Just got these all around. Good or bad? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Just got these all around. Good or bad?

So i just ordered these wheels all around.
2011 GT/CS Style Anthracite Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Price was WAAAAAAY to good to pass up. ($80 each and our discount) What tires do you guys suggest to go with these?
I know 19x10 arent the best all around but i heard depending on the tires you can get away with it and get good traction.
Not lowered at all. Stock everything except gears (4.10), CAI, tune and exhaust /O/R H-Pipe.
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
So far my favorite tires have been the Nitto INVO. I tried to jump up to some more expensive Bridgstones this last time. Maybe SLIGHTLY better traction... maybe... but twice the price.
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
So far my favorite tires have been the Nitto INVO. I tried to jump up to some more expensive Bridgstones this last time. Maybe SLIGHTLY better traction... maybe... but twice the price.
Your running 19x10's all around? Im very much considering Nitto
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Why wouldn't you get traction?

Wrap them up in 275 all around, or put 265 up front and have a little bit of staggered set up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Why wouldn't you get traction?

Wrap them up in 275 all around, or put 265 up front and have a little bit of staggered set up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just new to the whole tire thing lol. I have stock rims/tires now. I cant take off. AT ALL. I spin like crazyyyyy. So now i jumped on this deal with i saw it. I searched around and saw another guy that seems to have gotten the exact same rims. He said he got spacers but didnt need them. Im going to install them as is. 275 and 265? im assuming the 275 might be a bit bigger? taller/wider? not sure how the numbers work to be honest
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So i just ordered these wheels all around.
2011 GT/CS Style Anthracite Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Price was WAAAAAAY to good to pass up. ($80 each and our discount) What tires do you guys suggest to go with these?
I know 19x10 arent the best all around but i heard depending on the tires you can get away with it and get good traction.
Not lowered at all. Stock everything except gears (4.10), CAI, tune and exhaust /O/R H-Pipe.
Wow, $80 a pop?! That's a great deal, I just checked out your link at AM and there $184 each. You friggen scored
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
I just put on 275/35/19 all around on my car last night (Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS). Haven't driven it hard yet to test them but definitely feels better. It was about time to get new tires. I found the trackpack rims wrapped in those Bridgestones for less than new tires for my stock 18inch rims.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462975004.508385.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	200825

Haven't had the chance to get a daytime pic yet.


Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Wow, $80 a pop?! That's a great deal, I just checked out your link at AM and there $184 each. You friggen scored
If you check on their sale page they are listed as $80! SO AM has to honor that. But i added to cart and came up as $80 each so i pulled the trigger. Even if it would have stayed at $184 you can call and have them adjust it for you. I did that with my headlights when they were on sale
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
If you check on their sale page they are listed as $80! SO AM has to honor that. But i added to cart and came up as $80 each so i pulled the trigger. Even if it would have stayed at $184 you can call and have them adjust it for you. I did that with my headlights when they were on sale
Oh, I'm not on the market for new wheels, I'm very happy with what I've got. Just sayin' you did good. Post some pics of them installed when you get some time.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Oh, I'm not on the market for new wheels, I'm very happy with what I've got. Just sayin' you did good. Post some pics of them installed when you get some time.
Ah ok gocha lol. Also putting that out there in case anyone else is interested. I will def post up pics when i have them on. Should be the weekend hopefully if all goes according to plan.
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,005
You got a good deal
__________________
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Just new to the whole tire thing lol. I have stock rims/tires now. I cant take off. AT ALL. I spin like crazyyyyy. So now i jumped on this deal with i saw it. I searched around and saw another guy that seems to have gotten the exact same rims. He said he got spacers but didnt need them. Im going to install them as is. 275 and 265? im assuming the 275 might be a bit bigger? taller/wider? not sure how the numbers work to be honest
You shouldn't need spacers unless you can't clear the brake calipers.

And yes, that's if you want the fronts to look more flush than the tears, but the bad is that you can't rotate them if you get different sizes.

The first number, in this case is 275 is the width of the tire. The wider the better, more rubber in contact with the pavement. The second number, which mostly likely will be between 35-45, is how tall the sidewall or tire is in comparison to the tread. The last number which in your case is 19, stand for the rim size.

I'd go 275s all around, looks mean and you should be able to hook up just fine.

Here's how 255s looked on my 2011 just for reference. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1463003858.605315.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	200832
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
275s will be too small for your 10 inch wide wheel - you will regret it. I run 9 inch wide wheels and a 275 tire fits them perfectly. A 305 tire would fit a 10 inch wide wheel much better... and give you a super aggressive look to boot. Something like this: NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Mustang Tire - 305/30-19 202970 (05-16 All) - Free Shipping
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
You shouldn't need spacers unless you can't clear the brake calipers.
Our 275 35 19 on 19 x 9.5 rubs the fender well lowered about 1.5" and a little camber added, so we have to run a small spacer. Granted it only rubs at full lock, like turning tight into a parking spot full lock, but it still rubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
275s will be too small for your 10 inch wide wheel - you will regret it. I run 9 inch wide wheels and a 275 tire fits them perfectly. A 305 tire would fit a 10 inch wide wheel much better... and give you a super aggressive look to boot. Something like this: NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Mustang Tire - 305/30-19 202970 (05-16 All) - Free Shipping
A 275 is actually too large for a 9", you ideally want a 255. You want to target a tire whose tread width is either identical to the wheel width, or about 1/2" narrower. A 275 35 19 works out to about 9.5" which makes it perfect for either a 9.5" or 10" rim as far as traction and sidewall stability is concerned. Just because a tire will mount to a rim doesnt mean you're getting the full contact patch.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
I have had so many mixed reviews. Volt wings, do u think 255 / 40 would be good? I want the best traction without rub. I will try without spacers and if I feel I need em il get them

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Our 275 35 19 on 19 x 9.5 rubs the fender well lowered about 1.5" and a little camber added, so we have to run a small spacer. Granted it only rubs at full lock, like turning tight into a parking spot full lock, but it still rubbed.



A 275 is actually too large for a 9", you ideally want a 255. You want to target a tire whose tread width is either identical to the wheel width, or about 1/2" narrower. A 275 35 19 works out to about 9.5" which makes it perfect for either a 9.5" or 10" rim as far as traction and sidewall stability is concerned. Just because a tire will mount to a rim doesnt mean you're getting the full contact patch.
Volt, you may be right about the contact patch, and I do not deny your knowledge, but let's also consider what looks best on the wheel. I had 245s on my 9 inch wide rims before my 275s, and not only was the wheel lip exposed, but I could see the top of the rim itself! 255s would have still left part of the wheel exposed, causing an eyesore on a daily basis...

I'm only saying this from my personal experience. Again, my 275/35/20s on 9 inch wide wheels line up and look like a perfect match, regardless of the actual contact patch. I also have zero rubbing and I'm lowered 1.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
I have had so many mixed reviews. Volt wings, do u think 255 / 40 would be good? I want the best traction without rub. I will try without spacers and if I feel I need em il get them

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Tire rack has all the specs listed for every single tire they sell, so you can make sure whatever tire you are looking at is the proper height, width, etc. I personally would not go smaller than a 275 on a 10" rim, as even that will have some "stretch." Again, its a performance stretch, not a hella-flush stretch, but a stretch nonetheless. Also, i know you are considering Nittos, and while Tire Rack doesnt sell Nittos, Nitto has all the same information listed on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Volt, you may be right about the contact patch, and I do not deny your knowledge, but let's also consider what looks best on the wheel. I had 245s on my 9 inch wide rims before my 275s, and not only was the wheel lip exposed, but I could see the top of the rim itself! 255s would have still left part of the wheel exposed, causing an eyesore on a daily basis...

I'm only saying this from my personal experience. Again, my 275/35/20s on 9 inch wide wheels line up and look like a perfect match, regardless of the actual contact patch. I also have zero rubbing and I'm lowered 1.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.
Hey, i hear you on that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
275s will be too small for your 10 inch wide wheel - you will regret it. I run 9 inch wide wheels and a 275 tire fits them perfectly. A 305 tire would fit a 10 inch wide wheel much better... and give you a super aggressive look to boot. Something like this: NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Mustang Tire - 305/30-19 202970 (05-16 All) - Free Shipping


Then why do those 275s fit so well out back on my old car with 10" wide rims out back?

Not all 275s are created equal. Its a well known fact that Nittos run real narrow.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not all 275s are created equal. Its a well known fact that Nittos run real narrow.
Yes it is, i forget exactly what is different, but they measure differently than others. We were comfortably running a 245 NT-01 on an 8" rim, and really should have been running like a 225, maybe 235 in pretty much any other tire.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Yes it is, i forget exactly what is different, but they measure differently than others. We were comfortably running a 245 NT-01 on an 8" rim, and really should have been running like a 225, maybe 235 in pretty much any other tire.
The front tires I had on that car were BFG 235/45/18 on an 8" rim so yeah. I had a 17x8 rim previously to that with a 255/40/17 Nitto 555 and that fit well.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post


Then why do those 275s fit so well out back on my old car with 10" wide rims out back?

Not all 275s are created equal. Its a well known fact that Nittos run real narrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Yes it is, i forget exactly what is different, but they measure differently than others. We were comfortably running a 245 NT-01 on an 8" rim, and really should have been running like a 225, maybe 235 in pretty much any other tire.
I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411 guys.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
They do, Nitto measures them differently tho. Sumis run narrow too a lot of the time. BFGs often run a little wider.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
To the OP - if you shop around on websites such as AM, they specifically mention what size wheel fits the selected tire. Besides my own personal experience, this is what I was going off with my recommendation to you, and how I properly sized my own wheels / tires.

With the good info in this thread regarding fluctuation and inconsistencies in tire measurements, I would advise referencing a website such as AM for each specific tire you are considering.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
My Bridgestone RE 760 sports are 275/40/18 on 18x9, try 285 & 295 for your staggered setup, I prefer a squared setup for the twisty's!
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
To the OP - if you shop around on websites such as AM, they specifically mention what size wheel fits the selected tire. Besides my own personal experience, this is what I was going off with my recommendation to you, and how I properly sized my own wheels / tires.

With the good info in this thread regarding fluctuation and inconsistencies in tire measurements, I would advise referencing a website such as AM for each specific tire you are considering.
Reference Tirerack, they have the actual dimensions of each specific tire from tread width to section width etc...

AM has a general reference but its not nearly as good and they've also ****ed up wheel and tire combos as well. Example is the S197 18" wheel and tire combo where they run a tire that is 1/2" taller up front because its simply sized wrong.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Our 275 35 19 on 19 x 9.5 rubs the fender well lowered about 1.5" and a little camber added, so we have to run a small spacer. Granted it only rubs at full lock, like turning tight into a parking spot full lock, but it still rubbed.



A 275 is actually too large for a 9", you ideally want a 255. You want to target a tire whose tread width is either identical to the wheel width, or about 1/2" narrower. A 275 35 19 works out to about 9.5" which makes it perfect for either a 9.5" or 10" rim as far as traction and sidewall stability is concerned. Just because a tire will mount to a rim doesnt mean you're getting the full contact patch.
Volt if your car started life as a base 3.7 with 17", you can add in the steering stops that came stock on every car equipped with 18" wheels or above to prevent rubbing at full lock.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
AM recommends 275/40. Thats what I think im going to do for all around. I dont want anything stretched or lose performance. If they rub how bad is damage? If it indeed does rub do you guys think that these spacers will be good?
Mustang 5/16 in. (8mm) 5-Lug Wheel And Brake Spacers - Pair (94-16 All) - Free Shipping
Is there anywhere i can buy these aside from AM? I live in Miami FL and am planning on getting these wheels done this weekend
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
I thought tape measures worked universally... I was not aware of such large differences. Good to know - thanks for the 411.
I think its where they measure from to get the measurements. I believe nitto only measures the tread block, where other companies go to the sidewall, etc... Again i dont remember exactly what they do differently, but wherever they choose to measure does tend to have them run a little narrow compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Volt if your car started life as a base 3.7 with 17", you can add in the steering stops that came stock on every car equipped with 18" wheels or above to prevent rubbing at full lock.
Good to know, thanks.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
AM recommends 275/40. Thats what I think im going to do for all around. I dont want anything stretched or lose performance. If they rub how bad is damage? If it indeed does rub do you guys think that these spacers will be good?
Mustang 5/16 in. (8mm) 5-Lug Wheel And Brake Spacers - Pair (94-16 All) - Free Shipping
Is there anywhere i can buy these aside from AM? I live in Miami FL and am planning on getting these wheels done this weekend
You put those on your car don't be surprised when you have massive vibration issues dude... not hubcentric and... I've honestly never seen one like that. I dunno wth is going on with those spacers .

And again, AM recommends XYZ, its up to you to do your due diligence or wind up hosed like some ppl who just blindly went with whatever AM said and AM screwed up. If it was up to AM, everyone would be running SR parts with Sumitumo tires...

A 275 Sumi or Nitto will work for a 9" rim or maybe a 9.5" rim but will be too narrow for a 10" rim. A BFG or a few other brands will fit correctly.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Gentlemen,
I think i havec come to a decision.
Chevy Camaro ZL1 10-speed auto shifts faster than Porsche PDK - Autoblog
these for 850 mounted and balanced. 275/40/19.
Thoughts?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
A ZL1 transmission article?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Well then. Lmao that was actually a page my boss sent me. Sorry! Will update as soon as I get home

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
That's one cool boss haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Lol yeah he's great. Always sends me Mustang crowd memes though -_- Anyway, the tires I'm very much thinking of getting are Michelin Primacy mxm4. They quoted me 850 for all 4 with mount and balance. Thoughts?


Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my hands on one of these bad boys! w4fang22 General Mustang Discussion 12 03-27-2014 08:06 PM
Just ordered these bad boys. Have a question. Evil2014GT Mustang Wheels & Tires 0 07-11-2013 07:39 PM
Just got these bad boys in the mail Defiant 5.0 2011-2014 Mustang GT 25 03-06-2013 03:00 PM
Ugh... Its these people that make us all look bad. Las0mbra The Bar 34 09-09-2011 01:07 AM
This is good proof that not all pits are bad dogs sonic04edge Pictures and Videos 6 09-26-2007 08:10 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.