Possibly getting a new gt - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I told them that I will have to bring the car back tomorrow since I have to get all the aftermarket parts back but I guess once I accepted the trade in value of the car I can't bring it home, but insist of taking the new car the same day.
When I got mine, I bought it, drove in my sixxer home, took all the stuff off mine, and brought it back the next day. We exchanged keys, and went on our merry way.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
The thought occurred to me. LOL But I'd have to sell my Borla Touring.
I'm thinking probably not.
No worries man.. I might sell it here or locally..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
When I got mine, I bought it, drove in my sixxer home, took all the stuff off mine, and brought it back the next day. We exchanged keys, and went on our merry way.
I kinda like there idea I don't have to worry about taking it off, as we speak I'm chilling in there waiting area browsing through there catalog. They install and sell the roush supercharged kit here with warranty.. Hmmm got me thinking..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #144
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
I kinda like there idea I don't have to worry about taking it off, as we speak I'm chilling in there waiting area browsing through there catalog. They install and sell the roush supercharged kit here with warranty.. Hmmm got me thinking..

Yea later this summer I might get the lighted door sills and sport pedals since mine wasn't a Premium.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

If my dealer offered to take off stock parts I would've gladly taken it too, less work for me haha.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Yea later this summer I might get the lighted door sills and sport pedals since mine wasn't a Premium.
I'm not familiar with all the specs but does yours have the toggle switches? I think they are very cool it seems like I'm launching a jet plane lol...

Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #147
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not familiar with all the specs but does yours have the toggle switches? I think they are very cool it seems like I'm launching a jet plane lol...

No. Mine was a base model w/ Performance Pack and Backup Sensors. I got it at 31,000 so I am pretty happy with it. My main points for the interior that I really liked (even with it being a base model), was the seats (liking the newer design), push to start, LCD in the cluster, backup camera, and a few other little things. I REALLY love the fact that these cars use a key fob. So I can pretty much do everything with the car without ever pulling the fob out.

The little things like the sport pedals and lighted door sills, I was just going to add after the fact. Both are like $100 a piece so it didn't bother me too much. Had leather in my 2014, wasn't a huge fan of it. UNLESS they are Recaros. But for $3,000, I won't ever get them.

I will admit I will miss not getting that nice big navigation screen, but my phone will suffice.

To me, It was either a Base model w/ PP or Premium w/o PP. And I really wanted the PP because the fact that I already installed things like 3.73s, Brembos, etc. I didn't want to do it all over again. Plus, these Brembos are 6 piston w/ 15" rotors and I get a Torsen differential. Not to mention staggered wheels. So it was a no brainer for me.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No. Mine was a base model w/ Performance Pack and Backup Sensors. I got it at 31,000 so I am pretty happy with it. My main points for the interior that I really liked (even with it being a base model), was the seats (liking the newer design), push to start, LCD in the cluster, and a few other little things. I REALLY love the fact that these cars use a key fob. So I can pretty much do everything with the car without ever pulling the fob out.

The little things like the sport pedals and lighted door sills, I was just going to add after the fact. Both are like $100 a piece so it didn't bother me too much. Had leather in my 2014, wasn't a huge fan of it. UNLESS they are Recaros. But for $3,000, I won't ever get them.

I will admit I will miss not getting that nice big navigation screen, but my phone will suffice.

To me, It was either a Base model w/ PP or Premium w/o PP. And I really wanted the PP because the fact that I already installed things like 3.73s, Brembos, etc. I didn't want to do it all over again. Plus, these Brembos are 6 piston w/ 15" rotors and I get a Torsen differential. Not to mention staggered wheels. So it was a no brainer for me.
Nice man good choice youve done your job...

Old 05-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #149
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Yea. The nice part about these cars is they are enjoyable as-is if you want. The only expensive mod the car could REALLY use right away is mufflers. The rest are minor items. Like clutch spring, catch can, shifter bracket, trans bushing insert, etc.

Of course, with any car, you can go crazy and get headers, driveshaft, etc. I probably won't do headers on this car. Driveshaft.....maybe way down the line (for $850 - no rush!) Ceramic headers for these cars are about $650 also.

The good news is the suspension isn't as crazy as the S197. You could lower these with just springs and still be ok. No control arms, no panhard, etc. Of course, you can do other stuff like IRS Subframe bushing support ($150) to help tighten things up and a few other little things. But the suspension won't cost you $1,500 like the S197s do (in order to lower them properly).

Old 05-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Welcome to the club.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Welcome to the club.
Hey buddy thank you.. Happy to be part of it.. Can't wait to get some ideas from you.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea. The nice part about these cars is they are enjoyable as-is if you want. The only expensive mod the car could REALLY use right away is mufflers. The rest are minor items. Like clutch spring, catch can, shifter bracket, trans bushing insert, etc.

Of course, with any car, you can go crazy and get headers, driveshaft, etc. I probably won't do headers on this car. Driveshaft.....maybe way down the line (for $850 - no rush!) Ceramic headers for these cars are about $650 also.

The good news is the suspension isn't as crazy as the S197. You could lower these with just springs and still be ok. No control arms, no panhard, etc. Of course, you can do other stuff like IRS Subframe bushing support ($150) to help tighten things up and a few other little things. But the suspension won't cost you $1,500 like the S197s do (in order to lower them properly).
Dude you're like a guro on parts, I'll hit you up one day when I have questions.. Speaking of questions what do you prefer for axle back? Is it beneficial to go cat back? I'm trying to get it in the near future.. My old v6 is louder than my stock gt.. Haha..

Old 05-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #153
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Dude you're like a guro on parts, I'll hit you up one day when I have questions.. Speaking of questions what do you prefer for axle back? Is it beneficial to go cat back? I'm trying to get it in the near future.. My old v6 is louder than my stock gt.. Haha..

Yea it is a whole new animal then the S197 V6. I am still learning a bunch.

As far as axle back, most kits come with an X pipe and sound like hawt garbage. The good thing about the cat back kit for the S550 is you usually do not have to cut the exhaust piping. But if you just go axle back with a separate H pipe, it will require cutting.

The cat back kits can be 1200-1500 if you want Borla or something. I got the Heartthrob H pipe and getting the S Type mufflers. This will run me less then $900 but will require some exhaust cutting. Which seems worth it to me for a more tasteful sound.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #154
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

The S550 GT is super quiet due to a HUGE suitcase resonator in the middle of the exhaust. Just replacing that with an H Pipe will get your GT roaring. Will sound a little odd though with stock mufflers. But for $140, it is a bargain. Then the next step would be mufflers.

But if you leave the mid pipe and just do mufflers, it will add a little volume but not enough to make it worth it by itself. Unless you get ATAKs. lol

Old 05-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea definitely a no no on the Auto AND 3.15s. I guess grandmas buy 5.0s also....
My 2011 auto with 3.15's went low 11's and my 2015 with 3.15's has been high 11's, so far. The fastest 2015-2016 cars are currently all running an auto with 3.15's. So I guess that combo can't be to bad.
Quote:
Hey buddy thank you.. Happy to be part of it.. Can't wait to get some ideas from you.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #156
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Here is a pic so you can see the resonator I am referring to. The 11-14 GTs had an H Pipe. The 15-16s get this massive resonator which kills almost all of the sound.

Just replacing that will make your car sound better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cbr19_6.916.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	201016  

Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is a pic so you can see the resonator I am referring to. The 11-14 GTs had an H Pipe. The 15-16s get this massive resonator which kills almost all of the sound.

Just replacing that will make your car sound better.
Dude thank you, I think I'll go h pipe, get rid of the resonator and I'll go with roush axle back this time.. That will do right?

Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #158
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Dude thank you, I think I'll go h pipe, get rid of the resonator and I'll go with roush axle back this time.. That will do right?

I prefer a low deep tone myself so I am going S Types. I have never used Roush but if they are anything like the Tridents, I never will. lol.

AM has the H pipe on sale this month. Plus use your discount code to get it for around $130. I did!!!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea it is a whole new animal then the S197 V6. I am still learning a bunch.

As far as axle back, most kits come with an X pipe and sound like hawt garbage. The good thing about the cat back kit for the S550 is you usually do not have to cut the exhaust piping. But if you just go axle back with a separate H pipe, it will require cutting.

The cat back kits can be 1200-1500 if you want Borla or something. I got the Heartthrob H pipe and getting the S Type mufflers. This will run me less then $900 but will require some exhaust cutting. Which seems worth it to me for a more tasteful sound.
Where did you get the heartthrob H pipe and how much? So this will require cutting right? With my roush

Old 05-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #160
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

The H pipe and Axlebacks will require cutting. Any axleback for the 2015/2016 will require cutting. This is why most people go with a full catback kit. But I didn't want any rasp. Because catback kits come with an X Pipe for the most part.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Get the catback, it requires no cutting and you can go back to stock easily. I have the Corsa Extreme double X-Pipe catback. Zero rasp and sounds killer. Corsa is probably the most popular exhaust for these cars and there's a reason why.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Get the catback, it requires no cutting and you can go back to stock easily. I have the Corsa Extreme double X-Pipe catback. Zero rasp and sounds killer. Corsa is probably the most popular exhaust for these cars and there's a reason why.
Ok thanks man, I will look into it.. Do you mind me asking where you order them from and how much? Thanks sir..

Old 05-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The H pipe and Axlebacks will require cutting. Any axleback for the 2015/2016 will require cutting. This is why most people go with a full catback kit. But I didn't want any rasp. Because catback kits come with an X Pipe for the most part.
I think I made up my mind and going for cat back, do they come with H pipe? Or only x? I don't really have a problem with the x pipe since I had them before and I like the sound of it no rasp well that was with my borla so will see..

Old 05-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #164
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I think I made up my mind and going for cat back, do they come with H pipe? Or only x? I don't really have a problem with the x pipe since I had them before and I like the sound of it no rasp well that was with my borla so will see..

X Pipe usually. Corsa is out of my price range for exhaust so I personally cannot comment on it. If you have $1,400-$1,600 - go for it. Lots of different options with those so the price varies a bit.

I think we all know what an X pipe with Roush mufflers do though....

Old 05-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
X Pipe usually. Corsa is out of my price range for exhaust so I personally cannot comment on it. If you have $1,400-$1,600 - go for it. Lots of different options with those so the price varies a bit.

I think we all know what an X pipe with Roush mufflers do though....
Yeah you're right.... Rasssssppppppp... I found this what's your opinion on these?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463414162324.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	201019  
Old 05-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #166
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Those, gibson, and flowmaster will be your cheapest solutions but won't net you the best sound. They sound a little too tin can for me.

I personally just searched for just about every youtube clip I could find for Exhaust videos before I made my choice. AM has a few on their site also.

Here is what I will be going for:

I love that sound near the end. Too bad not many people have good sound clips of this combination. But expect it to sound bada**!

Old 05-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #167
Staff

Regular
Staff

had a new car for 48 hrs and is already spending $ on mods....life is good
Old 05-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #168
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
had a new car for 48 hrs and is already spending $ on mods....life is good
Yea, Ford really neutered the 5.0 with that resonator. I understand why though. They are selling the car internationally and streamlined most of the same restrictions from what it looks like. Sound, pollution, etc.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

The MBRP exhaust drones like crazy. I got my Corsa catback for $1150 shipped.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #170
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Yea if it is $800 or less for the whole setup, I would question things like rasp and drone. You only get what you pay for. $150 for a mid pipe and $750 for ABs seems reasonable to me. We all know S Types kick a** already. And most people love the sound of the H pipe. So awesome + awesome = winning!

I would say if you get anything more expensive then the said $800, then you can expect pretty good setups. As the companies are more inclined to put more time and money into R&D and Quality for them.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Oh boy, my mind is gazing right now.. I will just sit back and do more research.. I have good experience with borla so I might stick with them and get a separate H pipe..

Old 05-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #172
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I am broke asf now with the medical bills from my recent Crohns flare. So what I did was cancel my extended warranty to knock off a few thousand from my car and push my monthly payments back a few months. This will allow me to get the mufflers. LMAO!!! And I did it within 30 days of the purchase also so I should be reducing my car loan by about ~$5,000.

Because I also cancelled some stupid road hazard warranty for the tires. I can get that at Discount Tire for like $30 a tire. They will warranty any tires that originally come with a car or tires you buy from them.

Idc that it won't lower my monthly payments. They are almost the same as my V6 was. It will however save me a bit on the interest side also.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I am broke asf now with the medical bills from my recent Crohns flare. So what I did was cancel my extended warranty to knock off a few thousand from my car and push my monthly payments back a few months. This will allow me to get the mufflers. LMAO!!! And I did it within 30 days of the purchase also so I should be reducing my car loan by about ~$5,000.

Because I also cancelled some stupid road hazard warranty for the tires. I can get that at Discount Tire for like $30 a tire. They will warranty any tires that originally come with a car or tires you buy from them.

Idc that it won't lower my monthly payments. They are almost the same as my V6 was. It will however save me a bit on the interest side also.
If you recalculate your new monthly payment based on the new loan balance, and make those payments monthly, you've reduced your monthly payment. If you decide not to make any payments until the payment is due again, then your monthly payment will remain the same.

So technically, yes.. you do have lower monthly payments. It just depends on how you proceed between now and the next payment due.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

I'm so glad I'm done with trying to haggle.. My wife is a CPA and when she told me that I'm good with what they are offering me, I pulled the trigger right away. I trusted her hence that's why I married her lol.. Here's the raging bull and it's beauty..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463423791197.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	201021   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463423804192.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	201022  

Name:	1463423830332.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	201023  
Old 05-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

And some more sorry...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463424080040.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	201024   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463424094662.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	201025  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang