Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Have any of you taken your Mustangs in for TSBS or recalls...

6K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Looking like I have a airbag recall I need to go in for. Also there is a TSB for the manual transmission where they swap to synthetic fluid. Have any of y'all taken your car in for these? Others?

TSBs are covered out of warranty?

#59 ·
Got the check valve coolant hose, differential vent upgrade, and the MT82 fluid swap done. Also added a new cabin filter, and an oil change. Slowly getting everything maintenance wise caught up.

#60 ·
A little slow

I finally got around to installing the differential vent kit yesterday. Non to soon I suspect either. For when I pulled the old vent out there was pressure built up in the housing. It went pssst when I pulled it out. Rear wasn't too messy, hadn't lost a measurable amount of lube. While I was working on the car I gave her clean oil and filter and changed the cabin air filter.

Attachments

#62 ·
I finally got around to installing the differential vent kit yesterday.
Yeah, did mine too when changing the gear oil a few weeks back.

Pro-tip. If you have an aftermarket aluminum cover (like the FRPP girdle), there's no "lip" to clip the hose to. Instead, clip it to the UCA near the bushing on the top of the pumpkin.

#61 ·
Since this Thread is back to life. I had the air bag canister replaced under the recall. I also had my 'throttle body' replaced for free under the 'Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23'. Some 2011 Ford v6's (3.7L and 3.5L) are possible for this program, you have to check with a Ford dealer and let them run your VIN to see if your build date is on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.