Ported Upper and Lower manifold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Ported Upper and Lower manifold

Does anyone know if this is still being done by anyone besides supersixmotorsports.

And on that note has their been any conclusive evidence that this produces any extra hp/tq?

Thank You
2012MCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016, 04:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know if Tom at Lone Wolf Performance is still doing them.
I never saw dyno numbers but they were supposed to give 9hp and 7fp at 7100.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I don't know if Tom at Lone Wolf Performance is still doing them.
I never saw dyno numbers but they were supposed to give 9hp and 7fp at 7100.

For 400 bucks think I'll pass on that. 57.00 per horsepower...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
There's a few guys on the cyclone Facebook that do it too. But even then you're looking at 300 or so plus parts if you want to hang on to your stockers vs sending them back as a core charge.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I sent an email to Tom hoping to hear back but nothing yet. It has only been two days though.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Check out TB Built in Georgia, MPT has good things to say about their work
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012MCA View Post
Does anyone know if this is still being done by anyone besides supersixmotorsports.

And on that note has their been any conclusive evidence that this produces any extra hp/tq?

Thank You
Not sure what you've done to you Mustang...you will get more bang for you buck buying a tuner/decent tune than porting matching/porting. I've been doing for some 35 years and it's great if you are trying to get every little bit of HP out of the motor and it will usually come at higher RPM's.
You can do port matching yourself which will give you better bottom end and cost nothing other than gaskets....and maybe a hand grinder...IMHO
To answer your question.....yes there have been engine dyno tests showing from 0 to 15 HP....although I've never seen any on a V6.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Not sure what you've done to you Mustang...you will get more bang for you buck buying a tuner/decent tune than porting matching/porting. I've been doing for some 35 years and it's great if you are trying to get every little bit of HP out of the motor and it will usually come at higher RPM's.
You can do port matching yourself which will give you better bottom end and cost nothing other than gaskets....and maybe a hand grinder...IMHO
To answer your question.....yes there have been engine dyno tests showing from 0 to 15 HP....although I've never seen any on a V6.
It's definitely a mod that goes well on the 3.7 paired with shorty headers. Also pretty much a requirement if you want to hit 300+ at the wheels NA.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I've got a tune from steeda CAI, shorty headers and a magnaflow cat back
Old 05-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
Check out TB Built in Georgia, MPT has good things to say about their work
Thank you I sent them a message. Their work looks promising and anybody mpt backsup can't be bad.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What's wrong with supersixmotorsports?

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
What's wrong with supersixmotorsports?

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Absolutely nothing, they just are a little more expensive.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

They are more expensive from what I have seen. Not sure how much tb built charges yet.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I got my intakes ported by TB Built. Very very good work. Ports are perfect and I noticed a decent gain. I would recommend him. MPT actually compared his work to others and said that TB's was one of the better ones. Took about two weeks but it was worth the wait. Plus I still had my car in storage at the time.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I got my intakes ported by TB Built. Very very good work. Ports are perfect and I noticed a decent gain. I would recommend him. MPT actually compared his work to others and said that TB's was one of the better ones. Took about two weeks but it was worth the wait. Plus I still had my car in storage at the time.
Do you recall how much they charged?
Old 05-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012MCA View Post
Do you recall how much they charged?

Yes, he made a final call before raising the prices. It was $250. He recently just raised them. Not sure how much it is now, I think $350. But that includes him shipping them to you and then you send your old ones back. Shipping cost me $20. I also got new gaskets for like $25.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I port them every now and then. I would say me and TB Built open up the ports the most, smoothest and best overall porting jobs. According to MPT ours were basically 1-2% within each other as far as airflow over stock.

TB Builts are on the highest NA dyno'd car. He's located in Georgia

Mark Peterson also ports them and the car his are on currently is the fastest NA stang. He's located in Florida.

So I recommend either TB Built or Mark Peterson (since I don't do them as a business and mainly for friends). Be aware though that TB Built did have a long back log due to people not returning there cores in a timely manner (not his fault).
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I port them every now and then. I would say me and TB Built open up the ports the most, smoothest and best overall porting jobs. According to MPT ours were basically 1-2% within each other as far as airflow over stock.

TB Builts are on the highest NA dyno'd car. He's located in Georgia

Mark Peterson also ports them and the car his are on currently is the fastest NA stang. He's located in Florida.

So I recommend either TB Built or Mark Peterson (since I don't do them as a business and mainly for friends). Be aware though that TB Built did have a long back log due to people not returning there cores in a timely manner (not his fault).
What part of bama? I'll bring cash and beer lol.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Glad i upgraded to a 5.0 and dont have to worry about that mani porting garbage anymore. If Southern Cyclone wont port them, try TB Built. I wouldnt go any other route besides maybe supersix.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
It's definitely a mod that goes well on the 3.7 paired with shorty headers. Also pretty much a requirement if you want to hit 300+ at the wheels NA.
I made 297 rwhp on 91 octane tune and a automatic too boot. I don't have port and polish.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I made 297 rwhp on 91 octane tune and a automatic too boot. I don't have port and polish.

Just a near stock 3.7
Right, the ported manis will put most people with other mods over the 300whp number. You're a prime example.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Glad i upgraded to a 5.0 and dont have to worry about that mani porting garbage anymore. If Southern Cyclone wont port them, try TB Built. I wouldnt go any other route besides maybe supersix.

Congrats, Guard is what I would have gotten myself if I got a new stang with saddle interior.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:26 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lonewolf is porting my upper and lowers right now! I should have it back end of this week or early next. I can't wait to get them, I'll be selling my old upper and lower if your interested

Also his claims are 15hp/15tq gains
Wheela is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang