Steeda Tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Steeda Tune

3 weeks ago I picked up a 2012 Silver Ingot MCA edition mustang in manual, and already had plans for modding.

Step 1 I ordered an Airaid CAI and Steeda 93 tune power pack
Step 2 I installed BBK Shorty headers
Step 3 I installed magnaflow street catbacks

Now to the point of this post. I sent in a request to steeda to retune for the additional bolt ons and for the fact that every time i fill up with new gas the car idles rough for about 5 mins surging from 500-1000 rpms.

I specifially stated that the car idled rough in addition to the new mods and was told that a new tune is not required.

Is this something i should be concerned about?

Thank You
2012MCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Make sure all the fittings are right and snug on your c.a.i.. An air leak can cause the idle to surge. My idle on my MPT tunes go from 650 rpm down to 350 rpm when it surges. It 'might' do it one time when i stop at a red light, then straightens up.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you, I will check all connections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My car does the same for about 2 minutes. I can almost guarantee you that this is not due to your tune. I experienced this rough idle with my stock, Bama and MPT tune. Unfortunately I don't have a solution to the problem, I just assume the station I use just has bad gas since this happens about 1 in every 3 fill ups at the same station.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012MCA View Post
3 weeks ago I picked up a 2012 Silver Ingot MCA edition mustang in manual, and already had plans for modding.

Step 1 I ordered an Airaid CAI and Steeda 93 tune power pack
Step 2 I installed BBK Shorty headers
Step 3 I installed magnaflow street catbacks

Now to the point of this post. I sent in a request to steeda to retune for the additional bolt ons and for the fact that every time i fill up with new gas the car idles rough for about 5 mins surging from 500-1000 rpms.

I specifially stated that the car idled rough in addition to the new mods and was told that a new tune is not required.

Is this something i should be concerned about?

Thank You
At what point did you start experiencing the "every time i fill up with new gas the car idles rough for about 5 mins surging from 500-1000 rpms"?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The first fill up after steedas 93 tune. I make sure to only get 93 octane gas of course and this has happened 3 times now. Each a different station and all "Premium" stations exxon and she'll. It may be a gas issue just seems odd to me.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
This is a common issue. It was either on here or another forum, there was a thread about this and I swear 20 + people had this exact issue, no resolution either. It occurs regardless of gas station, octane, weather or amount of fuel added to the tank. My car had this issue on my MPT Tune and now my HP Tuners tune. It isn't tune related, there is nothing touched in a calibration that would cause this(my tune right now is stock except the MAF Curve). If it were a vacuum leak, or a poor tune it would occur all the time at idle, not just after fillup. It is something with the EVAP system. I always stop filling my tank after the first click too, it isn't that either. I can't remember when the car started doing this honestly, it's just been so long. My car is issue free otherwise. I have a Steeda CAI, HP Tuners custom tune, MRT axlebacks. I would say this is one of the only "quirks" that these cars have. Car struggles to idle when it happens, it doesn't die, but probably would if you didn't throttle it to keep it alive. After a little bit of driving( a mile or so maybe?), it clears up. I could troubleshoot this problem, but it's not worth it whatever it is. It only occurs for a short amount of time after fill up. I just make a habit of getting on the road as quick as I can after I start the car back up, no problems.
AKDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you AKDMB that makes me feel a little better that it isn't just me and that apparently it isn't something I should be worried about.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I replaced the purge valve on my dad's explorer that is "known to fail," according to them. The same ones are used on the mustangs, and i know we havent gotten to the bottom of it, but with everyone experiencing problems after fill ups, it certainly sounds evap related.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
One of these days I might change the purge valve (maybe add a real gas cap too and see if that does the trick?) and see if it fixes it. It's like a $30 part, takes 5 minutes to swap, so not too bad. If it were anything besides the purge valve, it would be a real pain to fix, because I'm pretty sure everything else in the system is above/ around the gas tank. The stupid thing is no codes, no readiness monitors tripped...

I just hope the EVAP doesn't play too big of a role in fueling on these cars. It would suck to have baked this issue into my MAF curve somehow. Not a big deal either, just stupid.
AKDMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang