Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #316
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Next time our Cyclone group heads up there to Cars and Coffee I'll shoot you a pm. 5 of us live in North Alabama Huntsville area.
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I'm the same way, gotta make a sacrifice to go haha. I'd love to go on a cruise down there, haven't in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I never know what my weekend is going to look like until Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I have a strut tower brace to prevent tire wear!
And my stripes help the aero so those pesky 5ohs will be in my rear view mirror.
It also helps that I'm the fastest color ford makes!😜

Sent from the future.
Ummmm I'm pretty sure the fastest Ford color is Performance White, I mean the paint code is "HP" so that's like +1000 HP right there.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slick953's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cherry Hill
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You know anytime I have bought the lesser powerful of ANYTHING it's been about money! A lawnmower, gun, drill, saw, boat, motorcycle, jet ski, camera, computer, generator, pressure washer, truck, weed eater, and who knows what else.
That may apply to you but not everyone. There are some circumstances when people would consider cost a secondary factor. In your above example someone may buy a lawnmower based on Brand first, money second. For example, I have a friend who swears by Polo. All his shirts even white-t's must be Polo. He doesnt care if his shirt is cheaper or more expensive as long as its Polo. The same can be true of any product even if its inferior/cheaper/more expensive/ etc, there are people that will buy brand first.

Other examples when money can be secondary include is if they have some preconieved belief/idealogy about a product, past experiences good or bad, or even looks. All these reasons can become more important then cost.


The problem I see is most people are projecting there beliefs onto others. If they wouldnt do something, then it must be true for all.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Money was SOME part of the equation.
If this was aimed at me then I dont believe I EVER stated it cant be part of the equation. In fact that wasnt even the other guys primary argument.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
So sign of the times just to jump on the guy who speaks the truth. You know damn good and well cost taken out of the equation your reaching up to the top shelf and taking one of those pretty Shelby's. You win a contest you can take any Mustang on the lot.
Well honestly I dont drive stick . So unless its auto or the contest rules allow you to sell the prize (some dont), then maybe I wount take it

On another note new Shelby's are what 50-100k new? Even if you win a contest in most cases you still have to pay Uncle Sam during tax time on the MSRP of the prize. So yes I'm might be walking out with my V6
Slick953 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newington
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick953 View Post
That may apply to you but not everyone. There are some circumstances when people would consider cost a secondary factor. In your above example someone may buy a lawnmower based on Brand first, money second. For example, I have a friend who swears by Polo. All his shirts even white-t's must be Polo. He doesnt care if his shirt is cheaper or more expensive as long as its Polo. The same can be true of any product even if its inferior/cheaper/more expensive/ etc, there are people that will buy brand first.

Other examples when money can be secondary include is if they have some preconieved belief/idealogy about a product, past experiences good or bad, or even looks. All these reasons can become more important then cost.


The problem I see is most people are projecting there beliefs onto others. If they wouldnt do something, then it must be true for all.




If this was aimed at me then I dont believe I EVER stated it cant be part of the equation. In fact that wasnt even the other guys primary argument.




Well honestly I dont drive stick . So unless its auto or the contest rules allow you to sell the prize (some dont), then maybe I wount take it

On another note new Shelby's are what 50-100k new? Even if you win a contest in most cases you still have to pay Uncle Sam during tax time on the MSRP of the prize. So yes I'm might be walking out with my V6
I don't think the post was directed to you. There are some here with V/8 that seem to believe they are they only ones who can afford them and if you buy something less it is about money. They may live their life that way but many V/6 owners don't.
2013 RedMustang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
I don't think the post was directed to you. There are some here with V/8 that seem to believe they are they only ones who can afford them and if you buy something less it is about money. They may live their life that way but many V/6 owners don't.

The vast majority of people do buy what they can afford!.. Me personally I could finance a new Premium V6, but instead I own two older V8s!.. My choice, and what I can afford!.. With that said!..

What is the point of these threads?.. "Why did you get a V6 instead of a V8?.." Almost Always started with the V6 crowd by a V6 owner!.. You never see them in the GT or Shelby or anything else!.. It's like the V6 crowd needs justification for buying what they want/can afford!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
just to keep this "thread" alive... I'll pose this question: did I buy a V6 or v8?
that's an even better question: at 475-480 flywheel hp. How come nobody here ever posed that question? LOL
elkoritaNAY is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
just to keep this "thread" alive... I'll pose this question: did I buy a V6 or v8?
that's an even better question: at 475-480 flywheel hp. How come nobody here ever posed that question? LOL

Because nobody really cares!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Because nobody really cares!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻

Exactly my point... Well done lol



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #323
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 720
The OP doesn't care either, he only began the thread and fled.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps
MustangDawg is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newington
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 191
Is it animal, or mineral?
2013 RedMustang is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The OP doesn't care either, he only began the thread and fled.

Exactly how these threads start!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,502
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
Is it animal, or mineral?

...forget it. i better shut my chute
__________________
Sent from Moms Kitchen Samsung RF22K9581SG/AA via Family Hub
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,442
honestly though for my reasons...i got it two years ago, pretty much 1 year into the crappy job i'm at now. i don't make a lot of money (despite having a masters degree) and although i have a lot saved up, having student loans to pay off and not making that much money, on top of gas being irratic (at the time, gas was like 3 something) i just pretty much wanted to be a bit more economical $$ wise with the gas and mileage. plus, i didn't think i'd be at this job 2 years later (sigh) and i figured i'd have a better job where i'd be commuting daily, so i liked the whole 30mpg highway mileage. that all appealed to me over the GT.
plus, at the time i finally went on to my own insurance policy by myself. a GT would have been more, and the V6 wasn't really that much more than the pickup i had. little did i know that 2 years later my insurance would drop about $500 a year because of my age plus being a good driver, and all of that stuff lol.

so yeah, for me, it was $$. although i could go out and buy a GT cash right now if i wanted, i just can't justify doing such. even trade in on my car, when i got it, i put down 12k and did a 10k loan. the loan has about 5900 left over on it, so thats 5900 off trade in value of my car, which KBB says max is like 14k. so i'm already only at like 8k for trade in on my car. a GT i found recently, it's a 2014 like mine, but with like 10k miles, and red..looked nice, was about 27k. so ok, i'm down to 19k after trade in. so i'd pretty much be at where i was 2 years ago..putting down like 9-10k, and taking yet another 10k loan. i just don't feel like doing that right now.
__________________
2014 Ford Mustang 3.7 Premium 6-speed:
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rosariors3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Usa
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,388
It's amazing how one guy asked the question, started a controversy and didnt participate in any of the discussion.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
I might not know as much as you but i know how to drive better than you!!!
Rosariors3 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #329
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
honestly though for my reasons...i got it two years ago, pretty much 1 year into the crappy job i'm at now. i don't make a lot of money (despite having a masters degree) and although i have a lot saved up, having student loans to pay off and not making that much money, on top of gas being irratic (at the time, gas was like 3 something) i just pretty much wanted to be a bit more economical $$ wise with the gas and mileage. plus, i didn't think i'd be at this job 2 years later (sigh) and i figured i'd have a better job where i'd be commuting daily, so i liked the whole 30mpg highway mileage. that all appealed to me over the GT.
plus, at the time i finally went on to my own insurance policy by myself. a GT would have been more, and the V6 wasn't really that much more than the pickup i had. little did i know that 2 years later my insurance would drop about $500 a year because of my age plus being a good driver, and all of that stuff lol.

so yeah, for me, it was $$. although i could go out and buy a GT cash right now if i wanted, i just can't justify doing such. even trade in on my car, when i got it, i put down 12k and did a 10k loan. the loan has about 5900 left over on it, so thats 5900 off trade in value of my car, which KBB says max is like 14k. so i'm already only at like 8k for trade in on my car. a GT i found recently, it's a 2014 like mine, but with like 10k miles, and red..looked nice, was about 27k. so ok, i'm down to 19k after trade in. so i'd pretty much be at where i was 2 years ago..putting down like 9-10k, and taking yet another 10k loan. i just don't feel like doing that right now.
If you got your degree in Plumbing, you could have bought a GT in cash.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
It's amazing how one guy asked the question, started a controversy and didnt participate in any of the discussion.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
LOL What discussion?
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Belleville
Region: Canada
Posts: 34
I need another beer....this just keeps getting more entertaining


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Bdog is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyt3.7 View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 3.7 and want to make it 5.0 fast, any pointers? Kinda new to the car scene.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yeah stay away from multi model forums, because almost every single one will be V8 bias when asking for advice (you'll get the V8 guys sticking there nose where they don't belong and not know anything about the 3.7 platform but think they do.)


Check your pm.
SouthernCyclone is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newington
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Yeah stay away from multi model forums, because almost every single one will be V8 bias when asking for advice (you'll get the V8 guys sticking there nose where they don't belong and not know anything about the 3.7 platform but think they do.)


Check your pm.
Good advice.
2013 RedMustang is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If you got your degree in Plumbing, you could have bought a GT in cash.

And/Or HVAC


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
And/Or HVAC


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
HVAC really make that much?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Double post.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
HVAC really make that much?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around this area if you can do commercial work you get paid well.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
So, I just noticed that this Cars and Coffee is literally 10 minutes from my apartment and I didn't even know about it until you posted this



Looks like I know where I'll be this Saturday.

First Saturday of the month is when the exotics show up too I think. I work Saturdays so I don't go anymore
JAC20 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Around this area if you can do commercial work you get paid well.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Damn, gonna have to get copies of my certs then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,442
yeah, i'm a firm believer that nobody should ever goto college, because college is a scam. it's a business to put you in debt and produces an $80,000 piece of paper that gets you nowhere.

trade schools are the smart thing to do in today's **** economy in this country. and don't even get me started on getting a masters...complete waste of 2 years of my life and 40 grand. if i ever have kids, they sure as **** won't be going to college, that's for sure.
__________________
2014 Ford Mustang 3.7 Premium 6-speed:
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
yeah, i'm a firm believer that nobody should ever goto college, because college is a scam. it's a business to put you in debt and produces an $80,000 piece of paper that gets you nowhere.



trade schools are the smart thing to do in today's **** economy in this country. and don't even get me started on getting a masters...complete waste of 2 years of my life and 40 grand. if i ever have kids, they sure as **** won't be going to college, that's for sure.

I agree to a point!.. All depends on what your going for!.. Around my area is still a mostly manufacturing area!.. All the Big Bucks are made working the line!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #342
Registered Member
Regular
 
elkoritaNAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 851
Unsubscribe



410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 01:28 AM   #343
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
You dont need college in the IT field. Regardless of what anyone tells you. All training can be self taught with virtual labs, books, and videos.

I got 3 Server 2012 MCSEs and I trained myself on my own time. I also have the Windows 7 and Windows 8 certs. I have passed the main 3 CompTIA exams (A+, Net+, Sec+).

I have 5+ years of IT work experience. I easily qualify for jobs in the $45k-60k range.

After listening to my experience and seeing the certs back it up, no jobs asks me if I have been to college. It is unnecessary. As i gain more on the job experience, i will qualify for higher paying roles (Network or Sys Admin).

So i would recommend NOT wasting money on college if you want to pursue a career that involves working on computers and networks. Just buy all the training materials, spin up a VM, and learn on your own.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 01:32 AM   #344
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter
 
ZombieSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 78613
Region: Texas
Posts: 944
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

And i just pulled a report from careerbuilder for the IT roles i applied for in the past....

Most people with a Masters Degree in my field make less then people with a few years of experience.

So dumping that much money definitely does not pay off in this field.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT: Guard Metallic w/ manual transmission; Performance Pack and Backup Sensors

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:17 AM   #345
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
And i just pulled a report from careerbuilder for the IT roles i applied for in the past....

Most people with a Masters Degree in my field make less then people with a few years of experience.

So dumping that much money definitely does not pay off in this field.

Because you can't buy experience!.. My dad had all kinds of certs and qualifications in IT!.. But on the side, he went and got a Masters in Business Management!.. Like I said, I agree to a certain point!.. Just depends on what your career goal is!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:33 AM   #346
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You are special aren't you... And you just said the words well "for the money" and you mean to tell its me its a better deal to buy a V6 and install a turbo on it just to keep up with a 5.0 with a BAMA mail order tune? I don't think so.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Trey you hear this guy? Lol and he's calling me special? But keep thinking your 5.0 with a Bama tune is the next fastest thing out there. 👍🏾


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 AM   #347
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
honestly though for my reasons...i got it two years ago, pretty much 1 year into the crappy job i'm at now. i don't make a lot of money (despite having a masters degree) and although i have a lot saved up, having student loans to pay off and not making that much money, on top of gas being irratic (at the time, gas was like 3 something) i just pretty much wanted to be a bit more economical $$ wise with the gas and mileage. plus, i didn't think i'd be at this job 2 years later (sigh) and i figured i'd have a better job where i'd be commuting daily, so i liked the whole 30mpg highway mileage. that all appealed to me over the GT.

plus, at the time i finally went on to my own insurance policy by myself. a GT would have been more, and the V6 wasn't really that much more than the pickup i had. little did i know that 2 years later my insurance would drop about $500 a year because of my age plus being a good driver, and all of that stuff lol.



so yeah, for me, it was $$. although i could go out and buy a GT cash right now if i wanted, i just can't justify doing such. even trade in on my car, when i got it, i put down 12k and did a 10k loan. the loan has about 5900 left over on it, so thats 5900 off trade in value of my car, which KBB says max is like 14k. so i'm already only at like 8k for trade in on my car. a GT i found recently, it's a 2014 like mine, but with like 10k miles, and red..looked nice, was about 27k. so ok, i'm down to 19k after trade in. so i'd pretty much be at where i was 2 years ago..putting down like 9-10k, and taking yet another 10k loan. i just don't feel like doing that right now.

Spot on, so many people have stated this its easily over 10k to trade in for a GT, for all the guys that thinks it's only 5k-7k it's just laughable. Maybe you could find that trade for a GT with high miles. So yeah for me slapping a turbo kit to be FASTER than a mail order Bama tuned 5.0 is completely justifiably, plus I'm still saving a couple grand. But money aside its just still a smarter decision to me.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:52 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Yeah stay away from multi model forums, because almost every single one will be V8 bias when asking for advice (you'll get the V8 guys sticking there nose where they don't belong and not know anything about the 3.7 platform but think they do.)


Check your pm.

He's trolling this thread he's actually almost done building a 1200hp v6.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Damn, gonna have to get copies of my certs then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to come up to MD and if you know what your doing I'll put you in a truck next week. We do a lot of scale government work 30-40 bucks an hour. There is not enough trade guys in this area because of all the government jobs.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 06:04 AM   #350
Registered Member
Regular
 
jek57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 499
jek57 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What color is your stang and why did you choose that color? Brent The Bar 67 07-12-2016 06:49 PM
Well, I did it-sure did. & happy I did. ronnie948 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 15 02-01-2015 07:18 AM
Why did you buy a V6? MACh237 The Bar 38 12-12-2012 11:58 AM
Natural Selection... why... WHY DID YOU FAIL US AGAIN Brent Pictures and Videos 9 02-15-2011 09:56 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:03 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.