Another suspension question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Another suspension question

So I am lowering my car this Thursday. I have an adjustable panhard bar installed along with a brace, and bmr adjustable lower control arms. I'm installing maximum motorsports caster camber plates, rtr lowering springs, koni STRs , bmr upper control arm and bracket.

Do I need to use lower control arm relo brackets if I have the adjustable lower control arms?

I have them if needed but I am missing a bolt and can't find a decent replacement M14x1.5x100mm 10.9 grade. (bought used )
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 05:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The adjustable LCAs can move the axle forward or backward. The relocation brackets move the rear attachment point of the LCA up or down allowing you to change the angle of the LCA so that it is parallel to the ground. So basically they serve two different functions. If after you lower the car you find that the LCAs are lower at the body end then they are at the axle end you should probably install the brackets. This will help plant the rear wheels during hard acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you need a bolt, call Fastenal.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Hmm, so here is another question then, my '05 GT is lowered ~ 1 inch in the rear, (the front ~ 1 1/2 inch) when on a flat level surface the body end is about 1/2 to 1inch higher than the rear end height. Is this good, bad or indifferent? My best short time (60 foot) with Nitto 305/35/18 tires on the rear is 1.95 seconds. I took a couple of pictures but can't figure out how to attach then, (JPEGs).
Gil05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
305 35 18 is about a 26.5" tire, which is rather short, most tires for this car fall in the 27-28" range, but i imagine you would notice if the tires were an inch different in height?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I put the lower profile tires on to help keep the rev's in the higher range one the top of the strip in third gear. I'm running a PA beefed up automatic. yes I know the tire is shorter than what came with the car. The question still remains the same, what position should the LCR for this kind of setup? Thanks for your comment... Should I open this in it's own thread?
Old 06-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I can't tell if this guy's for real.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I can't tell if this guy's for real.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, another one of the V8 Group.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Diehard/NewMtang I assure you I'm for real. I didn't think it would be out of line considering the original thread about LCA angles. Anyway I'll drop out of this thread since I'm "another one of the V8 Group".
Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil05GT View Post
Diehard/NewMtang I assure you I'm for real. I didn't think it would be out of line considering the original thread about LCA angles. Anyway I'll drop out of this thread since I'm "another one of the V8 Group".
Sorry about the poor reception, there was a set of inflammatory threads in which certain words were spoken by many, and the effects have been a bit unfortunate.

Generally speaking, you want your axle end to be sitting lower than the body end. There are in incredible array of variables which determine how far below you go.

A few key topics that I would recommend researching would be anti-squat suspension geometry (how and why it works), all three major components of weight transfer (particularly elastic), and the actual geometry of your three link system (so that you can understand the difference in your axle steer produced by the change in trailing arm longitudinal lengths caused by body roll).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

jande063, thank you for your understanding and information, you answered my question the axel end of the LCA should be parallel or lower than the body end. I'll try playing with tire pressures now.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil05GT View Post
jande063, thank you for your understanding and information, you answered my question the axel end of the LCA should be parallel or lower than the body end. I'll try playing with tire pressures now.
I apologize for my misunderstand of what was being asked. It was a bit confusing to me at the time for some reason. Had nothing to do with being a V8.

As far as posting pictures, see post #4 of this link. It may be of some help.??
uploading photo
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang