Funny Sound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cool Funny Sound

Hello everybody, Ok ill be honest, I have never owned headers before so I'm not sure if what I'm hearing is normal. Just finished installing BBK Shorty headers and i love them, however under acceleration i hear a funny "Air sound" Im not sure if its just the headers, or maybe my CAI. I don't smell anything and i don't here it out side the car only form the cabin. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 11:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That's odd that you only hear it in the cabin, I'm not sure what it could be. Hopefully someone can help you out! I'm looking into buying some shorties soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think I know what you're talking about mine does it too but I added an off-road h as well and that may contribute. Is it a continuous noise or do you hear it with every cylinder fire?

stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Man View Post
Hello everybody, Ok ill be honest, I have never owned headers before so I'm not sure if what I'm hearing is normal. Just finished installing BBK Shorty headers and i love them, however under acceleration i hear a funny "Air sound" Im not sure if its just the headers, or maybe my CAI. I don't smell anything and i don't here it out side the car only form the cabin. Any thoughts?

BBK had quality control issues a while back with the welds. Check all the welds and use a mirror with a flashlight to check the other side of the welds on the tubes. Look for little black (exhaust) places. If you find little black places, that's an exhaust leak because of a bad weld. I hope you don't find any but its something to check
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the replys everybody. Its an exhaust leak right where the headers connects to my h pipe.... i guess I'm going to go get it fixed
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Man View Post
thanks for the replys everybody. Its an exhaust leak right where the headers connects to my h pipe.... i guess I'm going to go get it fixed

Try just tightening the flange up?

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hi everybody sorry it took so long to reply. The culprit was an exhaust leak and I had to get a muffler shop to refit the the pipe to the header. only set me back about 90 bucks ( if i remember that right lol) But all is fixed!!!!! thanks for the help everybody.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang