Installed airaid modular intake tube; what's best way to attach sound tube? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Installed airaid modular intake tube; what's best way to attach sound tube?

so today i installed my airaid modular intake tube thanks to kev selling me his old one at an awesome price! to be honest, i actually DO feel more sensitive throttle response, which is pretty cool! plus, it looks so much better.

so, here's the thing. i've got a manual, so i plug up the second hole which is for the brake booster for autos. now, i've also got a sound tube that i wanna hook up! my old idea was to use the stock intake tube, cut a hole, and glue in the end of the tube. however, now with my new piece, i don't want to cut any holes in it.

i can use this existing hole, but the diameter of the hole itself is so much smaller than the sound tube, so my plan is to maybe use some radiator hose and somehow hook it in there, and then use some different PVC pieces to go from small diameter of the intake tube to big diameter of the sound tube and hook it up.

problem is the tubes also kinda long, as seen here:

so the tube is much longer. what's the best way to get it shrunken down? i really would rather not cut it. i mean, i guess i can kind of wrap it around in there with zipties and stuff, but i'm not sure what the best way to do this is.

has anyone with one of these modular intake tubes installed a sound tube on theirs?! please come in this thread lol need some advice!

thanks!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I bought a modified sound tube from Vig last year. He cut the hole in the air filter box and epoxied in a fitting that hooked to the sound tube. I am not sure what the sound difference is with this method as opposed to putting in in off the air intake tube, but it seems to work. If you do a Google search, there is some installation instructions and a video from a guy who put the V8 sound tube in his V6. The installation points are the same as the V8 Mustang. This is the stock set up, but should be similar to the Air Raid intake tube.
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Have you driven it since the CAI, it makes pretty good noise without the sound tube.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
yeah, i don't hear any difference. i put in the afe pro dry s filter a year ago, and when i did that, i got some more woosh sound when giving it gas. i put the airaid on and i thought i'd get more woosh sound since it's eliminating that muffler box on the intake tube from stock, but no, it sounds exactly the same. i'm not looking to get an open CAI simply bc after research, they're a waste of money for potential decreases in performance, so i'm keeping my stock closed box.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang