Vs foxbody - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Vs foxbody

So tonight I was crusing the highway after watching a movie and a guy in a foxbody kept trying to egg me on the race down the highway. I was game but my girlfriend riding shotgun wouldn't dare let me try it.

This event got me thinking though, what all would it take for a foxbody to be able to beat my 2011 V6? I was stock and although his foxbody was riced out, it didn't sound like it had a ton of power or noise so I was thinking it was also a V6. What mods or enhancements would it take for a foxbody V8 or V6 to beat a 2011 V6?
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 10:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
When you say "riced out", what do you mean?

The Fox bodies around here that have a clear coat are nothing to scoff at. Fading paint and rusted over however, and I wouldn't even waste my gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Huge wing and a huge hood. I mean it might be the biggest wing I've ever seen on a car. Had glow lights on the bottom of the car and hugs chrome rims. Paint fading all over the car. It wasn't from the good part of town haha but he kept speeding up and egging me on. At one point I blew away from him taking it to 75 and then went back to speed limit(65) then he caught back up and acted like it was because my car couldn't hang.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

He probably had a "Cold" air intake with no heat shield too. If someone properly builds a Foxbody, and trust me, you'll know, they'll take on new GTs with ease.

A lot of people around here just use the chassis, they do anything from LS to Aluminator swaps.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

He probably had a "Cold" air intake with no heat shield too. If someone properly builds a Foxbody, and trust me, you'll know, they'll take on new GTs with ease.

A lot of people around here just use the chassis, they do anything from LS to Aluminator swaps.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
When you say "riced out", what do you mean?

The Fox bodies around here that have a clear coat are nothing to scoff at. Fading paint and rusted over however, and I wouldn't even waste my gas.

I'm used to the opposite. There are a few sleepers in my area. Most people know who they are though.

There is nothing like a notchback that looks like it was dug out of a scrap yard with a fully built 302 between the fenders. They have a $200 car and $50,000 invested in the engine.

Those guys are normally out trying to make a bit of spare change off of imports and guys with factory built and bought toys owned by guys with egos to crush.

Don't discount the faded paint, rust lines, and cracked rear bumper covers. Definitely avoid letting them bait you into racing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I'm used to the opposite. There are a few sleepers in my area. Most people know who they are though.

There is nothing like a notchback that looks like it was dug out of a scrap yard with a fully built 302 between the fenders. They have a $200 car and $50,000 invested in the engine.

Those guys are normally out trying to make a bit of spare change off of imports and guys with factory built and bought toys owned by guys with egos to crush.

Don't discount the faded paint, rust lines, and cracked rear bumper covers. Definitely avoid letting them bait you into racing.

The difference is, those guys all you typically need to do is hear the exhaust and you know it's not a ragged out old fox.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
The difference is, those guys all you typically need to do is hear the exhaust and you know it's not a ragged out old fox.
That's if you hear the exhaust. I love to hear a car pull to a light completely silent, and then they flip the switch for an open exhaust. You can then be assured the guy has played you. Even if you are quicker, he has gotten in your head. Sometimes a mind game is that is required in a race.

Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
foxbody