Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 16 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2016, 12:39 AM   #526
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Well sending your kids to a better college is a waste of money at least where I live. We are overpopulated with college schmucks who can't find jobs and we have a severe shortage of skilled blue collar service workers. Licensed Plumbers, Electricians, HVAC, and Elevator technicians make as much if not more than people with College Degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
No if you took the proper degree in Engineering, Medical, Pharmaceutical you could be making 100K. You should rethink your education.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 01:49 AM   #527
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Tax payers pay for mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet. My man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 AM   #528
Registered Member
Regular

Ha ha ha. I love these threads! They are the greatest. I got my V6 because I wasn't paying the extra 7,500 for the 5.0. Did I like the 5.0? Heck yeah!!!! Did I like it and love it enough to have paid the extra $7,500 for it? Hell no! I have been very satisfied with my 3.7 and the money put into modifing it. My father always asks me if I'm going to buy a 5.0 and get rid of my 3.7.

I always ask, why??? Why would I want to do that? I love my 3.7. Not interested at this point in my life. Just isn't important enough to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 06:44 AM   #529
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_McNeff View Post
Real sleeper huh?

Yes most people don't expect a V/6 to run as quick as it does with a tune.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #530
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Ha ha ha. I love these threads! They are the greatest. I got my V6 because I wasn't paying the extra 7,500 for the 5.0. Did I like the 5.0? Heck yeah!!!! Did I like it and love it enough to have paid the extra $7,500 for it? Hell no! I have been very satisfied with my 3.7 and the money put into modifing it. My father always asks me if I'm going to buy a 5.0 and get rid of my 3.7.

I always ask, why??? Why would I want to do that? I love my 3.7. Not interested at this point in my life. Just isn't important enough to me.

You made the right choice. Nice car.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #531
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi jayochs,
I go test drive a GT every time my dealer's send me one of the flyers that will give me a Walmart card or some other gift to do so.
In normal driving it is no better then my 2012 V6 3.7.
They keep saying the interiors are better but I personally like my interior better. I do have a premium with leather seats ETC.
I drove GT's and also the turbo four which I did not really like at all. It just felt "FLAT" compared to my V6 in normal around town driving.

I also test drive Camaros when they send me the give away flyers.
I would "NOT" trade my 2012 Mustang V6 for any new Camaro made. I just don't like anything about them.

I drove a Charger and a Challenger and like them both, but I still prefer my Mustang.
Ronnie

PS: I did test drive a 2015 3.7 V6 Mustang and I did like it but I'm keeping mine - FOREVER.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #532
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
Typically the uneducated people, they're the same idiots that'll praise the 350/370Z but down talk the Cyclone.

At that point, why do you care what they think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Old 07-24-2016, 07:01 AM   #533
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I guess to soccer moms and fart can teens, yeah it could be a sleeper.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:02 AM   #534
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Your right on this 100%

Hey King 13

Ronnie
Old 07-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #535
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
hey Ronnie...wonder why they say interior is better? it's identical isn't it? I've got a premium so I don't see how it can get better than that haha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune,Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace,Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 07-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #536
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You made the right choice. Nice car.
Thanks sir. Some day I very well may get a 5.0 when I want one that bad. When it becomes that important too me to own a 5.0.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #537
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I bought my 3.7 because i liked it and i wanted one !
Old 07-25-2016, 03:08 AM   #538
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I have a question, and it pertains to this thread and the 5 dozen or more like it!..

Why Are Threads Like This, V6 vs. V8, always started?.. Especially when you never see ones like GT vs. Shelby?..

I know I asked it before!.. But never got an answer!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Old 07-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #539
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I have a question, and it pertains to this thread and the 5 dozen or more like it!..

Why Are Threads Like This, V6 vs. V8, always started?.. Especially when you never see ones like GT vs. Shelby?..

I know I asked it before!.. But never got an answer!..

It's a free country lol...Better question is why do you care so much?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #540
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick953 View Post
It's a free country lol...Better question is why do you care so much?

Better question is why do V6 owners seem to need reassurance to justify their purchase?..

Like I said, there's no less then dozens of these stupid threads, and All of them Always started by a V6 owner!..

Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 AM   #541
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Better question is why do V6 owners seem to need reassurance to justify their purchase?..

Like I said, there's no less then dozens of these stupid threads, and All of them Always started by a V6 owner!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..ν Όν½»
Honestly, I think that's just your interpretation of the thread. However for argument sakes lets just say your right and this thread was created to "justify their purchase". My reply would be so what?

There are a lot of repeat threads in a forum. My question to you again is why do you care? If you get this upset over reading these threads why do you continually read them lol?
Old 07-25-2016, 07:06 AM   #542
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I think we all like the little word war and it is kind of fun to read some of these arguments that are not vicious and hurting anyone.
No matter what you say on the Forum, When we get together at a big event like the American Muscle show or anyplace else it seems we all look over each others cars and enjoy every Mustang there , It makes for a great day.
Of course there are a few very closed minded idiots that should not even be in a Mustang or on this forum, but you get them in all walks of life and can't do much about those kinds of people.
I belong to two clubs, Daytona Mustang Club and the Tropical Detroit Muscle car club and it is great. Even the Muscle car club people like Mustangs and they have all sorts of different brand old street rods, Corvettes and Of course old muscle cars,
But they all seem to like Mustang, no matter what engine is in them.
I personally "LOVE" a V8 but just don't really need one. My six is fine and a 13.3 quarter mike a few years ago was fine with me. I have a friend with a modified 3.7 V6 that is turning consistent 12 8 & 9's
There are a few 3.7 Turbo 's driving around Daytona that are in the 10's and still get close to 30 MPG on the highway.( Street Tires) "NOT" slicks on the street.
Mustangs are like a Swiss army knife with all of the things you can do to them.
If you enjoy your Mustang and love it,THAT IS ALL THAT COUNTS
Ronnie
Old 07-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #543
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think you're interpretation of these threads are off. I don't believe they are for reassurance of a V6 purchase. Since this a forum it's for discussion and participation by members. New and older members. It's just something to talk about.

I know that the Gt threads don't always consist of which tune should I get or which axle backs are the best sounding. (Rolling eyes there).

Old 07-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #544
Registered Member
Regular

A mustang is a mustang.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #545
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Can't we all just get along haha πŸ˜‚
I agree with what a few have posted to me a mustang is a mustang and any meets Iv never felt bad about having a v6. Personally I feel that we are all here for the love of the car and taking pride in making our mustangs original no matter what they started off as stock.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #546
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I think you're interpretation of these threads are off. I don't believe they are for reassurance of a V6 purchase. Since this a forum it's for discussion and participation by members. New and older members. It's just something to talk about.

I know that the Gt threads don't always consist of which tune should I get or which axle backs are the best sounding. (Rolling eyes there).

It's funny how all the v6 owners think is interpretation is wrong. Of course no one will admit that they need reassurance.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #547
Staff

Regular
Staff

If I needed reassurance I would have bought a V8 kidding!

poor impulse control

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...post4261510322
Old 07-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #548
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly, I think that's just your interpretation of the thread. However for argument sakes lets just say your right and this thread was created to "justify their purchase". My reply would be so what?

There are a lot of repeat threads in a forum. My question to you again is why do you care? If you get this upset over reading these threads why do you continually read them lol?

Well then that still begs the second part of my question!.. Why do you not see threads like, "why did you get your GT and Not a Shelby?.."

Old 07-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #549
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually seeing people ask about what their next Mod should be, has been universal across the board!.. V6, V8 and so on!..

Old 07-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #550
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Well then that still begs the second part of my question!.. Why do you not see threads like, "why did you get your GT and Not a Shelby?.."

The classic Gt owner response to this is a Shelby is just a dyno queen.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #551
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
The classic Gt owner response to this is a Shelby is just a dyno queen.

BUT Once again!.. You don't see threads like that!..

Old 07-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #552
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I usually don't venture off into the Gt/500 threads so I'll take your word for it. But it HAS come up in the 3.7 forums in the past and I've read things like "Shelby's are just dyno queens" along with "they are actually slower at the track do to too much power" and then the classic "most Shelby drivers can't drive stick that well and often miss shift making my auto Gt quicker.
I've also seen the debate on a 2004 Gt owner trades in his car for a 2011+ 3.7 and whether it's an upgrade or not and having those 04 owners say it isnt while almost every 3.7 owner says it is.
So while the threads might not be out there, there are some Gt owners that feel they have to defend their cars on some level when comparing to their bigger brother.
Everyone has an opinion. Just be happy with what you own 3.7, Gt or 500s.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #553
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Agreed 100%, I love my v6 but don't feel the need to justify my purchase to anyone. It's a fun sporty car but by today's standards it's not fast. I mean Nissan makes altimas with 300 hp. But just know Not all v6 guys are like that but some definitely feel like they have something to prove. Another famous topic is "how do I make my v6 faster then a 5.0".

That's not to say there aren't toolbag 5.0 guys. My best is when you have someone with a stock car aside from a power adder making 7-8 hundred hp and talks crap about their dyno numbers on how fast their car is but have never been to a track.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #554
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_McNeff View Post
It's funny how all the v6 owners think is interpretation is wrong. Of course no one will admit that they need reassurance.

Going to have to disagree with you on the no one will admit they need reassurance. I have seen several threads over the years talking about regretting buying a V6 or thinking they may of regretted buying a 3.7.

Asking if anyone regretted buying a V6 instead of a V8. I think some are looking too deep into this. I believe the OP was just looking to start a nice thread for discussion.

In terms of a 300 HP car is not fast for today's standard. Guess that depends on how fast someone wants to go. I know this may come as a shock but the majority of mustang owners don't track race, or drag strip race so many just don't care if a 5.0 runs 1 second faster in the 1/4 mile.

Many people just love the look of the mustang 3.7 and it provides nearly similar performance as older 4.6 models (2010 Gt and under).

Old 07-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #555
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My 2011 v6 is my 5th 'new' Mustang i have bought. I've had a 1976 4 cylinder, 1980 4 cylinder, 1981 4 cylinder, 1986 v6 and now my 2011 v6. I love Mustangs

Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #556
Road Trip!
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
If you don't like my V6, buy me a V8. Then you won't have to complain. Simple. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Sent from my iPad using iOS X beta 2
Old 07-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #557
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #558
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't recall seeing that question, your past comments sounded more like a statement. In any case to answer your question I personally don't head over to the V8 or GT500 threads to often. However, regardless if they do or don't make that thread why do you care so much?

You have yet to answer my question. You keep answering my question with a question lol. So can you tell me why you care so much? Seriously, I'm curios ...
Old 07-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #559
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't recall seeing that question, your past comments sounded more like a statement. In any case to answer your question I personally don't head over to the V8 or GT500 threads to often. However, regardless if they do or don't make that thread why do you care so much?

You have yet to answer my question. You keep answering my question with a question lol. So can you tell me why you care so much? Seriously, I'm curios ...
Yes that is a good question. Why are GT buyers not buying the GT500? Don't they have the money? Don't they see the value in the GT500?
Old 07-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #560

I couldn't agree with you more. The V6 has more power then most of the old V8s. My car is a retirement car also. I had my first Mustang 49 years ago, this 6 cylinder has more hp power then my 289 High Performance engine. More then enough for me!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang