Add letters to radiator? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Add letters to radiator?

Anyone know how he did this? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1460763023.168137.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	199808

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
asvpedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
More than likely spray paint.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpedwin View Post
Anyone know how he did this? Attachment 199808

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
When zoomed in, it almost looks like he may have inserted small pieces of something between the fins. Maybe like styrofoam packing pieces.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No, its paint, you're just seeing the "fin" structure of the radiator.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Has to be paint. I searched youtube videos and never could find a, 'do it yourself' video
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Years ago when I worked at a Radiator shop we had a stencil we would put on the front of the radiator and then paint the rest. Now nothing is painted so they work more efficiently. Also that is not your Radiator, you would be painting your A/C Condenser since it is in front.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I agree, it's probably spray paint. The logo came spray painted on my intercooler:

Hodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I've seen SVT inside the front of GT500s in photos before and I kind of really like it. I pondered this mod myself but I knew I would feel absolutely fake doing that in my 14 GT front with the Cervini GT500 style grill. I tried to think of a different letter pattern or anything appropriate to my car but I couldn't come up with something inspirational, true to what I drive and not have a slight smell of rice about it.
It's still one of my thinking puzzles when I come across those photos again but I'm not good with original style ideas.
I know what I think looks good to me on other Mustangs and I take bits from all styles to complete my own but in a way that absolutely doesn't make my car a fake, poser or wanna be. I don't think it's respectful to the real works of art. If I'm meant to have a real Shelby, Roush, Saleen etc, I will surely cherish it but I don't want to do even a tiny lie during my GT affair and let something be ok with me and yet had once been one thing I told myself I would never do.
The Mustang letters are ok I guess but the stencils seem fuzzy, not really quality looking which i don't like. It really would be worth the extra process to make it look factory.mor at least pass as a factory custom variant that's never been seen yet. .. If that's possible.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Ureeka!!!! It just hit me like a freight train!! "FHRITP". Ballsy yet not obvious to those who don't know.... And for those that know.... A statement! A way of life! Proudly displayed on my grill.

People will envy... What is that? They will whisper... A new rare brand inter cooler ?
Some new and exotic type of supercharger hybrid...a blend of traditional FI with turboencabulator components also?
There will be haters too, haters gonna hate.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang