Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Next time our Cyclone group heads up there to Cars and Coffee I'll shoot you a pm. 5 of us live in North Alabama Huntsville area.
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I'm the same way, gotta make a sacrifice to go haha. I'd love to go on a cruise down there, haven't in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I never know what my weekend is going to look like until Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I have a strut tower brace to prevent tire wear!
And my stripes help the aero so those pesky 5ohs will be in my rear view mirror.
It also helps that I'm the fastest color ford makes!😜

Sent from the future.
Ummmm I'm pretty sure the fastest Ford color is Performance White, I mean the paint code is "HP" so that's like +1000 HP right there.
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You know anytime I have bought the lesser powerful of ANYTHING it's been about money! A lawnmower, gun, drill, saw, boat, motorcycle, jet ski, camera, computer, generator, pressure washer, truck, weed eater, and who knows what else.
That may apply to you but not everyone. There are some circumstances when people would consider cost a secondary factor. In your above example someone may buy a lawnmower based on Brand first, money second. For example, I have a friend who swears by Polo. All his shirts even white-t's must be Polo. He doesnt care if his shirt is cheaper or more expensive as long as its Polo. The same can be true of any product even if its inferior/cheaper/more expensive/ etc, there are people that will buy brand first.

Other examples when money can be secondary include is if they have some preconieved belief/idealogy about a product, past experiences good or bad, or even looks. All these reasons can become more important then cost.

The problem I see is most people are projecting there beliefs onto others. If they wouldnt do something, then it must be true for all.

Quote:
Money was SOME part of the equation.
If this was aimed at me then I dont believe I EVER stated it cant be part of the equation. In fact that wasnt even the other guys primary argument.

Quote:
So sign of the times just to jump on the guy who speaks the truth. You know damn good and well cost taken out of the equation your reaching up to the top shelf and taking one of those pretty Shelby's. You win a contest you can take any Mustang on the lot.
Well honestly I dont drive stick . So unless its auto or the contest rules allow you to sell the prize (some dont), then maybe I wount take it

On another note new Shelby's are what 50-100k new? Even if you win a contest in most cases you still have to pay Uncle Sam during tax time on the MSRP of the prize. So yes I'm might be walking out with my V6
Old 06-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick953 View Post
That may apply to you but not everyone. There are some circumstances when people would consider cost a secondary factor. In your above example someone may buy a lawnmower based on Brand first, money second. For example, I have a friend who swears by Polo. All his shirts even white-t's must be Polo. He doesnt care if his shirt is cheaper or more expensive as long as its Polo. The same can be true of any product even if its inferior/cheaper/more expensive/ etc, there are people that will buy brand first.

Other examples when money can be secondary include is if they have some preconieved belief/idealogy about a product, past experiences good or bad, or even looks. All these reasons can become more important then cost.

The problem I see is most people are projecting there beliefs onto others. If they wouldnt do something, then it must be true for all.

If this was aimed at me then I dont believe I EVER stated it cant be part of the equation. In fact that wasnt even the other guys primary argument.

Well honestly I dont drive stick . So unless its auto or the contest rules allow you to sell the prize (some dont), then maybe I wount take it

On another note new Shelby's are what 50-100k new? Even if you win a contest in most cases you still have to pay Uncle Sam during tax time on the MSRP of the prize. So yes I'm might be walking out with my V6
I don't think the post was directed to you. There are some here with V/8 that seem to believe they are they only ones who can afford them and if you buy something less it is about money. They may live their life that way but many V/6 owners don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
I don't think the post was directed to you. There are some here with V/8 that seem to believe they are they only ones who can afford them and if you buy something less it is about money. They may live their life that way but many V/6 owners don't.

The vast majority of people do buy what they can afford!.. Me personally I could finance a new Premium V6, but instead I own two older V8s!.. My choice, and what I can afford!.. With that said!..

What is the point of these threads?.. "Why did you get a V6 instead of a V8?.." Almost Always started with the V6 crowd by a V6 owner!.. You never see them in the GT or Shelby or anything else!.. It's like the V6 crowd needs justification for buying what they want/can afford!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Old 06-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
just to keep this "thread" alive... I'll pose this question: did I buy a V6 or v8?
that's an even better question: at 475-480 flywheel hp. How come nobody here ever posed that question? LOL
Old 06-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
just to keep this "thread" alive... I'll pose this question: did I buy a V6 or v8?
that's an even better question: at 475-480 flywheel hp. How come nobody here ever posed that question? LOL

Because nobody really cares!..

Old 06-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Because nobody really cares!..

Exactly my point... Well done lol

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 06-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #323
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The OP doesn't care either, he only began the thread and fled.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps
Old 06-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Is it animal, or mineral?
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The OP doesn't care either, he only began the thread and fled.

Exactly how these threads start!..

Old 06-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
Is it animal, or mineral?

...forget it. i better shut my chute
Old 06-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

honestly though for my reasons...i got it two years ago, pretty much 1 year into the crappy job i'm at now. i don't make a lot of money (despite having a masters degree) and although i have a lot saved up, having student loans to pay off and not making that much money, on top of gas being irratic (at the time, gas was like 3 something) i just pretty much wanted to be a bit more economical $$ wise with the gas and mileage. plus, i didn't think i'd be at this job 2 years later (sigh) and i figured i'd have a better job where i'd be commuting daily, so i liked the whole 30mpg highway mileage. that all appealed to me over the GT.
plus, at the time i finally went on to my own insurance policy by myself. a GT would have been more, and the V6 wasn't really that much more than the pickup i had. little did i know that 2 years later my insurance would drop about $500 a year because of my age plus being a good driver, and all of that stuff lol.

so yeah, for me, it was $$. although i could go out and buy a GT cash right now if i wanted, i just can't justify doing such. even trade in on my car, when i got it, i put down 12k and did a 10k loan. the loan has about 5900 left over on it, so thats 5900 off trade in value of my car, which KBB says max is like 14k. so i'm already only at like 8k for trade in on my car. a GT i found recently, it's a 2014 like mine, but with like 10k miles, and red..looked nice, was about 27k. so ok, i'm down to 19k after trade in. so i'd pretty much be at where i was 2 years ago..putting down like 9-10k, and taking yet another 10k loan. i just don't feel like doing that right now.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 06-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's amazing how one guy asked the question, started a controversy and didnt participate in any of the discussion.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
honestly though for my reasons...i got it two years ago, pretty much 1 year into the crappy job i'm at now. i don't make a lot of money (despite having a masters degree) and although i have a lot saved up, having student loans to pay off and not making that much money, on top of gas being irratic (at the time, gas was like 3 something) i just pretty much wanted to be a bit more economical $$ wise with the gas and mileage. plus, i didn't think i'd be at this job 2 years later (sigh) and i figured i'd have a better job where i'd be commuting daily, so i liked the whole 30mpg highway mileage. that all appealed to me over the GT.
plus, at the time i finally went on to my own insurance policy by myself. a GT would have been more, and the V6 wasn't really that much more than the pickup i had. little did i know that 2 years later my insurance would drop about $500 a year because of my age plus being a good driver, and all of that stuff lol.

so yeah, for me, it was $$. although i could go out and buy a GT cash right now if i wanted, i just can't justify doing such. even trade in on my car, when i got it, i put down 12k and did a 10k loan. the loan has about 5900 left over on it, so thats 5900 off trade in value of my car, which KBB says max is like 14k. so i'm already only at like 8k for trade in on my car. a GT i found recently, it's a 2014 like mine, but with like 10k miles, and red..looked nice, was about 27k. so ok, i'm down to 19k after trade in. so i'd pretty much be at where i was 2 years ago..putting down like 9-10k, and taking yet another 10k loan. i just don't feel like doing that right now.
If you got your degree in Plumbing, you could have bought a GT in cash.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
It's amazing how one guy asked the question, started a controversy and didnt participate in any of the discussion.

LOL What discussion?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I need another beer....this just keeps getting more entertaining

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyt3.7 View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 3.7 and want to make it 5.0 fast, any pointers? Kinda new to the car scene.

Yeah stay away from multi model forums, because almost every single one will be V8 bias when asking for advice (you'll get the V8 guys sticking there nose where they don't belong and not know anything about the 3.7 platform but think they do.)

Check your pm.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah stay away from multi model forums, because almost every single one will be V8 bias when asking for advice (you'll get the V8 guys sticking there nose where they don't belong and not know anything about the 3.7 platform but think they do.)

Check your pm.
Good advice.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If you got your degree in Plumbing, you could have bought a GT in cash.

And/Or HVAC

Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And/Or HVAC

HVAC really make that much?

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Old 06-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Double post.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
HVAC really make that much?

Around this area if you can do commercial work you get paid well.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
So, I just noticed that this Cars and Coffee is literally 10 minutes from my apartment and I didn't even know about it until you posted this

Looks like I know where I'll be this Saturday.

First Saturday of the month is when the exotics show up too I think. I work Saturdays so I don't go anymore
Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Around this area if you can do commercial work you get paid well.

Damn, gonna have to get copies of my certs then.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, i'm a firm believer that nobody should ever goto college, because college is a scam. it's a business to put you in debt and produces an $80,000 piece of paper that gets you nowhere.

trade schools are the smart thing to do in today's **** economy in this country. and don't even get me started on getting a masters...complete waste of 2 years of my life and 40 grand. if i ever have kids, they sure as **** won't be going to college, that's for sure.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah, i'm a firm believer that nobody should ever goto college, because college is a scam. it's a business to put you in debt and produces an $80,000 piece of paper that gets you nowhere.

trade schools are the smart thing to do in today's **** economy in this country. and don't even get me started on getting a masters...complete waste of 2 years of my life and 40 grand. if i ever have kids, they sure as **** won't be going to college, that's for sure.

I agree to a point!.. All depends on what your going for!.. Around my area is still a mostly manufacturing area!.. All the Big Bucks are made working the line!..

Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Unsubscribe

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Old 06-08-2016, 01:28 AM   #343
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You dont need college in the IT field. Regardless of what anyone tells you. All training can be self taught with virtual labs, books, and videos.

I got 3 Server 2012 MCSEs and I trained myself on my own time. I also have the Windows 7 and Windows 8 certs. I have passed the main 3 CompTIA exams (A+, Net+, Sec+).

I have 5+ years of IT work experience. I easily qualify for jobs in the $45k-60k range.

After listening to my experience and seeing the certs back it up, no jobs asks me if I have been to college. It is unnecessary. As i gain more on the job experience, i will qualify for higher paying roles (Network or Sys Admin).

So i would recommend NOT wasting money on college if you want to pursue a career that involves working on computers and networks. Just buy all the training materials, spin up a VM, and learn on your own.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Old 06-08-2016, 01:32 AM   #344
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

And i just pulled a report from careerbuilder for the IT roles i applied for in the past....

Most people with a Masters Degree in my field make less then people with a few years of experience.

So dumping that much money definitely does not pay off in this field.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Old 06-08-2016, 02:17 AM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
And i just pulled a report from careerbuilder for the IT roles i applied for in the past....

Most people with a Masters Degree in my field make less then people with a few years of experience.

So dumping that much money definitely does not pay off in this field.

Because you can't buy experience!.. My dad had all kinds of certs and qualifications in IT!.. But on the side, he went and got a Masters in Business Management!.. Like I said, I agree to a certain point!.. Just depends on what your career goal is!..

Old 06-08-2016, 02:33 AM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
You are special aren't you... And you just said the words well "for the money" and you mean to tell its me its a better deal to buy a V6 and install a turbo on it just to keep up with a 5.0 with a BAMA mail order tune? I don't think so.

Trey you hear this guy? Lol and he's calling me special? But keep thinking your 5.0 with a Bama tune is the next fastest thing out there. 👍🏾

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 AM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Spot on, so many people have stated this its easily over 10k to trade in for a GT, for all the guys that thinks it's only 5k-7k it's just laughable. Maybe you could find that trade for a GT with high miles. So yeah for me slapping a turbo kit to be FASTER than a mail order Bama tuned 5.0 is completely justifiably, plus I'm still saving a couple grand. But money aside its just still a smarter decision to me.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-08-2016, 02:52 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check your pm.

He's trolling this thread he's actually almost done building a 1200hp v6.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn, gonna have to get copies of my certs then.

You want to come up to MD and if you know what your doing I'll put you in a truck next week. We do a lot of scale government work 30-40 bucks an hour. There is not enough trade guys in this area because of all the government jobs.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:04 AM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang