Anyone replaced any base items such as door panels with premium? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Anyone replaced any base items such as door panels with premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt350r View Post
It's hard to get excited about door sill plates and take off leather inserts : /

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Whoops. I did. 😐

I bought my car in October of 14 and I had a heck of a time finding a white car like I wanted (I saw the 15's and realized I needed to buy the s197 right then because for me the look is more "mustang"). So I was happy to get my base brembo car. I haven't spent near what a premium costs to do the upgrades I've done. But hey Im cool with people giving me a hard time about it.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Not really. If you have a base model and it is something you really want later, its the same as any other mod.

There is a nice side about doing it yourself. You learn.

A lot of people lack that these days. Everyone just wants stuff handed to them. People have gotten so lazy, they can't even do a google search or anything.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Anyone replaced any base items such as door panels with premium?

Also keep this in mind. If you finance a few extra thousand dollars for a premium, you pay interest on that amount as well.

Whereas if you buy the stuff outright later, you actually save money. Plus the experience you gain.

And you cant say there is no return on a premium conversion. The dealership gladly accepted my base to premium car as a premium. They resold it as a premium as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I don't necessarily want to make my base a premium. I just like certain aspects of the premium. I will probably do the leather seats, maybe the door panels, steering wheel.

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Will these work on a 2014?
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickmullet View Post
I don't necessarily want to make my base a premium. I just like certain aspects of the premium. I will probably do the leather seats, maybe the door panels, steering wheel.

Same. I intend to keep the car for a long time so less tech the better but then again it's nice to have the extra things... So far I have done door panels and seats, steering wheel is next. Just gotta get fed up with the stock Rubbermaid one.

My door panels were about $450 shipped and the front and rear seats out of an 988 mile car were $550 picked up. Wish I had payed better attention though, need to figure out the airbag light. They came out of a 13 Prem and mine is an 11 GT (Basic Bit*ch)
Old 05-20-2016, 01:49 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Same. I intend to keep the car for a long time so less tech the better but then again it's nice to have the extra things... So far I have done door panels and seats, steering wheel is next. Just gotta get fed up with the stock Rubbermaid one.

My door panels were about $450 shipped and the front and rear seats out of an 988 mile car were $550 picked up. Wish I had payed better attention though, need to figure out the airbag light. They came out of a 13 Prem and mine is an 11 GT (Basic Bit*ch)

Did you wire the 8" door subs or just leave them?

On the seats I plan on just getting the leather covers.

I agree on the tech deal. The less tech the better.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:15 AM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Possibly but i am not 100% on parts from a 2010.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I see that the Shaker 500 head unit is easily replaceable and will give you steering wheel controls on a new steering wheel. You apparently lose your aux though.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Did you wire the 8" door subs or just leave them?

On the seats I plan on just getting the leather covers.

I agree on the tech deal. The less tech the better.

I left them unhooked, for now.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I see that the Shaker 500 head unit is easily replaceable and will give you steering wheel controls on a new steering wheel. You apparently lose your aux though.

You can get your ACM flashed by a Ford dealership for controls. Just take in a BOSS Mustang VIN or the AS BUILT DATA and they can program it to your stereo. Some will charge half labor since it takes about 30 minutes but some will want full. I got quoted by my Ford dealership $90 for it. This isn't common practice though so the dealership might be worried to try, just let them know you will accept any and all responsibility if something goes wrong.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

From the write ups I've seen it is plug and play unless you want the aux to work. Then a dealership visit is needed.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
You would need a better amp to support all of the speakers. The base amp is hardly OK for the speakers it supports already. Hooking 2 more subs up will make it sound TERRIBLE. That, plus the wiring.

I did a full premium conversion on my old 2014. It will cost you $2,500-$3,000 depending on the deals you can find and such.

The brushed aluminum dash panels costed me about $300
I wired up my own LEDs for like $30 (footwells)
I snatched up the premium door panels for like $500 I believe. And I wired the LEDs in the door handle on them so they worked.
Premium cluster I got for $150 shipped. Then $150 for the Ford VCM Tool. $50 for the steering wheel buttons.
Leather Seat covers for $600
Leather E Brake for $40
MyColor cup holder for $80
Shaker Radio Faceplate for $50
MyColor Door Sills for $80
Brushed Aluminum sport pedals for $50

Then whatever pricing you can find to redo the sound system.

I might be missing stuff but that should give a rough idea.

The items to be careful with is doing the Cluster swap, wiring the Door sills, and removing the dash panel on the passenger side to the airbag.

I say be careful with the door sills because if you tap into the wrong wire, you can blow the fuse to your car's security system. And the car may not want to start anymore until you replace the fuse. lol (ask me how I know!)

All of that pricing was based on what I found 2 years ago. You might find stuff for cheaper now. Just depends. Ebay will be one of your best friends.

Here are some pics of my final stage with my "Base" Model 2014.

I did remove a few...performance parts from it before these pics.

Hey, can you tell us how you wired the LEDs and where you got them from if they were from a website?

Instagram: Odaii_7
Odai1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I got them from ebay. I wired the leds up and to the auto shifter's gear lights. Lol. I also wired the mycolor cup holder to those same lights. As those lights are controlled by the daylight sensor. So they would come on automatically as it got dark. Just like how a premium would operate.

But for a manual, i couldnt tell ya.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

What do you get from upgrading to the shaker 500? Do you get usb function? Or is that supported by sync? I know that they call it shaker 500 because of the 8" sub speakers on the door, but they have their own amplifier which is located on the driver side. The only premium part I've put on my car is the door panels with the subs included, for 80 bucks so that was a no brainer had to get them.

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:22 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Also I've seen that when you get the premium radio, you get xm radio function if you get the antenna that goes on the rear that only premiums have.

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:46 AM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

The premiums have a different headunit, subs, amp, sirius antenna, wiring, and the normal speakers might be a hair better.

You could check ebay for most of that stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang