Just got these all around. Good or bad? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just got these all around. Good or bad?

So i just ordered these wheels all around.
2011 GT/CS Style Anthracite Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Price was WAAAAAAY to good to pass up. ($80 each and our discount) What tires do you guys suggest to go with these?
I know 19x10 arent the best all around but i heard depending on the tires you can get away with it and get good traction.
Not lowered at all. Stock everything except gears (4.10), CAI, tune and exhaust /O/R H-Pipe.
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

So far my favorite tires have been the Nitto INVO. I tried to jump up to some more expensive Bridgstones this last time. Maybe SLIGHTLY better traction... maybe... but twice the price.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
So far my favorite tires have been the Nitto INVO. I tried to jump up to some more expensive Bridgstones this last time. Maybe SLIGHTLY better traction... maybe... but twice the price.
Your running 19x10's all around? Im very much considering Nitto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Why wouldn't you get traction?

Wrap them up in 275 all around, or put 265 up front and have a little bit of staggered set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Why wouldn't you get traction?

Wrap them up in 275 all around, or put 265 up front and have a little bit of staggered set up.

Just new to the whole tire thing lol. I have stock rims/tires now. I cant take off. AT ALL. I spin like crazyyyyy. So now i jumped on this deal with i saw it. I searched around and saw another guy that seems to have gotten the exact same rims. He said he got spacers but didnt need them. Im going to install them as is. 275 and 265? im assuming the 275 might be a bit bigger? taller/wider? not sure how the numbers work to be honest
Old 05-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So i just ordered these wheels all around.
2011 GT/CS Style Anthracite Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Price was WAAAAAAY to good to pass up. ($80 each and our discount) What tires do you guys suggest to go with these?
I know 19x10 arent the best all around but i heard depending on the tires you can get away with it and get good traction.
Not lowered at all. Stock everything except gears (4.10), CAI, tune and exhaust /O/R H-Pipe.
Wow, $80 a pop?! That's a great deal, I just checked out your link at AM and there $184 each. You friggen scored
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I just put on 275/35/19 all around on my car last night (Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS). Haven't driven it hard yet to test them but definitely feels better. It was about time to get new tires. I found the trackpack rims wrapped in those Bridgestones for less than new tires for my stock 18inch rims.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462975004.508385.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	200825

Haven't had the chance to get a daytime pic yet.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Wow, $80 a pop?! That's a great deal, I just checked out your link at AM and there $184 each. You friggen scored
If you check on their sale page they are listed as $80! SO AM has to honor that. But i added to cart and came up as $80 each so i pulled the trigger. Even if it would have stayed at $184 you can call and have them adjust it for you. I did that with my headlights when they were on sale
Old 05-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
If you check on their sale page they are listed as $80! SO AM has to honor that. But i added to cart and came up as $80 each so i pulled the trigger. Even if it would have stayed at $184 you can call and have them adjust it for you. I did that with my headlights when they were on sale
Oh, I'm not on the market for new wheels, I'm very happy with what I've got. Just sayin' you did good. Post some pics of them installed when you get some time.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Oh, I'm not on the market for new wheels, I'm very happy with what I've got. Just sayin' you did good. Post some pics of them installed when you get some time.
Ah ok gocha lol. Also putting that out there in case anyone else is interested. I will def post up pics when i have them on. Should be the weekend hopefully if all goes according to plan.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

You got a good deal
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just new to the whole tire thing lol. I have stock rims/tires now. I cant take off. AT ALL. I spin like crazyyyyy. So now i jumped on this deal with i saw it. I searched around and saw another guy that seems to have gotten the exact same rims. He said he got spacers but didnt need them. Im going to install them as is. 275 and 265? im assuming the 275 might be a bit bigger? taller/wider? not sure how the numbers work to be honest
You shouldn't need spacers unless you can't clear the brake calipers.

And yes, that's if you want the fronts to look more flush than the tears, but the bad is that you can't rotate them if you get different sizes.

The first number, in this case is 275 is the width of the tire. The wider the better, more rubber in contact with the pavement. The second number, which mostly likely will be between 35-45, is how tall the sidewall or tire is in comparison to the tread. The last number which in your case is 19, stand for the rim size.

I'd go 275s all around, looks mean and you should be able to hook up just fine.

Here's how 255s looked on my 2011 just for reference. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463003858.605315.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	200832

Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

275s will be too small for your 10 inch wide wheel - you will regret it. I run 9 inch wide wheels and a 275 tire fits them perfectly. A 305 tire would fit a 10 inch wide wheel much better... and give you a super aggressive look to boot. Something like this: NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Mustang Tire - 305/30-19 202970 (05-16 All) - Free Shipping
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
You shouldn't need spacers unless you can't clear the brake calipers.
Our 275 35 19 on 19 x 9.5 rubs the fender well lowered about 1.5" and a little camber added, so we have to run a small spacer. Granted it only rubs at full lock, like turning tight into a parking spot full lock, but it still rubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
275s will be too small for your 10 inch wide wheel - you will regret it. I run 9 inch wide wheels and a 275 tire fits them perfectly. A 305 tire would fit a 10 inch wide wheel much better... and give you a super aggressive look to boot. Something like this: NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Mustang Tire - 305/30-19 202970 (05-16 All) - Free Shipping
A 275 is actually too large for a 9", you ideally want a 255. You want to target a tire whose tread width is either identical to the wheel width, or about 1/2" narrower. A 275 35 19 works out to about 9.5" which makes it perfect for either a 9.5" or 10" rim as far as traction and sidewall stability is concerned. Just because a tire will mount to a rim doesnt mean you're getting the full contact patch.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have had so many mixed reviews. Volt wings, do u think 255 / 40 would be good? I want the best traction without rub. I will try without spacers and if I feel I need em il get them

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Our 275 35 19 on 19 x 9.5 rubs the fender well lowered about 1.5" and a little camber added, so we have to run a small spacer. Granted it only rubs at full lock, like turning tight into a parking spot full lock, but it still rubbed.

A 275 is actually too large for a 9", you ideally want a 255. You want to target a tire whose tread width is either identical to the wheel width, or about 1/2" narrower. A 275 35 19 works out to about 9.5" which makes it perfect for either a 9.5" or 10" rim as far as traction and sidewall stability is concerned. Just because a tire will mount to a rim doesnt mean you're getting the full contact patch.
Volt, you may be right about the contact patch, and I do not deny your knowledge, but let's also consider what looks best on the wheel. I had 245s on my 9 inch wide rims before my 275s, and not only was the wheel lip exposed, but I could see the top of the rim itself! 255s would have still left part of the wheel exposed, causing an eyesore on a daily basis...

I'm only saying this from my personal experience. Again, my 275/35/20s on 9 inch wide wheels line up and look like a perfect match, regardless of the actual contact patch. I also have zero rubbing and I'm lowered 1.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have had so many mixed reviews. Volt wings, do u think 255 / 40 would be good? I want the best traction without rub. I will try without spacers and if I feel I need em il get them

Tire rack has all the specs listed for every single tire they sell, so you can make sure whatever tire you are looking at is the proper height, width, etc. I personally would not go smaller than a 275 on a 10" rim, as even that will have some "stretch." Again, its a performance stretch, not a hella-flush stretch, but a stretch nonetheless. Also, i know you are considering Nittos, and while Tire Rack doesnt sell Nittos, Nitto has all the same information listed on their website.

Quote:
Volt, you may be right about the contact patch, and I do not deny your knowledge, but let's also consider what looks best on the wheel. I had 245s on my 9 inch wide rims before my 275s, and not only was the wheel lip exposed, but I could see the top of the rim itself! 255s would have still left part of the wheel exposed, causing an eyesore on a daily basis...

I'm only saying this from my personal experience. Again, my 275/35/20s on 9 inch wide wheels line up and look like a perfect match, regardless of the actual contact patch. I also have zero rubbing and I'm lowered 1.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.
Hey, i hear you on that.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Then why do those 275s fit so well out back on my old car with 10" wide rims out back?

Not all 275s are created equal. Its a well known fact that Nittos run real narrow.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not all 275s are created equal. Its a well known fact that Nittos run real narrow.
Yes it is, i forget exactly what is different, but they measure differently than others. We were comfortably running a 245 NT-01 on an 8" rim, and really should have been running like a 225, maybe 235 in pretty much any other tire.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Yes it is, i forget exactly what is different, but they measure differently than others. We were comfortably running a 245 NT-01 on an 8" rim, and really should have been running like a 225, maybe 235 in pretty much any other tire.
The front tires I had on that car were BFG 235/45/18 on an 8" rim so yeah. I had a 17x8 rim previously to that with a 255/40/17 Nitto 555 and that fit well.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Then why do those 275s fit so well out back on my old car with 10" wide rims out back?

Quote:
I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411 guys.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

They do, Nitto measures them differently tho. Sumis run narrow too a lot of the time. BFGs often run a little wider.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

To the OP - if you shop around on websites such as AM, they specifically mention what size wheel fits the selected tire. Besides my own personal experience, this is what I was going off with my recommendation to you, and how I properly sized my own wheels / tires.

With the good info in this thread regarding fluctuation and inconsistencies in tire measurements, I would advise referencing a website such as AM for each specific tire you are considering.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

My Bridgestone RE 760 sports are 275/40/18 on 18x9, try 285 & 295 for your staggered setup, I prefer a squared setup for the twisty's!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
To the OP - if you shop around on websites such as AM, they specifically mention what size wheel fits the selected tire. Besides my own personal experience, this is what I was going off with my recommendation to you, and how I properly sized my own wheels / tires.

With the good info in this thread regarding fluctuation and inconsistencies in tire measurements, I would advise referencing a website such as AM for each specific tire you are considering.
Reference Tirerack, they have the actual dimensions of each specific tire from tread width to section width etc...

AM has a general reference but its not nearly as good and they've also ****ed up wheel and tire combos as well. Example is the S197 18" wheel and tire combo where they run a tire that is 1/2" taller up front because its simply sized wrong.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Volt if your car started life as a base 3.7 with 17", you can add in the steering stops that came stock on every car equipped with 18" wheels or above to prevent rubbing at full lock.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

AM recommends 275/40. Thats what I think im going to do for all around. I dont want anything stretched or lose performance. If they rub how bad is damage? If it indeed does rub do you guys think that these spacers will be good?
Mustang 5/16 in. (8mm) 5-Lug Wheel And Brake Spacers - Pair (94-16 All) - Free Shipping
Is there anywhere i can buy these aside from AM? I live in Miami FL and am planning on getting these wheels done this weekend
Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411.
I think its where they measure from to get the measurements. I believe nitto only measures the tread block, where other companies go to the sidewall, etc... Again i dont remember exactly what they do differently, but wherever they choose to measure does tend to have them run a little narrow compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Volt if your car started life as a base 3.7 with 17", you can add in the steering stops that came stock on every car equipped with 18" wheels or above to prevent rubbing at full lock.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
AM recommends 275/40. Thats what I think im going to do for all around. I dont want anything stretched or lose performance. If they rub how bad is damage? If it indeed does rub do you guys think that these spacers will be good?
Mustang 5/16 in. (8mm) 5-Lug Wheel And Brake Spacers - Pair (94-16 All) - Free Shipping
Is there anywhere i can buy these aside from AM? I live in Miami FL and am planning on getting these wheels done this weekend
You put those on your car don't be surprised when you have massive vibration issues dude... not hubcentric and... I've honestly never seen one like that. I dunno wth is going on with those spacers .

And again, AM recommends XYZ, its up to you to do your due diligence or wind up hosed like some ppl who just blindly went with whatever AM said and AM screwed up. If it was up to AM, everyone would be running SR parts with Sumitumo tires...

A 275 Sumi or Nitto will work for a 9" rim or maybe a 9.5" rim but will be too narrow for a 10" rim. A BFG or a few other brands will fit correctly.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Gentlemen,
I think i havec come to a decision.
Chevy Camaro ZL1 10-speed auto shifts faster than Porsche PDK - Autoblog
these for 850 mounted and balanced. 275/40/19.
Thoughts?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

A ZL1 transmission article?

Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Well then. Lmao that was actually a page my boss sent me. Sorry! Will update as soon as I get home

Old 05-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

That's one cool boss haha.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah he's great. Always sends me Mustang crowd memes though -_- Anyway, the tires I'm very much thinking of getting are Michelin Primacy mxm4. They quoted me 850 for all 4 with mount and balance. Thoughts?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang