Possibly getting a new gt - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2016, 10:57 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Thanks die I'm here now, test drove the car and it was amazing.. But I'm keeping my poker face..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'm calling the dealership right now and linking them to this exact post!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I'm calling the dealership right now and linking them to this exact post!
LOL.. Thanks buddy.. The deal fell through.. We didn't agree on the price.. No worries though I'm happy with my decision..

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Im still in love with this baby.. The 5.0 and manual would have been a good upgrade but not forcing myself..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463248879191.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	200949  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Don't worry, they'll call you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Don't worry, they'll call you back.

Yes^
Definitely wait until you get what you want. Test drive others with different gears while you're at it and in the end, make them throw in a car cover. You're time is worth something!
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Yes^
Definitely wait until you get what you want. Test drive others with different gears while you're at it and in the end, make them throw in a car cover. You're time is worth something!
Thanks guys call or no call, it's fine..

The only thing that bothers me though is the back seat it is so tight and I have to ducked while seating there.. I'm 6'1 and probably not seating in the back but just bothers me a bit.. Other than that the interior and the performance is perfect..

Old 05-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Thanks guys call or no call, it's fine..

The only thing that bothers me though is the back seat it is so tight and I have to ducked while seating there.. I'm 6'1 and probably not seating in the back but just bothers me a bit.. Other than that the interior and the performance is perfect..

5'10 here and I couldn't sit in the back without breaking my neck sideways.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
5'10 here and I couldn't sit in the back without breaking my neck sideways.
I had problem getting out at the back seat that the sales guy chuckled a bit.. Lol.. They do have the new focus St it looks nice..

Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I had problem getting out at the back seat that the sales guy chuckled a bit.. Lol.. They do have the new focus St it looks nice..
Congrats! Not many of us would have the fortitude to walk away from a deal on a new car like that if the $$ figures were even close to what we had in mind.....It will be interesting to see if they call you back with a counter offer.
As the DEALER let you walk -- you can also be confident that you are getting a pretty good deal already........but if it does not meet YOUR needs -- then again, congrats on walking away.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Congrats! Not many of us would have the fortitude to walk away from a deal on a new car like that if the $$ figures were even close to what we had in mind.....It will be interesting to see if they call you back with a counter offer.
As the DEALER let you walk -- you can also be confident that you are getting a pretty good deal already........but if it does not meet YOUR needs -- then again, congrats on walking away.
Yeah it was tough we were 40 bucks apart I know it's not a lot but I'm pretty made up my mind on how much I would spend monthly for a v8.. They were quoting me for 35 grand with 500 a month and I told them the max I would pay would be 460 a month.. They were like we are only 40 apart.. I said yeah so why won't you let me take it for 460 and they were like yeah for a new 5.0 that's too low..

I think part of it is when I spoke with them in the phone they said that I could get it for 33,500 but when I got there it changed to 35,000 not included tax and registration cos I didn't qualify for some of the rebates they have.. I think some of you may think it's dumb to let it go away but again I have my fixed budget for a v8 maybe not today that I will get it but maybe someday..

Old 05-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Nice job sticking to your plan. You never know. It may be sitting on the lot at the end of the month and they will give you call and beg you to take it at your price!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Nice job sticking to your plan. You never know. It may be sitting on the lot at the end of the month and they will give you call and beg you to take it at your price!
That's the plan rob.. I'm in no rush at all if theyl take my offer I will definitely take it right away if not then I'll keep looking around..

Old 05-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Yeah it was tough we were 40 bucks apart I know it's not a lot but I'm pretty made up my mind on how much I would spend monthly for a v8.. They were quoting me for 35 grand with 500 a month and I told them the max I would pay would be 460 a month.. They were like we are only 40 apart.. I said yeah so why won't you let me take it for 460 and they were like yeah for a new 5.0 that's too low..

I think part of it is when I spoke with them in the phone they said that I could get it for 33,500 but when I got there it changed to 35,000 not included tax and registration cos I didn't qualify for some of the rebates they have.. I think some of you may think it's dumb to let it go away but again I have my fixed budget for a v8 maybe not today that I will get it but maybe someday..
The oldest trick in the book is to lowball the customer on price on the phone to get them into the showroom. Every time I ask for a price over the phone, I ask them to email me that offer "in writing" -- including the name of the person making the offer, and include language as to EXACTLY what rebates are included, and how to qualify for each......I can then figure out all on my own which of them I qualify for, or not.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The oldest trick in the book is to lowball the customer on price on the phone to get them into the showroom. Every time I ask for a price over the phone, I ask them to email me that offer "in writing" -- including the name of the person making the offer, and include language as to EXACTLY what rebates are included, and how to qualify for each......I can then figure out all on my own which of them I qualify for, or not.
Yeah you're right man, I got fooled and wasted my time.. Positive side of it, I was able to test drive for the first time a new 5.0 and for 7 years I was able to drive a manual again.. I miss it so much... The feeling of changing gears and downshifting was awesome in this car..

Old 05-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's the plan rob.. I'm in no rush at all if theyl take my offer I will definitely take it right away if not then I'll keep looking around..

Not being in a hurry is a good position to be in.
I chuckled when I read that part, "didn't qualify for some of the rebates they have...".
I've had the same experience. They want to get you there before they talk about why you can't get it at the price they said.
Now that wasn't including your trade in, was it??? Or was it, with a shorter loan period?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
As someone already said, if they let you walk out of the door, that's the lowest they could go.

I had a similar experience at Nissan, was co buying a Rogue and the first 2 sets of numbers were not at what we wanted. Looked up the nearest Nissan dealer, about 20 minutes away, and said "I have no problem driving to negotiate a better price."

5 mins later, he came back and said he could do $700 over what I wanted, and that was his lowest. From doing research I knew that was close, so we shook on it.

They'll probably call you when they have a huge rebate offer, housemate got called by Chevy when the SS was marked down like 15% from MSRP.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:33 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

That $40 bucks a month doesn't seem like much -- but over 72 months that's nearly $3,000.....just saying......I wish you luck in your dealings with this salesman. If they do any kind of quality follow up, you should get a call from the sales manager or owner, and they should say something to the effect of, " how can we sell you this car and make you happy...and make a little for us so that we can keep the lights on?"
Old 05-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

I think it was a smart decision actually. Screw a 500 dollar a month car payment. You can have 2012-2014 GTs all day long for 20-25k. Then you're only looking at 300 a month or so and pretty much the same powertrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Not being in a hurry is a good position to be in.
I chuckled when I read that part, "didn't qualify for some of the rebates they have...".
I've had the same experience. They want to get you there before they talk about why you can't get it at the price they said.
Now that wasn't including your trade in, was it??? Or was it, with a shorter loan period?
Yeah too bad I graduated 6 years ago lol, and I don't lease a car..

I was able to get a trade in for 16,500 for my car and I owe 17 grand on it.. That was a good trade value I guess.

Loan period is for 60 or 72 months I'm not sure now..

Old 05-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
As someone already said, if they let you walk out of the door, that's the lowest they could go.

I had a similar experience at Nissan, was co buying a Rogue and the first 2 sets of numbers were not at what we wanted. Looked up the nearest Nissan dealer, about 20 minutes away, and said "I have no problem driving to negotiate a better price."

5 mins later, he came back and said he could do $700 over what I wanted, and that was his lowest. From doing research I knew that was close, so we shook on it.

They'll probably call you when they have a huge rebate offer, housemate got called by Chevy when the SS was marked down like 15% from MSRP.

Another dealers hat was closer to me, I called them and they have a gt manual magnetic for 32,995 but it's package 300a.. Called them up and the car is not even there yet.. Moral of the story I just have to keep looking for a great deal.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That $40 bucks a month doesn't seem like much -- but over 72 months that's nearly $3,000.....just saying......I wish you luck in your dealings with this salesman. If they do any kind of quality follow up, you should get a call from the sales manager or owner, and they should say something to the effect of, " how can we sell you this car and make you happy...and make a little for us so that we can keep the lights on?"

" how can we sell you this car and make you happy...and make a little for us so that we can keep the lights on?"[/ I wish they said these words when I was there.. The fact that I bought 2 cars from them already.. I guess I'm not going back there anymore.. I even told the sales guy that my wife is looking for a car as well..

Old 05-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah too bad I graduated 6 years ago lol, and I don't lease a car..

I was able to get a trade in for 16,500 for my car and I owe 17 grand on it.. That was a good trade value I guess.

Loan period is for 60 or 72 months I'm not sure now..

I know a lot of you younger guys just look at the monthly payments, which is important, but you gotta look at what it's actually costing you in the long run too.
I just looked it up...
$750 Cash rebate
OR
APR Financing
0.0 % for 36 months
0.9 % for 48 months
1.9 % for 60 months
3.9 % for 72 months

At $500/mo for 60 months, the actual loan must be $28,550.
At $460/mo for 60 months, it would be $26,310
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know a lot of you younger guys just look at the monthly payments, which is important, but you gotta look at what it's actually costing you in the long run too.
I just looked it up...
$750 Cash rebate
OR
APR Financing
0.0 % for 36 months
0.9 % for 48 months
1.9 % for 60 months
3.9 % for 72 months

At $500/mo for 60 months, the actual loan must be $28,550.
At $460/mo for 60 months, it would be $26,310
I'm positive it is for 72 months die and 500 a month..

Old 05-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm positive it is for 72 months die and 500 a month..

Okay...thought you were getting the 1.9%. Whatever!
Here's something you can use as a reference, if you don't already have something.

Car Loan Calculator: What Will My Monthly Principal & Interest Payment Be? | Investing Answers
Old 05-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay...thought you were getting the 1.9%. Whatever!
Here's something you can use as a reference, if you don't already have something.

Car Loan Calculator: What Will My Monthly Principal & Interest Payment Be? | Investing Answers
That's the 1.9 percent from ford credit I applied for, but they insist of not using it cos they are better they said..

Old 05-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Agreed 100%. The first thing salesmen generally ask is what monthly payments Are needed/wanted to buy the car. A buyer should always stop them right there and focus on the final price of the car, rebates, trade in value, and interest rate. From that get payments where you want by either extended terms or larger downpayment. But if you don't understand the true cost of the loan it's too easy for them to screw you.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:06 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I always deal in "out the door" prices only. It's the best way to know if you're getting a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Final price for the car with taxes, reg., dealer fees etc is 36,000 is that a good price?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

It's 2016 gt premium with all the bells and whistles.. All premium around me are around 38,000 and I don't even know how much out the door..

Old 05-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm dreaming I got the car... Holy mother of God...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463335695789.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	200968  
Old 05-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Patience... You just need to wait for the 4th of July sale. Ford has huge rebates then. Find a base model with nothing on it and add the rest later as you wish. My guess is you'll be closer to $32K if you just wait a bit.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

The heart of the beast...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463339973048.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	200969  
Old 05-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #102
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Congratulations.

Respect the classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You got it????

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I got it.. I still couldn't believe it..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463340587401.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	200970  
Old 05-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Congratulations.

Respect the classics.
Thanks man.. Still trying to figure everything out..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang