Headlight Choices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Headlight Choices

I have the base halogens that come with the 2012. Wondering what options I have? I'm not a huge fan of the Raxiom halos. I prefer a more stock look but maybe an HID or LED bright white. I'll be adding fogs also, maybe the Raxiom kit so compatibility with them would be appreciated. Suggestions?
Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Stock take off HIDs if you want HIDs. If not then a Philips Xtreme Power bulb and call it good. Do not put HIDs in halogen housings.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Are HIDs preferred over LEDs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

I honestly think its all blown out of proportion because a good halogen is plenty bright. But if you do go HID you need to install a correct HID projector or you'll scatter light all over the place and blind oncoming traffic.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I kept the stock headlights on mine with a tint applied from LMR and UltraStar light bulbs. Still plenty enough bright through the tint to drive while at night. I wanted to blackout look on my headlights without spending too much. I was going to go with LED headlights but the kits and bulbs are all about over $100 while I got the UltraStar lights from Walmart for $30 with an online price match. Maybe one day I will upgrade to LED lights but these are plenty bright as of now.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I know the HID takeoffs are pretty damn expensive. 3-400 per headlight.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
I kept the stock headlights on mine with a tint applied from LMR and UltraStar light bulbs. Still plenty enough bright through the tint to drive while at night. I wanted to blackout look on my headlights without spending too much. I was going to go with LED headlights but the kits and bulbs are all about over $100 while I got the UltraStar lights from Walmart for $30 with an online price match. Maybe one day I will upgrade to LED lights but these are plenty bright as of now.

Are the ultra stars white? I'm really just trying to get away from the yellow light.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickmullet View Post
I know the HID takeoffs are pretty damn expensive. 3-400 per headlight.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Are the ultra stars white? I'm really just trying to get away from the yellow light.
Yeah they were pretty white before I put the tint on. Probably not as white as HID or Led lights but certainly a lot cheaper of an option if money is an issue.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Be aware that almost all "white" lights are accomplished by a blue film over the bulb. While this looks brighter, it actually decreases overall output and its harder to see things further out than with a good OEM.

There are a few exceptions to this, the Xtreme Power Philips bulbs are somewhat in the middle of white and yellow and have a very good overall lumen output.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang