Transmission Check Valve - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Transmission Check Valve

Ok guys I have a 2014 Mustang V6 Automatic, and this is something I keep seeing floating around. I am told you CANNOT flush this transmission because it has a check valve that keeps the fluid from circulating properly. However I am also hearing that when you bring it to Ford for servicing they flush it. I have also heard Ford just does a pan drop and does not flush it. The whole reason for this post is I am looking to buy a transmission flush machine and I have come across a few deals but don't know if I should or should not buy it. I mean if I can't use it on my 'stang why bother.
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Wrong section.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Wrong section.

Sent from the future.
where should it go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
2011-2014 V6 section, you'll have better luck there with your question. Your in the pre 2006 section, completely different powertrain. 👍
Unless you meant you have a 2004 V6 instead of a 2014?

LG G4
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:34 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
moved for ya!
Old 09-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan541 View Post
Ok guys I have a 2014 Mustang V6 Automatic, and this is something I keep seeing floating around. I am told you CANNOT flush this transmission because it has a check valve that keeps the fluid from circulating properly. However I am also hearing that when you bring it to Ford for servicing they flush it. I have also heard Ford just does a pan drop and does not flush it. The whole reason for this post is I am looking to buy a transmission flush machine and I have come across a few deals but don't know if I should or should not buy it. I mean if I can't use it on my 'stang why bother.
I just had my transmission flushed at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. It's called a "Transmission fluid exchange" at the Ford dealer. It took 13qts of fluid and cost $239 out the door. Call a couple of Ford dealers in your area and get a quote, they should be able to answer your questions. Here's a link to the workshop manual, hope that helps. Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals Home - 2011 Mustang
Old 09-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I just had my transmission flushed at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. It's called a "Transmission fluid exchange" at the Ford dealer. It took 11qts of fluid and cost $239 out the door. Call a couple of Ford dealers in your area and get a quote, they should be able to answer your questions. Here's a link to the workshop manual, hope that helps. Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals Home - 2011 Mustang
Hey thanks I appreciate that. fell a little dumb I should have thought of that

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I just had my transmission flushed at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. It's called a "Transmission fluid exchange" at the Ford dealer. It took 11qts of fluid and cost $239 out the door. Call a couple of Ford dealers in your area and get a quote, they should be able to answer your questions. Here's a link to the workshop manual, hope that helps. Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals Home - 2011 Mustang
Hey thanks I appreciate that. feel a little dumb I should have thought of that
Old 09-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan541 View Post
Hey thanks I appreciate that. fell a little dumb I should have thought of that

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Hey thanks I appreciate that. feel a little dumb I should have thought of that
No problem. I felt since my ride is a 2013 and is still under the drivetrain warranty, I'd have the dealer handle it so if something goes wrong, it's on the dealership. I'm not comfortable messing with a sealed automatic transmission. Some things I will have an experienced mechanic handle and I can handle the rest. I just picked up the updated Haynes Repair Manual for the 2005 thru 2014 Mustangs on eBay for $22. Pick one up, it answers a lot of your questions and helps you do some of the work yourself

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang