Relocating Back up Camera - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Relocating Back up Camera

Ok I would like to change the spoiler on my 2014. I like the GT 500 spoiler. I really like the back up camera that's currently in the factory spoiler. Any suggestions on moving this camera to another location ? Any chance I can mount it it the 500 spoiler ? Would like any feedback on this. Anyone been down this road already?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Ok I would like to change the spoiler on my 2014. I like the GT 500 spoiler. I really like the back up camera that's currently in the factory spoiler. Any suggestions on moving this camera to another location ? Any chance I can mount it it the 500 spoiler ? Would like any feedback on this. Anyone been down this road already?

Your 2014 has a backup camera in the spoiler? I wish mine did.

I added one below the license plate. If you decide to get rid of your old one PM me...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the same one on my 2012 MCA and I was wondering the same thing. I'll keep watching this one to find out

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...0-spoiler.html

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've seen some mustangs with the camera in the spoiler like yours but they didn't have a screen inside so I didn't get where to watch the backup camera. But move it to the license plate
5oh.its.not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, The screen for watching the rear on mine is in the left side of the rear view mirror. I have gotten use to it.,I'm not crazy about mounting in the faux gas cap because of the tri bar pony. I do think I can mount it in the bumper just above the license tag. I'll just keep reading for now. Getting some good ideas.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Rear camera

Hi, I,ve researched this topic for quite a while. These cameras should be standard equipment in all cars. Go to alibaba.com. Look what they sell for to the car makers! They are dirt cheap. I own a 2011 coupe, as you know what a nightmare no visibility what so ever. I bought a take off spoiler for a 2012. This would fit my car with a little work. But before drilling I called Ford dealers for part #s wiring,camera, etc. If you have navi. There are kits to view through the navi this is pricy. Then buy number plate or camera that you drill a hole above lic. Plate. Get RCA plug wires that run under the carpets all the way to the rear of your radio. You can see this on utube Good luck Ed.
goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Update, Found a camera bracket that mounts in the top licenses plate bolt holes on Amazon. Going to order one and ck it out . Thanks for all the ideas. Still working on it. Still interested in all responses. Thanks

Old 05-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
They sell tons of that type of camera on lic. Plate. I forgot what camera is the best! One is coms, or cosm. I forgot what the letters mean. So Google or go to utube. Your looking for nite vision,weather proof,angle,and on some they even rate like g force. The prices are all over the map,you'll have a camera for say $50. But the person paid $5 to $10. For it. Like everything else everyone to make top buck for crap,you know the American way! Good hunting I hope this helps you out!
goman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang