Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Have any of you taken your Mustangs in for TSBS or recalls...

6K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Looking like I have a airbag recall I need to go in for. Also there is a TSB for the manual transmission where they swap to synthetic fluid. Have any of y'all taken your car in for these? Others?

TSBs are covered out of warranty?

#5 · (Edited)
#7 · (Edited)
I don't believe so. I think that just tells them what to repair/replace when it meets the criteria outlined in the TSB.
Many members here have been replacing the hose themselves. I think it's like $25 or so.
I haven't bothered replacing mine.

#9 ·
That's what is believed. The check valve prevents the accumulation of air bubbles which can cause the pump to go. So the story goes.
I couldn't find a copy of the TSB but as I recall, if the pump is leaking AND the hose does not contain the check valve, they are directed to replace both.
Don't know what you have read in some of the earlier threads but some people had them repaired under the drive train warranty and some where denied with the reason being that the hose caused the pump to go. I guess it depends on the dealer.

#19 ·
Like I posted a few days ago, I recently got my water pump replaced by local Ford dealership. Even with all the modifications I have, they asked no questions, did the work under the power train warranty, and charged me for some labor as they had to move parts around etc. Still, it was cover under warranty, no questions asked.

#22 ·
The TSB won't be covered if it is out of warranty.

There are mixed stories about TSB 14-0212, some dealers don't cover some have no problem. One thing I notice when I went through threads on various forums is that the dealer-don't-cover stories happened most on earlier months when this TSB showed up. Later TSB claims don't have as much trouble. I had mine done couple of weeks ago and dealer have it done under power train warranty. When they pull the TSB up there is claim number or reference number they need to put in their computer to decide if it is covered and my dealer seems fine with it.

#25 ·
Part number ER3Z-8276-A

#28 ·
Took the Mustang to the local Ford dealership. The denied every TSB and said that the recall would not be completed until July. Denied the bubbling paint TSB, the water pump / hose, and the manual transmission fluid TSB.

239.00 for manual trans

352.00 for water pump

What a joke.

#29 ·
Took the Mustang to the local Ford dealership. The denied every TSB and said that the recall would not be completed until July. Denied the bubbling paint TSB, the water pump / hose, and the manual transmission fluid TSB.

239.00 for manual trans

352.00 for water pump

What a joke.

Damn my local dealership covered water pump with procharger supercharger installed and various many mods

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#34 ·
If it's not leaking, they aren't going to proactively perform a tsb. It's just there to help the tech troubleshooting and knowing what to replace.

#36 ·
My water pump replacement was covered under power train warranty. Had never been to the dealer since day of my purchase, got charged a little extra cuz of supercharger components. But they were more curious about the vehicle and all my mods lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#41 ·
Unless I missed something, OP never said his water pump was leaking!:confused::facepalm:

#44 · (Edited)
#47 ·
2005-14 Mustang driver's airbag inflators are affected.

#52 ·
It really is a no brainer to replace that hose. If you look at where it is located it is obvious that it could suck air from the tank and direct it right into the water pump. The backflow valve stops that. How Ford could have made car for 5 years and not realized that is a mystery to me. I did mine a year ago and no pump leaks yet at 40,000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.