handle great and helped with the body roll with the stiffer side walls. Researched these tires on Tire Rack and other places and they're the best bang for the buck that I could come up with. Just my opinion
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I put a set of these on the day after Thanksgiving and have about 2000 miles on them. They are great and would buy them again. Way better than the stock Pirellis and stickier. I stayed with the same stock size of 235/50/18 and the Pirellis footprint was about 8 inches wide and the BFGs are almost 10 inches wide. They handle great and helped with the body roll with the stiffer side walls. Researched these tires on Tire Rack and other places and they're the best bang for the buck that I could come up with. Just my opinion
I have the performance package and the car sticks to the road just great. My local Town Fair Tire matched the price and I got a free front end align also.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
The BGFs should be stock for the Mustang. BFG is owned my Michelin and the tires are made in the USA, and they cost less than the stock Pirellis and out perform them to boot. That's a win, win, win
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The BGFs should be stock for the Mustang. BFG is owned my Michelin and the tires are made in the USA, and they cost less than the stock Pirellis and out perform them to boot. That's a win, win, win
The original P Zeros went only 18K
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My focus came new w hankooks and I didn't think much about them until I switched! Went with Sumitomos cuz they were pkg deal on wheels I wanted. They seemed better than stock pirellis BUT I ran 10's in rear so that might be part of it. Swapped Sumi's for Hankooks and definitely think they bite better. I'd say they're worth the $. Have a few thousand miles on them. For a DD, they're my pick. One thing I don't like is the sidewall being cluttered with lettering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	199684  
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S they have one of the lowest lap times on Tire rack tests, very close to the summer tires and work well under 40 degrees which the summer won't grip well Tread rating is 400, so you won't wear them out at 20k. Traction rating AA, Temperature is A. Tires are quiet to.

I think these will be the next tires I'll try in a few years. They test very good and a good price
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think these will be the next tires I'll try in a few years. They test very good and a good price
There's definitely better tires, but I'd be leery of a test that claims best track time yet the compound is functional below 40 and has a wear rating that high? Not saying it isn't possible either. Believe me, I'm no tire expert or have as much xp as some members here but I can read. Do I get a metal?
Old 04-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
There's definitely better tires, but I'd be leery of a test that claims best track time yet the compound is functional below 40 and has a wear rating that high? Not saying it isn't possible either. Believe me, I'm no tire expert or have as much xp as some members here but I can read. Do I get a metal?
They are all season high performance. I live in CT and replaced the P Zeros in December and what a difference it made in cold weather grip. I don't drive in the snow but we had plenty of days in the 20s and 30s.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They are all season high performance. I live in CT and replaced the P Zeros in December and what a difference it made in cold weather grip. I don't drive in the snow but we had plenty of days in the 20s and 30s.
I'll take your word for it. I'm due west of you in Syracuse, NY and below 40, ez on the pedal or those summer only tires spin! I don't like driving her much below 40 but it happens now n then.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:34 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I read it on the internet, so it must be true
Old 04-15-2016, 06:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I could not find BFG's in stock and went with Bridgestone RE 760 sport summer tires with good grip.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I read it on the internet, so it must be true
No truer words have ever been spoken
Old 04-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No truer words have ever been spoken
Tire Rack is very fair on their test results. The tests are standardized using BMW RWD mostly for performance tires. They don't care what tires you by as they will the pros and cons of each tire they test. Also consumers can rate the tires they bought and you get a good feeling if the owners like then and how long they lasted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang