ugh, first ever accident tonight. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
ugh, first ever accident tonight.

nobody hurt, nothing too bad, but I'm still glad I had the cops come and do a report. basically, I'm in right lane, woman left of me decides she wants to get over. somehow doesn't see me whatsoever and merges into me. luckily I honked, and i was able to swerve a tiny bit without going up the curb, but she tapped right above my rear drivers side wheel... meaning like a good 3/4ths of my car was in her plain view. it was night, but absolutely no excuse. I yell to her to pull over, point to the side of the road, we both turn down a side street and i pull over... and she drives slowly right by me! doesn't even stop! I'm like really!? I put it back in gear, get behind her and i'm screaming out the window "pull over!! you hit me!!! pull to the side!!" so she finally does.. and i get out to take pics and she's yelling "i didn't hit you!" over and over, while I'm going "yes, you clearly did! come look! get out and come look at where you hit me!" and she kept saying it, so since she drove off once before I figured she might again... luckily got her license plate, but at that point she must have seen me taking millions of pics so she screamed "im calling the cops!" to which I relied "please do!" waited, cops came. luckily I looked and the damage isn't really bad.. or there at all. seems like a scuff from her just tapping me. I don't care though, I play by the book when it comes to this stuff, so cops came and we got an accident report. it'll be reported to insurance, but if i can completely buff it out (which I think i may easily be able to..) i don't think I'll file a claim, seeing as there won't be any true bad damage. tomorrow when it's bright out I'll go look and inspect and i'm hoping all is well and I can just use some detailer and buff it out. but yeah, pretty annoying. ruined my weekend. I try and try to keep this car looking good, and crap like this happens. here's one of the pics I took when out there. ugh. my first "accident" too in over 13 years of driving. sorry guys, just had to vent. it could have been much worse but luckily it wasn't. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1461477979296.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	200198

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2016, 01:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Hope it buffs out!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man. as you can see in the second pic I quickly ran my finger through it and most of it smudged away.. hopefully it was just a scuff from that tap. I honestly didn't hear anything but I knew she was too close that she had to have tapped me.. so i definitely pulled over.

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2016, 01:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
What a Turd. Honestly, what a terrible human being.

I would've offered to settle without insurance, just ask for some cash knowing that it'll buff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

honestly, as I was taking pics she was calling the cops, so no matter what they were coming. I didn't touch it to even attempt to wipe it off until later on because I wanted the cops to see exactly where she hit me you know?

Old 04-24-2016, 08:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What a bitc#!
You did the right thing!

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man. i agree; i don't care if it's something small that will buff out, and i'm going outside to check it out now. if it's nothing, i'm happy, i'll just alert my insurance company that something happened but i won't be filing a claim because there's no real damage, but i wanted this on record..you never know,w hat if she came out of the woodwork weeks later claiming i hit her or something and damaged her, ya know? not sure if you can do that since i've never dealt with this, but i was taking absolutely no chances. i don't think my rate would go up or anything, especially since i've got a great insurance company here in NJ, so I think it'll all be ok. i'll take some pics in the daylight now
Old 04-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

ok so i just looked. no damage, no dents, nothing. i used some detailer around the area to shine it up, and it looks ok. if you look at a very certain angle and very closely, you can see a small rub mark that's like, almost as black as the paint..which i can probably wax out or something. maybe it's permanent, who knows, but i can't get it on camera at all, so even if an adjuster came out, he'd probably say the same thing: that he can't even see it. either way, luckily no damage here, but it's clear that she obviously hit me.

i'll call my insurance company tomorrow and tell them the whole situation, including the fact that yes there's proof she hit me bc you can see that scuff mark, but even running my fingernail over it, it's not a scratch or anything, so i can maybe buff it out. i'll let them decide what to do, but i'll explain i'm not looking to file a claim. thankfully all is well! now to wait to get that police report; the officer heard both sides of the story, and i somewhat overheard her talking saying she did switch lanes when i was next to her, so it better state that this was her fault. nobody got tickets, so i assume they're just going to have this as some minor accident...but if i get it and there's any assumption on there that this was in any way my fault, you better believe i'll be fighting that lol. i think it's 100% time to invest in a dash cam!
Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Looking at that damage, I can understand how the woman didn't realize she even hit you.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Looking at that damage, I can understand how the woman didn't realize she even hit you.
i do agree, but she literally drifted right into my lane. the fact that she didn't even SEE me is absolutely ridiculous. i was CLEARLY right next to her and even 1/4 of the car was in front of her!!!!! either way, like i said, i didn't care, i wanted her to pull over. i washed her tonight and scrubbed it out. yeah, there's some scuff marks int here that look like just a rash pretty much but its the same color as the paint. so there's still proof she hit me.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Agree on telling insurance "for reporting purposes only." If you do fix it and it's small money, it may not be too your advantage to file a claim regardless of fault.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Any accident you walk away from with Minor Injuries to you and your car, are Good!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:33 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I had a similar one shortly after getting a new Tacoma......except mine took responsibility. I called Popo, had them file a report and went to the Toyo dealer got a full quote and she paid me the $500 or so. I buffed it out and 99% went away.

sorry but as already mentioned it could have been worse. As you know we like these cars more than we should,
Old 04-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i know mud, we're a bunch of weirdos lolol.. but yeah. I'll call insurance today and explain what happened.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
gotta add in that I learned the hard way to ALWAYS file a report even if you don't want the other person to get a ticket.

unless you are at fault........
Old 04-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Be glad the police came and wrote a report. My wife was hit by a woman who ran a red light and my wife had a protected turn signal on Christmas night. Cops would not write a report as they claimed the damage was under $1,000 (damage turned out to be $3200) and the other woman claimed my wife hit her. In the end I had to pay $1,000 out of pocket to get her car fixed.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Be glad the police came and wrote a report. My wife was hit by a woman who ran a red light and my wife had a protected turn signal on Christmas night. Cops would not write a report as they claimed the damage was under $1,000 (damage turned out to be $3200) and the other woman claimed my wife hit her. In the end I had to pay $1,000 out of pocket to get her car fixed.
That's a new one. The local cops here will always fill out a paper form and give you a copy. Near where I used to work, they'd do the same, but if you wanted a copy, you had to go to a website and pay $15. Lame.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
gotta add in that I learned the hard way to ALWAYS file a report even if you don't want the other person to get a ticket.

unless you are at fault........
I learned the hard way also before I got my mustang. Very similar situation to OP, a girl came in my lane, except she broke my passenger side mirror and scuffed up the whole side of my car. We were both in a hurry so I just got her insurance info and phone number. Never heard from her again and couldn't get her insurance to pay for the mirror and paint since she never admitted fault. I left her voicemail's until the inbox was full and I couldn't leave more. I haven't been in a wreck since then but I would get one now even if it was as minor as the OP's wreck.
cwlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Man that sucks, as for buffing it out there are a few kits out now that are just for black cars. I just used one made by Turtle Wax. It comes with 2 bottles of black cleaner/wax and black spray detailer. At first was skeptical, but after about 2+hrs of elbow grease, it really impressed as it helped remove the swirl marks on my Vert left by the previous owner. So it might help in filling/polishing out the scratches.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

It's amazing how irresponsible people can be.

This reminds me of a time when I had my old '94 Camry (the thing was a tank) and got rear ended. I was leaving my grandmother's birthday dinner and on the way there is a light with 2 lanes to go straight and 1 that is a right turn with a yield sign. I went to make a right turn and the whole way up to the sign the light was red. Naturally, I come to a complete stop when I get to the yield sign and look to the left to see if any traffic is coming. Next thing I know I get rear ended by some lady in an SUV. I put my hazards on, pull over, and get out to check the damage. Amazingly there was none except the bumper was pushed in a little bit, but it ended up popping back into place so no big deal. The lady who hits me gets out of her car and is yelling "Why the hell did you stop?!" I said "Because that's what you do when the light's red and there's a yield sign!" Then she proceeding to call me a ******bag and a slew of other things. I, of course yelled back some things and then she sped off before I could get her license plate.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

damn guys. well, i'm glad that you're helping reinforce my thoughts on having the police there, however minor this was. from what i know, the officers don't fill out reports on scene; they fill them out when they're back at the station doing their paper pushing work instead of being out on call. that's why it takes 2-3 days for us here to be able to pickup the report from the records department.

i called my insurance and they pretty much said that no matter if there's damage or not, since another cars involved, i HAVE to make the claim. i said, okay i'll do that, but since i'm not going to be looking for money to get anything fixed, what should i do? the woman said that the adjuster will have to advise me from that point forward.

so pretty much i have to get the report, then i can file the claim, then i can talk to the adjuster and see what their opinion on it all is. i hate to have him waste his time coming down to legit see nothing wrong with my car, but hey, if he wants to take a look, that's fine.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
Man that sucks, as for buffing it out there are a few kits out now that are just for black cars. I just used one made by Turtle Wax. It comes with 2 bottles of black cleaner/wax and black spray detailer. At first was skeptical, but after about 2+hrs of elbow grease, it really impressed as it helped remove the swirl marks on my Vert left by the previous owner. So it might help in filling/polishing out the scratches.
nice, i'll have to look into this. my car is full of the hairline marks bc black sucks lol
Old 04-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
If you are already going to the trouble of filing a claim you might as well get them to look at the car and insist they quote it for a cut and buff. That will prob run 2-300. Take the check and buy yourself some new wheels.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #24
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
damn guys. well, i'm glad that you're helping reinforce my thoughts on having the police there, however minor this was. from what i know, the officers don't fill out reports on scene; they fill them out when they're back at the station doing their paper pushing work instead of being out on call. that's why it takes 2-3 days for us here to be able to pickup the report from the records department.

i called my insurance and they pretty much said that no matter if there's damage or not, since another cars involved, i HAVE to make the claim. i said, okay i'll do that, but since i'm not going to be looking for money to get anything fixed, what should i do? the woman said that the adjuster will have to advise me from that point forward.

so pretty much i have to get the report, then i can file the claim, then i can talk to the adjuster and see what their opinion on it all is. i hate to have him waste his time coming down to legit see nothing wrong with my car, but hey, if he wants to take a look, that's fine.

Does your neck suddenly hurt?

Sudden back pains?

Jkjkjk

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

lolol you laugh but i did tweak my back the other day and it's killing me right now 😔😔 hahaha. but good idea Oxford. I mean, if he wants to waste time and come look, we'll see what he determines he wants to do!

Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

so good news. picked up accident report today, and it's exactly as described. they stated driver 2 (the woman) failed to change lanes properly. so that's good.

just filed with my insurance company, so i have to wait to talk to the adjuster. only then can i really explain that there's really no damage and to see what they say. i really hope this doesn't affect my policy pricing at all, bc this clearly wasn't my fault..so i assume it won't.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
so good news. picked up accident report today, and it's exactly as described. they stated driver 2 (the woman) failed to change lanes properly. so that's good.

just filed with my insurance company, so i have to wait to talk to the adjuster. only then can i really explain that there's really no damage and to see what they say. i really hope this doesn't affect my policy pricing at all, bc this clearly wasn't my fault..so i assume it won't.
I've seen cases here in Mass, that even when it's not your fault it can effect your future premiums.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:48 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I've seen cases here in Mass, that even when it's not your fault it can effect your future premiums.
Bingo. Often, you get screwed for a low-buck claim even if it's not your fault.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
Old 04-27-2016, 12:30 AM   #29

Region: Colorado
Hey I used to be an Insurance adjuster. No one ever admits fault. Everyone trys to say it's always the other guys fault. Thats the way our society has become. No one will ever take responsibility anymore. Sounds like she was a *****. What was she driving? Make sure you ck your wheel for scuff marks. The wheel could of been damaged possibly to. Hopefully in the morning it wont look worse but natural light is the best to see any and all damage. You may want to have an adjuster look at it anyway to play it safe. But go to her ins co 1st and see what happens. If they deny claim then only go to yours. However, if you go thru yours and pay deductible they may be able to recover your deductible thru the process of subrogation. That way you should not be charged with accident. But she will probably give her ins co a different version of what happened to get out of it. Wish you luck.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:10 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Now you minor wreck will be on the carfax report. Your trade in value will more than likely be hurt Maybe, i'm not 100% sure about this.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

interesting points guys! I already filed with my insurance Co and am waiting to hear from an adjuster. if my rate goes up, I'll be pretty pissed to be honest because my driving record is perfect. I have nj manufacturers and in NJ, they're easily the best company, so here's hoping for the best!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang