Procharger - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Explains a lot. Must mean I'm double. 😱


Respect the classics.
You have a 4.6 correct?

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #107
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Procharger

2.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
2.


Respect the classics.
Well, I guess you were crazy as hell to modify your 4.6's. Not my words but others here. 👍

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Explains a lot. Must mean I'm double.


Respect the classics.
You said it, not me.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:20 PM   #110
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Procharger

No worries. 👍
Doesn't change my thoughts on mine; I'd choose them again, if given the option.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
No worries. 👍
Doesn't change my thoughts on mine; I'd choose them again, if given the option.


Respect the classics.
Just curious bro. Why do 4.6 owners modify them with performance mods? Why do all those 4.6 owners put blowers on their cars?



Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #112
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Procharger

To go faster I guess. I want them is my reasoning. One is getting built top end and the other is getting another engine.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
To go faster I guess. I want them is my reasoning. One is getting built top end and the other is getting another engine.


Respect the classics.
Of course bro. To go faster. Exactly! But you could of bought a 5.0

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #114
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Happy with my two. Don't need a Coyote.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Happy with my two. Don't need a Coyote.


Respect the classics.
Amen bro. And so are is 3.7 owners. But clearly I can see the 4.6 owners are in the same boat with the 5.0 owners. No point in modding unless you have 5.0 or higher. SMH!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #116
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Procharger

Well I like my body style more too.
It's worth noting that a Coyote swap is Plan B for my Roush if I can't get the short block I want.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Unsubscribe*



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:33 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Yeah i get it. I feel like I was respectful about asking and I never initially said that people should or shouldn't get a v6. I simply wanted to know why people choose the v6 procharged route vs a gt. It personally didn't make sense to me, so I wanted to see what others point of view were.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Simple answer it's cheaper, which is very logical.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #119
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Buying a loaded V6, 3.7 and modifying it with performance mods to hell is just crazy to you! What's your thought on people buying loaded 4.6's and modifying them to hell! Is that just crazy as hell too?

Why do people buy 4.6 V8's and modify the hell out of them? Majority of the 4.6's are slower than the 3.7 V6's and the 10 GT is near identical performance.

So based on your logic, performance modifying the 4.6 is crazy as hell too!

Just a near stock 3.7

Modding a 4.6 is crazy as well. But...I can understand if the 4.6 was within their budget or if they had the car before the 5.0 came out. My point is a loaded v6 is to close to a 5.0 price point to not get a 5.0.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:01 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Modding a 4.6 is crazy as well. But...I can understand if the 4.6 was within their budget or if they had the car before the 5.0 came out. My point is a loaded v6 is to close to a 5.0 price point to not get a 5.0.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'm going to assume you mean a loaded 3.7 is close in price to a base model 5.0? Is that what you are pointing out? Because a loaded 5.0 is not close in price to a loaded 3.7?

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:26 AM   #121
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm going to assume you mean a loaded 3.7 is close in price to a base model 5.0? Is that what you are pointing out? Because a loaded 5.0 is not close in price to a loaded 3.7?

Just a near stock 3.7

Yes. That's what I mean. Although if your buying used, a loaded 5.0 can be within a couple thousand of s loaded used gt.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:39 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
This thread is a great laugh. It's a scalable argument across all platforms.

Basically this thread has derailed to, if you could only afford a 4.6 mod away. If you for whatever reason bought a 3.7 you should just immediately trade it in for a 5.0 if you're considering boost.

Im curious, how do you feel about the guys buying an EB 15+, then slapping a bigger turbo on it? Go buy a coyote? Or even the guys thinking of dropping 10k on boosting a 5.0, should just take that cash and find themselves a nice gt500.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #123
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
This thread is a great laugh. It's a scalable argument across all platforms.

Basically this thread has derailed to, if you could only afford a 4.6 mod away. If you for whatever reason bought a 3.7 you should just immediately trade it in for a 5.0 if you're considering boost.

Im curious, how do you feel about the guys buying an EB 15+, then slapping a bigger turbo on it? Go buy a coyote? Or even the guys thinking of dropping 10k on boosting a 5.0, should just take that cash and find themselves a nice gt500.

Well...for one a boosted 5.0 will murder a gt500 in stock form. So there's a legitimate reasons for that.

The ecoboost platform is better than the v6 and a simple tune and cat less down pipe can get a ecoboost close to a 5.0.

People who can afford to supercharge a v6 are not buying the v6 because it's the only thing they can afford.



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #124
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
thread cleaned up....discuss but don't troll/insult.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I know for me having a 5.0 was never important enough. I really like the 5.0's in my year, what's not to like but didn't like it enough to spend the extra $7500 for it. Could I personally of afforded the 5.0? Sure, but wasn't willing to spend it on a base model 5.0. I much rather spend the funds on modding my 3.7 with V6 stickers.

Why, because I love my pony, I made it exactly how I wanted it to look, sound and preform. I personally would boost my pony before buying a 5.0 at this point. I own my 3.7 outright! For me personally I would rather put 10k into my engine and have a 600 rwhp V6 than buying a 5.0 but then again I ain't gonna do that either.

Why, because I just don't care enough to drop 10k into my engine. I'm quite happy with my N/A sticker filled V6. Just because one can afford something doesn't mean their willing to spend for something.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #126
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
and if you do it for the love of modding (or as someone mentioned rarity) it's a good decision.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Well...for one a boosted 5.0 will murder a gt500 in stock form. So there's a legitimate reasons for that.

The ecoboost platform is better than the v6 and a simple tune and cat less down pipe can get a ecoboost close to a 5.0.

People who can afford to supercharge a v6 are not buying the v6 because it's the only thing they can afford.



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

And a twin turbo v6 will murder a stock gt, what's your point?


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
And a twin turbo v6 will murder a stock gt, what's your point?


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Exactly,

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hawkstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sioux City
Region: Iowa
Posts: 1,273
I apologize to everyone for getting sucked in to the mess this thread became. That's not like me.

If you want to compare apples to apples based on monitary issues you really have to factor in the total cost for the length of ownership. I dont have time right now but tonight I will look up a 5 year fuel and insurance cost and compare the two. My guess is it will be at least a $4500 difference between the two.

If people really are open to understanding, you have to factor in these points.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
I apologize to everyone for getting sucked in to the mess this thread became. That's not like me.

If you want to compare apples to apples based on monitary issues you really have to factor in the total cost for the length of ownership. I dont have time right now but tonight I will look up a 5 year fuel and insurance cost and compare the two. My guess is it will be at least a $4500 difference between the two.

If people really are open to understanding, you have to factor in these points.
I love you man

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #131
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
me too....just not in that way.


poor impulse control
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
me too....just not in that way.


poor impulse control
Ha ha ha.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
http://v6mustangperformance.com/tips...arger-install/

I get this mileage NA stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hawkstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sioux City
Region: Iowa
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
me too....just not in that way.


poor impulse control
You love my poor impulse control?
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I'm still trying to figure out which of my stickers are from Autozone.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
I apologize to everyone for getting sucked in to the mess this thread became. That's not like me.

If you want to compare apples to apples based on monitary issues you really have to factor in the total cost for the length of ownership. I dont have time right now but tonight I will look up a 5 year fuel and insurance cost and compare the two. My guess is it will be at least a $4500 difference between the two.

If people really are open to understanding, you have to factor in these points.
It's not that much, $1000-1250 over 5 years if you run 93 in both.

For me, I went with the 3.7 because I didn't want a car payment. I was OTD for $19.4k for a '13 base w/ tech package, less trade and cash in my pocket, I walked away with title in hand. Best the dealer would do on a GT which was a base no option car, OTD was around 26.5k.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hawkstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sioux City
Region: Iowa
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
It's not that much, $1000-1250 over 5 years if you run 93 in both.

For me, I went with the 3.7 because I didn't want a car payment. I was OTD for $19.4k for a '13 base w/ tech package, less trade and cash in my pocket, I walked away with title in hand. Best the dealer would do on a GT which was a base no option car, OTD was around 26.5k.
That's for fuel alone. I waa factoring in both fuel and insurance costs.

My point is you need to look at the big picture and not only focus on the sticker price difference... At least if your argument is that a GT is only $7k more.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hawkstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sioux City
Region: Iowa
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015v6beast View Post
The new v6 cars are a blast to drive! I just picked up one myself and I have big plans for it. I could have gone the v8 route but i wanted to get a base v6 and build from there. I def see a roush supercharger in the future.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Very cool. Pics please!!! And welcome to the club!
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #139
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Can't put a Roush supercharger on your Cyclone. Sorry.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hawkstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sioux City
Region: Iowa
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015v6beast View Post
Thanks! I just took delivery yesterday. What's all this nonsense about gt vs v6? The v6 is a monster, every time I mash the gas I get pinned back in my seat. What else could you want?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Some V8ers occasionally try to have fun at our expense. But we have 2011+ sixxers so like you just said, we are good to go.

What's your first upgrade going to be? I can help you make custom (and I mean one of a kind) stripes and rockers if you want. It's kind of an obsession of mine at this point. Lol
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P-1SC ATI Procharger Supercharger Kit 99-04 V6 Mustang V6Pak Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 6 01-18-2005 04:38 PM
vortech or procharger drmac Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 03-21-2004 01:27 AM
Procharger??? Falcon Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 12-21-2003 11:33 PM
Procharger vs. Vortech big_red Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 16 12-02-2003 11:11 AM
Procharger Squirrel Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 07-24-2003 09:17 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:01 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.