Great Feeling - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerbickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Junta
Region: Colorado
Posts: 274
Great Feeling

So I've had my 2011 3.7 for about 3 months now. I've always gotten compliments that they love the red or its a nice looking car but today I got probably the biggest compliment I've gotten. Last night I put on a set of Roush Axle-backs, today while I drove by our local college the baseball team was getting ready for a road trip. As I accelerated by them I hear a lot them saying saying dang do you hear that or them talking about the power of the car. Makes the car feel so much different.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Roush Axle Back Exhaust, GT500 Steering Wheel, GROM Audio Bluetooth Module, Raxiom Aero Smoked Tail lights, Raxiom GPS
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
What power?

I kid, an exhaust and a tune really woke my Cyclone up, I had forgotten how much of a difference it when I detuned it and took everything off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
AND gears! Don't forget those!
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerbickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Junta
Region: Colorado
Posts: 274
One question I do have is when the windows are up and no radio it sounds like the mufflers are bouncing and hitting things on bumps. Is this normal since they're smaller than stock or did I just not tighten them enough?

I feel as though I have them tight and although I took the rear hangers off during install I also feel that I tighten those all the way.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
I always get thumbs up, nice car, little four banger wanting to start exhaust note comp. it's a great feeling and meeting other mustang enthusiasts is also cool.



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
One question I do have is when the windows are up and no radio it sounds like the mufflers are bouncing and hitting things on bumps. Is this normal since they're smaller than stock or did I just not tighten them enough?

I feel as though I have them tight and although I took the rear hangers off during install I also feel that I tighten those all the way.
It's not always a tightness issue. Just gotta look under it again and check they are clearing everything. Including but not limited to: Rear Valence, Over axle pipes hitting stuff, etc. Grab the muffler tip and try to shake it. See how much play there is also.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
One question I do have is when the windows are up and no radio it sounds like the mufflers are bouncing and hitting things on bumps. Is this normal since they're smaller than stock or did I just not tighten them enough?

I feel as though I have them tight and although I took the rear hangers off during install I also feel that I tighten those all the way.
Have you seen any damage on them? Because that kind of sounds just like the exhaust system expanding and clunking because of it, to me, at least
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerbickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Junta
Region: Colorado
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
It's not always a tightness issue. Just gotta look under it again and check they are clearing everything. Including but not limited to: Rear Valence, Over axle pipes hitting stuff, etc. Grab the muffler tip and try to shake it. See how much play there is also.
If I grab the tip I can move them with force. The other thing I just kind of notice is that the tips are touching my Rear Valence, could this be that when I hit a bump they are hitting the Valence? Is there a way to lower them so there is a gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Have you seen any damage on them? Because that kind of sounds just like the exhaust system expanding and clunking because of it, to me, at least
I don't believe there is damage. This noise only happens when I hit a bump and I'm going a decent speed. If I slowly go over a bump or I'm on a road without bumps the exhaust doesn't make a sound (well other than the sound I want it to). It just sounds like hitting a bump causes it to bounce and possibly be hitting something.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greensboro
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 7
No I don't think they should be doing that. I just got a set put on last Friday and mine don't make any noise other than the exhaust sound. Plus mine is lowered 1.5 inches. But I LOVE the sound of my car now with the Roush !
Jmarrow250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greensboro
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
If I grab the tip I can move them with force. The other thing I just kind of notice is that the tips are touching my Rear Valence, could this be that when I hit a bump they are hitting the Valence? Is there a way to lower them so there is a gap?



I don't believe there is damage. This noise only happens when I hit a bump and I'm going a decent speed. If I slowly go over a bump or I'm on a road without bumps the exhaust doesn't make a sound (well other than the sound I want it to). It just sounds like hitting a bump causes it to bounce and possibly be hitting something.
One of your hangers must not be connected
Jmarrow250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,005
You can loosen up the clamp and adjust it any way you want. Loosen the clamp and pull down on the tip then tighten the clamp back up
__________________
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
I would move the tips, they shouldn't be touching the valence, but be somewhere in the middle of it from all directions.

The best part is you can adjust it without jacking the car up if you don't have one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
You can loosen up the clamp and adjust it any way you want. Loosen the clamp and pull down on the tip then tighten the clamp back up
OP - do this and you should be good. The clamp to loosen is the one that connects the axle back to the over axle pipe. Don't have to take it off all the way, just enough to allow the muffler to move. Loosen it, point the muffler down more, then re-tighten.

It is best to have a 2nd person with you so they can keep an eye on the muffler so it doesn't move when you re-tighten.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerbickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Junta
Region: Colorado
Posts: 274
I think it was a combination of the tip touching the valence and then one of the rear hangers wasn't in the hole but through the rubber right above it. Got it all fixed now and loving it. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Roush Axle Back Exhaust, GT500 Steering Wheel, GROM Audio Bluetooth Module, Raxiom Aero Smoked Tail lights, Raxiom GPS
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular
 
tym_v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Suck it, Goodell
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
So I've had my 2011 3.7 for about 3 months now. I've always gotten compliments that they love the red or its a nice looking car but today I got probably the biggest compliment I've gotten. Last night I put on a set of Roush Axle-backs, today while I drove by our local college the baseball team was getting ready for a road trip. As I accelerated by them I hear a lot them saying saying dang do you hear that or them talking about the power of the car. Makes the car feel so much different.
The only thing that would make this post better is if it was a women's beach volleyball team instead!
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
The only thing that would make this post better is if it was a women's beach volleyball team instead!
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerbickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Junta
Region: Colorado
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
The only thing that would make this post better is if it was a women's beach volleyball team instead!
Yeah but men know cars lol some women, like my girlfriend, think the cars loud with stock mufflers because it makes more noise than her Impala.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
3.7Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 544
It really is a good feeling knowing that the work you've put into your car to make it "Yours" makes other people excited and the compliments are just that much better too.

I think the biggest compliment I've ever received in my Sixxer was one night when I took my wife to a Valero gas station so that she could pick up a drink.

I was still in my car, idling - with the MPT Ghost Cam tune and the MAC Axle Backs (Only). A dude in a red 2013 5.0 pulled up next to me and stated.

"Running covert tonight?" - Him
"What? Covert?" - Me
"Yea, I do not see any 5.0 badges, took them off?" - Him
"Ha-Ha, I wish man, Just a V6 with a tune and exhaust." - Me
"What the HELL!? How does a V6 sound like that?!" - Him
"Like I said, just a sixxer with a tune, " - Me

We went on and on about each other's car. Cool guy. What got me is he is the cashier there at the gas station.

How can you afford a 5.0 when only earning $8-9/hr. NO clue didnt ask, not my business. He could be retired for all I know. The job is to pay for gas lol.
__________________
See my Baby Here

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deltona
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
I put some Roush axle backs on mine and I would always get complimented a few weeks ago I put the MPT ghost cam on it and now almost everyone asked if its a 5.0 and are shocked when I tell them it's only a 6. I had to open the hood just to prove to some one I was being serious ( because apparently I would lie about that😂)


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
wmelendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
It really is a good feeling knowing that the work you've put into your car to make it "Yours" makes other people excited and the compliments are just that much better too.

I think the biggest compliment I've ever received in my Sixxer was one night when I took my wife to a Valero gas station so that she could pick up a drink.

I was still in my car, idling - with the MPT Ghost Cam tune and the MAC Axle Backs (Only). A dude in a red 2013 5.0 pulled up next to me and stated.

"Running covert tonight?" - Him
"What? Covert?" - Me
"Yea, I do not see any 5.0 badges, took them off?" - Him
"Ha-Ha, I wish man, Just a V6 with a tune and exhaust." - Me
"What the HELL!? How does a V6 sound like that?!" - Him
"Like I said, just a sixxer with a tune, " - Me

We went on and on about each other's car. Cool guy. What got me is he is the cashier there at the gas station.

How can you afford a 5.0 when only earning $8-9/hr. NO clue didnt ask, not my business. He could be retired for all I know. The job is to pay for gas lol.

Couldn't tell difference from v6 and gt? Gt bad on rear? 5.0 side badges? Way deeper exhaust note?

Smh lol



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Couldn't tell difference from v6 and gt? Gt bad on rear? 5.0 side badges? Way deeper exhaust note?

Smh lol



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Exactly. lol. Only people who aren't die hard mustang people get them confused.

I used to have all of the people ask me if my car has a V8. Because of the vents, sound, quickness, etc. But then the convo sometimes gets awkward when you tell them it is a V6. With an auto no less.

But no more!!!! V8 with a manual now.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Exactly. lol. Only people who aren't die hard mustang people get them confused.

I used to have all of the people ask me if my car has a V8. Because of the vents, sound, quickness, etc. But then the convo sometimes gets awkward when you tell them it is a V6. With an auto no less.

But no more!!!! V8 with a manual now.

I would expect a person who owns anything else other than a mustang not to know the difference between a v6 and gt. Heck, even now, I have to remember for the 15's, running pony only = turbo 4, running pony w/ stripes = v6. LOL.
Camaro = RS/SS, I guess the Challenger is the one I am not familiar with as far as distinguishing engine sizes. Just yesterday got next to a challenger, didn't think nothing of it, but he went WOT and right away knew, big ol' v8. LOL.
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
I would expect a person who owns anything else other than a mustang not to know the difference between a v6 and gt. Heck, even now, I have to remember for the 15's, running pony only = turbo 4, running pony w/ stripes = v6. LOL.
Camaro = RS/SS, I guess the Challenger is the one I am not familiar with as far as distinguishing engine sizes. Just yesterday got next to a challenger, didn't think nothing of it, but he went WOT and right away knew, big ol' v8. LOL.
Same thing for me as far as the Dodges. I don't particularly have any desire to ever own or drive one. Wife had an 09' Caliber and 12' Avenger. Her uncle has a 14' Challenger. Not my cup of tea.

Yea it is easy to tell the newer GTs from the rest of the pack. They should have put the hood vents on the EcoStangs. If I ever did have the I4, a hood swap would be on the top of my to-do list. lol

I believe there was actually a recall or TSB on the ecoboosts because the underhood temp would get crazy. Hmm...wonder why...
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular
 
tym_v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Suck it, Goodell
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
You want to eat their brains?
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clutch Feeling Sponge-like 19Delta Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 04-14-2009 02:07 PM
Feeling it... MarkuzLS1 The Bar 10 10-15-2007 10:30 AM
Are you feeling depressed and feel like you have no life? Seph The Bar 30 11-01-2006 01:21 PM
V8 feeling strike1980 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 05-19-2006 07:22 PM
Great! Abosolutley Great! Domestic vs Import el cheapo Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 18 07-30-2003 12:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.