19 x 10 on the front ?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
19 x 10 on the front ??

Has anyone tried or installed 19" x 10" wheels on the front to replace the factory 19's? I got a deal on 4 brand new in the box AM GT/CS 19 x 10's. I was hoping to install and run my factory summer only tires (255 40 19) that have been collecting dust in the basement.

After a trial fit of the wheels they look like with tires it may rub the strut and need a spacer because of the wheels offset.

This brings me to my second question. Does anyone know the max spacing that can be done without having to replace the studs with longer ones? Visually it appears abt .25" and still have a full nut (1/2") of thread.

I'm shooting to have a summer and winter setup since mine is a DD.
Any help or helpful suggestions are appreciated.
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Do you happen to know the offset of the wheels?
Are you lowered? The alignment when lowered (camber) will cause the top of the tire to rub the fender well some times.

You ideally want at least 8 threads, some people say as low as 5, but i suppose you could say "between 5 and 8 threads" to be considered "safe." <- understand that's one of those use at your own discretion type things.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Are you lowered? The alignment when lowered (camber) will cause the top of the tire to rub the fender well some times.

You ideally want at least 8 threads, some people say as low as 5, but i suppose you could say "between 5 and 8 threads" to be considered "safe." <- understand that's one of those use at your own discretion type things.
Nope not lowered everything is original. The wheel appeared has though with a tire rubbing wasn't going to be an issue inside the fender well.
AFA offset I'll have to measure it when I get to the house. Visually comparing it to the original wheel on the other side it sticks out abt 1/4" and the remaining 3/4" goes inside closer to the strut...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Voltwings;2356102]Do you happen to know the offset of the wheels?

If my figuring is correct it comes out to 46-47mm off set... on a 10" wheel.. so is it abt 1"deeper into the well if the factory was 9" wide, is that correct? better off is it safe?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
[QUOTE=heebe_geebe;2356215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post

If my figuring is correct it comes out to 47mm off set...
That happens to agree with what AM show on their web site. But it should be on the inside of the rim. Usually shown are dia, width and offset.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Diehard;2356228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebe_geebe View Post
That happens to agree with what AM show on their web site. But it should be on the inside of the rim. Usually shown are dia, width and offset.
Yes sir the inside confirms everything. I also notice AM says rear only for 19x10 on their site. I'd like use them as is. I have access and can make spacers but not gonna do it if it's not safe...

I guess I'll start out with .125 then see how many revolutions the lug nuts screw. I don't think losing a 1/4" is a wise starting point so 1/8" it is....

Old 04-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
[QUOTE=heebe_geebe;2356248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post

Yes sir the inside confirms everything. I also notice AM says rear only for 19x10 on their site. I'd like use them as is. I have access and can make spacers but not gonna do it if it's not safe...

I guess I'll start out with .125 then see how many revolutions the lug nuts screw. I don't think losing a 1/4" is a wise starting point so 1/8" it is....
They say rear only because most of the people that buy parts from them actually don't really know anything about cars. So it has to be a 100% guaranteed fit.... A lot of us inhere understand how parts of the car works and know how to make changes for something to work. But they can't just recommend parts that will need modification....

That being said, its not that hard to put 10" all around on the front of a S197

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Soccerluvr4;2356250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebe_geebe View Post

They say rear only because most of the people that buy parts from them actually don't really know anything about cars. So it has to be a 100% guaranteed fit.... A lot of us inhere understand how parts of the car works and know how to make changes for something to work. But they can't just recommend parts that will need modification....

That being said, its not that hard to put 10" all around on the front of a S197
Makes perfect sense, called liability...
I appreciate the input and assurance. Game on...

Old 04-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well I pull the trigger and installed the 10"x 19" AM GT/CS. Man I'm glad I did. I did use a 1/8" spacer but I really dont think it was necessary. I have free movement and zero rubbing issues. I am running 255 40 19 so they are pretty much flush with the rim's.

I like the look. I guess after 3 years I was ready for a change. With this summer setup in 6 months or so I'll switch them back when the temp drops...

The factory wheels with tires tipped the scale at 59 lbs each. The summer setup weighed out at 53 lbs each. Nice little bonus. I thought abt dipping them black to match my mirrors and back deck but that may come later if I wanna different look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0979.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	199850  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang