Procharger - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I think the other factor for some people, they've owned the 3.7 since new. They know the service history, etc vs buying an unknown in a used 5.0. What's to say the previous owner didn't beat the ever living piss out of it, because that's what I just assume about any used mustang or camaro.
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Uhh...your not procharged and it had nothing to do with you. I was curious and again I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just wanted to know if there was something special about f/I on a v6!that I didn't know about.

If I were talking about stickers or visual only lca mods, then it would be about you. Otherwise...relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
If you have to ask if something is special about F.I. then clearly I made my point, you are clueless! Thats like asking what's special about F.I. on a V8?

Besides, my stickers makes my 3.7 make it much faster. Love the stickers!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I purchased my car new in February 2014. Base manual trans V6 for $18,900 plus tt&l. The same optioned Gt was $28,500. So I took the six banger I have always owned Gt's and have no regrets with the 3.7 my car gets great mpgs and is extremely fun to drive. Since I put the 19" Gt wheels on my car I get asked if its a gt all of the time. Nope just a sixer lol
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
I think the other factor for some people, they've owned the 3.7 since new. They know the service history, etc vs buying an unknown in a used 5.0. What's to say the previous owner didn't beat the ever living piss out of it, because that's what I just assume about any used mustang or camaro.
That's why you buy a low mileage car, in my case the previous owner was even an older gentleman and kept it as a garage queen.

I assume any car was beaten though, especially those with high miles. I've seen multiple people in Camrys and base Focuses play speed racer.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Can I ask an honest question? And i am not trying to be jerk, I'm just curious.

Are there benefits to going a procharged v6 route vs buying a stock 5.0? It seems like a 5.0 would be a better and more reliable option.

Or do people start out with a v6 and quickly realize they should have went a different route and end up having to supercharge to be satisfied.

Again...not judging. Just curious.

modding a car is never logical. There same question can be asked of people who buy 05-10 GTs and supercharge them or a handful of other cars. You'll get s handful on answers from people but at the end people mod their cars as they want and not always in the most logical or cost effective manner. Which makes it good bc it would be boring if you went to car shows and everyone had the same car and same mods.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
That's why you buy a low mileage car, in my case the previous owner was even an older gentleman and kept it as a garage queen.

I assume any car was beaten though, especially those with high miles. I've seen multiple people in Camrys and base Focuses play speed racer.
Mine was the same case. 2 yr old sixxer with 9k miles in mint condition (literally not a single scratch inside or out) and completely loaded. Got it for 22,500 and the sticker new was 32750. So it was a like new loaded sixxer or a high mile worked hard v8 that would have been a 2011 at best.

Easy choice for me and this way I can save for the PC and if something comes up before then I wont be strapped. Also I pay $43 a month for complete coverage, so theres that.

Ive parked next to many of GT and my Stang looks much nicer.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not trying to troll. Just curious. But clearly I pressed a hot button because all the entire v6 crew came out of the woodwork.

All I'm saying is that brand new...comparing a new v6 and adding the procharger cost and accompanying mods vs a new base gt, there is basically no difference in price.

A hot button. Ha ha ha. What's the hot button? If you have to seriously ask what's special about F.I. on a car, you are clueless about performance.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #43
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
And you've been proved wrong. The troll homage... "Im just curious". Lol

Maybe instead of pestering us you should call Ford and tell them to quit making sixxers, because we can't fix stupid.

Proved wrong huh? Ok let's see...

Base 2016 mustang v6 is 24,000
Procharger 6,000
Install 1,000

That's 31k right there and you get 2.73 gears, cloth seats and some god awful tires and a suspension that can't come close to handling the power. You would need another 6k in mods to make the procharger even worth it. And you also get zero warranty.

Vs...

2016 base mustang gt 32,000

How am I wrong again? I understand that people are buying used v6 mustangs, but you can also buy used 11-4 GT's which would put the cost well below what what you would pay for a used v6 and procharger set up.

The insurance thing is laughable. Insurance isn't much more for a gt. I think mine went up $10 a month.

I'm surprised gas mileage hasn't come up yet. Either way...I'm not trolling, and you guys are way too sensitive, which demonstrates what I though all along. Some of you made bad decisions and are bitter about. Or at least that's how I perceive it.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #44
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
A hot button. Ha ha ha. What's the hot button? If you have to seriously ask what's special about F.I. on a car, you are clueless about performance.

Just a near stock 3.7

Uh....ok. I've driven a f/I v6 and it was in no way better than a current gt. It only feels great above 4,000 rpm, and even then...it just feels like a gt at that rpm. Below 4K it feels like a stock v6. That's just my impression after driving a procharged v6.

I like how you act like you know anything about performance. You lca's and stock bushings. First person I've seen to complete a visual mod with lca's.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, nope and nope. I already explained why I bought it, but again, I can't fix stupid so I'm not going to reiterate for you.

I have magnaflow axle backs, a foose rear lower valance, and an MMT hood scoop. I got an SCT tuner to fix the crappy Ford factory tune. And I get compliments and thumbs ups thrown my way daily.

Also, look up on auto trader at 2014 Mustang GTs vs Sixxers. If you look at the lowest miles first, the ave low mile GT goes for around $32k, while the ave low mile Sixxer goes for around $18k. Do you need a pencil and paper, or do you count on your fingers?

Lastly, I would take my Mustang with a professionally installed PC vs the same year bone stock GT any day, and twice on Sunday... Best of both world, baby

Old 05-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Procharger

That's a pretty car, Hawk.

Respect the classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
That's a pretty car, Hawk.

Respect the classics.
Thanks Recon. I take a ton of pride in my Mustang no matter whats under the hood. I like all Mustangs but for me I wanted loaded and the CoA package, with the option to add GT power down the road. No regrets here!
Old 05-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Easy choice for me and this way I can save for the PC and if something comes up before then I wont be strapped. Also I pay $43 a month for complete coverage, so theres that.

Ive parked next to many of GT and my Stang looks much nicer.
$43? Are you on your parents insurance?

Old 05-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Not trying to troll. Just curious. But clearly I pressed a hot button because all the entire v6 crew came out of the woodwork.

All I'm saying is that brand new...comparing a new v6 and adding the procharger cost and accompanying mods vs a new base gt, there is basically no difference in price.

Why would anyone buy a new car when you can buy used and save a ton? Same logic applies that it may not bc the most financially cost effective route but people mod their cars as they want and spend their money as they want.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Kona, I think I figured it out... Mayor McTurd got his azz whooped by a charged sixxer. You were right, the butt hurt wound is taking a while to heal. lol

Odds are that when turd got smoked, he realized HE bought the wrong car and can't afford to mod his expensive GT. Sniff, sniff... guess I'll let him bug us, he's obviously in pain still.
Ha ha ha. Did you know that when driving a GT under 4000k rpms our V6 feels the same when under 4000k rpm's. When a Gt is traveling 75 mph and a V6 is traveling 75 mph they both are going the same speed and feel the same. Did you know that Hawk? 😉

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$43? Are you on your parents insurance?
Lol no. Im 43 with a clean record. Benefits of being responsible.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol no. Im 43 with a clean record. Benefits of being responsible.
That's one benefit of being old that I look forward to.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462734962.739793.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	200744
Enough said... And moving on lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ha ha ha. Did you know that when driving a GT under 4000k rpms our V6 feels the same when under 4000k rpm's. When a Gt is traveling 75 mph and a V6 is traveling 75 mph they both are going the same speed and feel the same. Did you know that Hawk? 😉

Just a near stock 3.7
Come on, man. We are suppose to be bitter... Remember??
Old 05-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just curious, if this thread was in the 05-09 GT forum, no one would even bat an eye, but because it's in the 11-14 v6 section it's why didn't you buy a 5.0. Never mind that the 4.6 isnt any faster than the 3.7 with the exception of the '10 (marginally) and the older termis which will still give anything under the hood of a mustang a run for its money.

I think ultimately the answer is, people mod the 3.7 because it meets their needs, they have the money, and enjoy modding cars. There's always going to be someone faster.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:31 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's one benefit of being old that I look forward to.
Ouch. Lol Im not old yet... But getting there!
Old 05-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ouch. Lol Im not old yet... But getting there!
Does your body make cracking noises when you get out of bed? Don't lie!

Old 05-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does your body make cracking noises when you get out of bed? Don't lie!
Ask your mom.

Jk!!! Couldnt resist!

Body aint what it used to be but it's also been through two 5-month rounds of chemo. But give me 60 secs of rage and I can still hold my own. Lol

Truth is the 40s are pretty sweet. You can afford nice toys and still go out and fire it up now and then. Just not two nights in a row!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #59
Road Trip!
Regular

Procharger

Quote:
Hey Kona, I think I figured it out... Mayor McTurd got his azz whooped by a charged sixxer. You were right, the butt hurt wound is taking a while to heal. lol

Odds are that when turd got smoked, he realized HE bought the wrong car and can't afford to mod his expensive GT. Sniff, sniff... guess I'll let him bug us, he's obviously in pain still.

Bro...I don't have a gt first of all. I have a procharged 2015 Z51 Corvette, and a 2014 GT500.

Second of all....my girlfriend just purchased a used 2012 gt for 22k. There are deals out there if your not lazy enough to look.

But yeah...a procharged v6 ain't smoking anything I got... Sorry.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #60
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

You don't even understand what I'm talking about because you've never experienced it. There's no torque like a gt, even in f/I applications. It feels lame as hell especially under 4K. You really do have no clue what your talking about.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Attachment 200744
Enough said... And moving on lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Instagram: @Alpha3.7
Billymccrary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't even understand what I'm talking about because you've never experienced it. There's no torque like a gt, even in f/I applications. It feels lame as hell especially under 4K. You really do have no clue what your talking about.

So you're saying a turbo set up doesn't have torque? You're telling me a nitrous set up doesn't have huge torque gains? Watch you're next set of words because you said even in F.I. applications.

The lack of torque in a SC set up can easily be assisted in installing shorter gears, MC turd boy. So again you said F.I. applications lack torque! You're words! So you're telling us a Turbo or nitrous set up lacks torque? That's an F.I. application!

Keep looking more stupid!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #63
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
How did I know youd find the cheapest one online. Lol You can argue with stupid. Lol
Like I said....there are plenty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462743475.172578.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	200748

Old 05-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #64
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
So you're saying a turbo set up doesn't have torque? You're telling me a nitrous set up doesn't have huge torque gains? Watch you're next set of words because you said even in F.I. applications.

The lack of torque in a SC set up can easily be assisted in installing shorter gears, MC turd boy. So again you said F.I. applications lack torque! You're words! So you're telling us a Turbo or nitrous set up lacks torque? That's an F.I. application!

Keep looking more stupid!

Just a near stock 3.7

Gears don't add torque.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gears don't add torque.

Their a torque multiplier putz. Its a way to cheat and make a car move faster. Are you sure you know anything about performance on cars?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #66
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
You said F.I applications lack torque putz. Turbo is a form of F.I. and boost.

Just a near stock 3.7

And yeah. A turbo set up would lack torque below 4K as well. Ever her of turbo lag?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Read what you wrote putz. You said "There's no torque like a gt , even in F/I application"

So you agree that a turbo set up is F/I application so does that lack torque too?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Bro...I don't have a gt first of all. I have a procharged 2015 Z51 Corvette, and a 2014 GT500.

Second of all....my girlfriend just purchased a used 2012 gt for 22k. There are deals out there if your not lazy enough to look.

But yeah...a procharged v6 ain't smoking anything I got... Sorry.

What's your vette put down?

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #69
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Read what you wrote puts. You said "There's no torque like a gt , even in F/I application"

So you agree that a turbo set up is F/I application so does that lack torque too?

Just a near stock 3.7

Yep especially under 4K.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep especially under 4K.

Just a near stock 3.7

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang