Great Feeling - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Great Feeling

So I've had my 2011 3.7 for about 3 months now. I've always gotten compliments that they love the red or its a nice looking car but today I got probably the biggest compliment I've gotten. Last night I put on a set of Roush Axle-backs, today while I drove by our local college the baseball team was getting ready for a road trip. As I accelerated by them I hear a lot them saying saying dang do you hear that or them talking about the power of the car. Makes the car feel so much different.
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
What power?

I kid, an exhaust and a tune really woke my Cyclone up, I had forgotten how much of a difference it when I detuned it and took everything off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
AND gears! Don't forget those!

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

One question I do have is when the windows are up and no radio it sounds like the mufflers are bouncing and hitting things on bumps. Is this normal since they're smaller than stock or did I just not tighten them enough?

I feel as though I have them tight and although I took the rear hangers off during install I also feel that I tighten those all the way.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I always get thumbs up, nice car, little four banger wanting to start exhaust note comp. it's a great feeling and meeting other mustang enthusiasts is also cool.

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
One question I do have is when the windows are up and no radio it sounds like the mufflers are bouncing and hitting things on bumps. Is this normal since they're smaller than stock or did I just not tighten them enough?

I feel as though I have them tight and although I took the rear hangers off during install I also feel that I tighten those all the way.
It's not always a tightness issue. Just gotta look under it again and check they are clearing everything. Including but not limited to: Rear Valence, Over axle pipes hitting stuff, etc. Grab the muffler tip and try to shake it. See how much play there is also.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Have you seen any damage on them? Because that kind of sounds just like the exhaust system expanding and clunking because of it, to me, at least
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
It's not always a tightness issue. Just gotta look under it again and check they are clearing everything. Including but not limited to: Rear Valence, Over axle pipes hitting stuff, etc. Grab the muffler tip and try to shake it. See how much play there is also.
If I grab the tip I can move them with force. The other thing I just kind of notice is that the tips are touching my Rear Valence, could this be that when I hit a bump they are hitting the Valence? Is there a way to lower them so there is a gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Have you seen any damage on them? Because that kind of sounds just like the exhaust system expanding and clunking because of it, to me, at least
I don't believe there is damage. This noise only happens when I hit a bump and I'm going a decent speed. If I slowly go over a bump or I'm on a road without bumps the exhaust doesn't make a sound (well other than the sound I want it to). It just sounds like hitting a bump causes it to bounce and possibly be hitting something.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #9

Region: North Carolina
No I don't think they should be doing that. I just got a set put on last Friday and mine don't make any noise other than the exhaust sound. Plus mine is lowered 1.5 inches. But I LOVE the sound of my car now with the Roush !
Jmarrow250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #10

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
If I grab the tip I can move them with force. The other thing I just kind of notice is that the tips are touching my Rear Valence, could this be that when I hit a bump they are hitting the Valence? Is there a way to lower them so there is a gap?

I don't believe there is damage. This noise only happens when I hit a bump and I'm going a decent speed. If I slowly go over a bump or I'm on a road without bumps the exhaust doesn't make a sound (well other than the sound I want it to). It just sounds like hitting a bump causes it to bounce and possibly be hitting something.
One of your hangers must not be connected
Jmarrow250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

You can loosen up the clamp and adjust it any way you want. Loosen the clamp and pull down on the tip then tighten the clamp back up
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I would move the tips, they shouldn't be touching the valence, but be somewhere in the middle of it from all directions.

The best part is you can adjust it without jacking the car up if you don't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
You can loosen up the clamp and adjust it any way you want. Loosen the clamp and pull down on the tip then tighten the clamp back up
OP - do this and you should be good. The clamp to loosen is the one that connects the axle back to the over axle pipe. Don't have to take it off all the way, just enough to allow the muffler to move. Loosen it, point the muffler down more, then re-tighten.

It is best to have a 2nd person with you so they can keep an eye on the muffler so it doesn't move when you re-tighten.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I think it was a combination of the tip touching the valence and then one of the rear hangers wasn't in the hole but through the rubber right above it. Got it all fixed now and loving it. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
So I've had my 2011 3.7 for about 3 months now. I've always gotten compliments that they love the red or its a nice looking car but today I got probably the biggest compliment I've gotten. Last night I put on a set of Roush Axle-backs, today while I drove by our local college the baseball team was getting ready for a road trip. As I accelerated by them I hear a lot them saying saying dang do you hear that or them talking about the power of the car. Makes the car feel so much different.
The only thing that would make this post better is if it was a women's beach volleyball team instead!
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
The only thing that would make this post better is if it was a women's beach volleyball team instead!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Yeah but men know cars lol some women, like my girlfriend, think the cars loud with stock mufflers because it makes more noise than her Impala.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

It really is a good feeling knowing that the work you've put into your car to make it "Yours" makes other people excited and the compliments are just that much better too.

I think the biggest compliment I've ever received in my Sixxer was one night when I took my wife to a Valero gas station so that she could pick up a drink.

I was still in my car, idling - with the MPT Ghost Cam tune and the MAC Axle Backs (Only). A dude in a red 2013 5.0 pulled up next to me and stated.

"Running covert tonight?" - Him
"What? Covert?" - Me
"Yea, I do not see any 5.0 badges, took them off?" - Him
"Ha-Ha, I wish man, Just a V6 with a tune and exhaust." - Me
"What the HELL!? How does a V6 sound like that?!" - Him
"Like I said, just a sixxer with a tune, " - Me

We went on and on about each other's car. Cool guy. What got me is he is the cashier there at the gas station.

How can you afford a 5.0 when only earning $8-9/hr. NO clue didnt ask, not my business. He could be retired for all I know. The job is to pay for gas lol.

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I put some Roush axle backs on mine and I would always get complimented a few weeks ago I put the MPT ghost cam on it and now almost everyone asked if its a 5.0 and are shocked when I tell them it's only a 6. I had to open the hood just to prove to some one I was being serious ( because apparently I would lie about that😂)

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
wmelendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
It really is a good feeling knowing that the work you've put into your car to make it "Yours" makes other people excited and the compliments are just that much better too.

I think the biggest compliment I've ever received in my Sixxer was one night when I took my wife to a Valero gas station so that she could pick up a drink.

I was still in my car, idling - with the MPT Ghost Cam tune and the MAC Axle Backs (Only). A dude in a red 2013 5.0 pulled up next to me and stated.

"Running covert tonight?" - Him
"What? Covert?" - Me
"Yea, I do not see any 5.0 badges, took them off?" - Him
"Ha-Ha, I wish man, Just a V6 with a tune and exhaust." - Me
"What the HELL!? How does a V6 sound like that?!" - Him
"Like I said, just a sixxer with a tune, " - Me

We went on and on about each other's car. Cool guy. What got me is he is the cashier there at the gas station.

How can you afford a 5.0 when only earning $8-9/hr. NO clue didnt ask, not my business. He could be retired for all I know. The job is to pay for gas lol.

Couldn't tell difference from v6 and gt? Gt bad on rear? 5.0 side badges? Way deeper exhaust note?

Smh lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Couldn't tell difference from v6 and gt? Gt bad on rear? 5.0 side badges? Way deeper exhaust note?

Smh lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs

Exactly. lol. Only people who aren't die hard mustang people get them confused.

I used to have all of the people ask me if my car has a V8. Because of the vents, sound, quickness, etc. But then the convo sometimes gets awkward when you tell them it is a V6. With an auto no less.

But no more!!!! V8 with a manual now.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. lol. Only people who aren't die hard mustang people get them confused.

I used to have all of the people ask me if my car has a V8. Because of the vents, sound, quickness, etc. But then the convo sometimes gets awkward when you tell them it is a V6. With an auto no less.

But no more!!!! V8 with a manual now.

I would expect a person who owns anything else other than a mustang not to know the difference between a v6 and gt. Heck, even now, I have to remember for the 15's, running pony only = turbo 4, running pony w/ stripes = v6. LOL.
Camaro = RS/SS, I guess the Challenger is the one I am not familiar with as far as distinguishing engine sizes. Just yesterday got next to a challenger, didn't think nothing of it, but he went WOT and right away knew, big ol' v8. LOL.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
I would expect a person who owns anything else other than a mustang not to know the difference between a v6 and gt. Heck, even now, I have to remember for the 15's, running pony only = turbo 4, running pony w/ stripes = v6. LOL.
Camaro = RS/SS, I guess the Challenger is the one I am not familiar with as far as distinguishing engine sizes. Just yesterday got next to a challenger, didn't think nothing of it, but he went WOT and right away knew, big ol' v8. LOL.
Same thing for me as far as the Dodges. I don't particularly have any desire to ever own or drive one. Wife had an 09' Caliber and 12' Avenger. Her uncle has a 14' Challenger. Not my cup of tea.

Yea it is easy to tell the newer GTs from the rest of the pack. They should have put the hood vents on the EcoStangs. If I ever did have the I4, a hood swap would be on the top of my to-do list. lol

I believe there was actually a recall or TSB on the ecoboosts because the underhood temp would get crazy. Hmm...wonder why...

Old 04-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
You want to eat their brains?
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang