Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
I wanted a used 360 modena or a f440 but I settled for a roush!!!! And it's not to be diff lmao. Not about the money and I don't really want to get into why. I understand what ox is saying. There are ppl that bought v6 and really don't care about the extra power a v8 has. Which is fine. then there are those ppl that say I bought a v6 so I can be diff or beat v8s or whatever they say but I agree that it does not make sense. Don't justify why u bought what u bought. Instead enjoy it and drive it with pride. There always gonna be someone with a better car that u wished u owned. This thread is ending up to be what all the v6 v8 comparison threads have been. Why can't we agree that either way they're all mustangs and this is a mustang forum and we're here for all the same reason. Just my 2 pennies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I agree, some just want to put others down and tell us why we bought something. Bad when it gets to be a bitter post. Your 2 cents are correct. I say just drive what you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #107
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I gotta admit,
I would like to have a 2014 "SUPER SNAKE"
But still keep my 2012 V6

The memories with your travels and Mario would make me keep the car too man. That is value you can't get in a trade. 👍🏻 not to mention it is something YOU really wanted and like.

I wish everyone here could agree and get along. Mustangs are Mustangs.

I dont go to a car show looking for just V8s or V6s. I go to share my excitement and experience with others.

The v8 was just my goal. Others might have other aspirations.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Old 06-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
Now you are catching on. Why have just one thing when you can have more and really enjoy life.
Lol lets hope he actually understands this. If not someday soon he will learn and grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #109
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick953 View Post
Lol lets hope he actually understands this. If not someday soon he will learn and grow.

I completely understand. People hear what they want to hear.

I'm not putting anyone down for driving whatever they drive. My point is and still remains valid, you drive what you drive because you chose to do so and the main reason will always go back to money. I'm not and have not said everyone driving a v6 can't afford a v8. I said you can't or don't want to afford a v8. Big difference. This guy chose to save the 7k and invest it. Cool. My point is still valid.

Everyone needs to stop taking everything so personal. That's the problem with our country. Everyone is so worried about everyone's feelings.

To those saying "oh can't we get along" blah blah so on ect. Whose not getting along? Well besides the people taking everything said personally. I'm sure not. Isn't this what a forum is about? Debating issues or questions asked?
Old 06-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #110
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Some McDonalds will fix everything.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
^Popcorn is better to snack on when you're reading about people's feelings getting hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Old 06-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Here's some icing on the cake, when I was siging the paperwork on my car my daughter who was 10 at the time asked me "dad why arent you buying a gt" salesman got a good laugh. So the why a v6 over the v8 question started 2 years ago for me
Old 06-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Lol the pot calling the Kettle black huh

Quote:
I'm not putting anyone down for driving whatever they drive.
No need to quote me on something I never said.

Quote:
you drive what you drive because you chose to do so
Ok agree..

Quote:
and the main reason will always go back to money.
Disagree...maybe not for you but it can be secondary..

Quote:
I'm not and have not said everyone driving a v6 can't afford a v8. I
Everyone needs to stop taking everything so personal. That's the problem with our country. Everyone is so worried about everyone's feelings.

To those saying "oh can't we get along" blah blah so on ect. Whose not getting along? Well besides the people taking everything said personally. I'm sure not. Isn't this what a forum is about? Debating issues or questions asked?
Cool story.....

Anywho we will probably never see eye to eye on things. So meh w/e man...
Old 06-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #114
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick953 View Post
Lol the pot calling the Kettle black huh

No need to quote me on something I never said.

Ok agree..

Disagree...maybe not for you but it can be secondary..

Cool story.....

Anywho we will probably never see eye to eye on things. So meh w/e man...

I'm going to respond to each of your statements here.

Pot calling the kettle black? Not sure how this is applicable in this situation.

No need to quote you on something you didn't say. Responded to your post then moved on. Sorry, I assumed you could see the clear distinction in what I posted vs your quoted post along with a clear space and new paragraph.

You disagree that money is not a deciding factor on what kind of vehicle you purchase. Then what is that deciding factor?

We won't see eye to eye. I'm cool with that bro.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

I'm not putting anyone down for driving whatever they drive. My point is and still remains valid, you drive what you drive because you chose to do so and the main reason will always go back to money. I'm not and have not said everyone driving a v6 can't afford a v8. I said you can't or don't want to afford a v8. Big difference. This guy chose to save the 7k and invest it. Cool. My point is still valid.

That would be more Valid if the cars drove/ handled identical. Having driven both a S197 v6 and 5.0 the cars drive completely different. The 5.0 obviously has more power but drives a lot heavier and stiffer vs the v6. I can understand why some would prefer to DD a v6 vs a 5.0 if they are not planning on racing at all even if price had no factor at all.

Your comparison would be more valid on a car like the 2nd generation eclipse that came in a non turbo and turbo model. Aside from the 80 hp difference the cars had the same weight distribution, suspension feel, and ride quality.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:40 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
That would be more Valid if the cars drove/ handled identical. Having driven both a S197 v6 and 5.0 the cars drive completely different. The 5.0 obviously has more power but drives a lot heavier and stiffer vs the v6. I can understand why some would prefer to DD a v6 vs a 5.0 if they are not planning on racing at all even if price had no factor at all.

Your comparison would be more valid on a car like the 2nd generation eclipse that came in a non turbo and turbo model. Aside from the 80 hp difference the cars had the same weight distribution, suspension feel, and ride quality.

I miss my 99 gsx. It was a blast, much more fun than my brothers 99 rs. They did handle similar I guess. I always felt my AWD drove better, not counting the extra power. But then we could get into the "why did you buy NA vs boosted" lol

"Insert clever phase here"
Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #117
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post

I can see your point here. This reasoning is a bit more logical than the because I want to be different reason.

One could argue that if they were so concerned with having a different feel as a daily then why buy a mustang at all but I won't go there.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I think we should clear things up. Are we talking all Mustang owners, or members of this forum/enthusiasts? I assumed the latter since it was asked to enthusiasts on a Mustang forum.

If the OP means all owners then that changes my viewpoint. My daughters first car will be a mustang, and a v6. Why? Not money, but I don't want her BF hot rodding the hell out of a v8, or even a 3.7 for that matter.

"Insert clever phase here"
Old 06-03-2016, 05:08 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

This Thread went to 'crap' fast................
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My car is running 19s and lowered 1.5 all around.
The back seat is almost useless now that my boys are 13 and 10.
With 3.73s and a heavy right foot my mpgs are poop at best.............but I wouldn't have it any other way as my daily.😁🍻

Sent from the future.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:31 AM   #121
Staff

Regular
Staff

disagree, it went well for the 1st few days....

I do agree with the $ factor being the overwhelming reason for the vast majority of folks. For those that prefer the handling of a V6 over the V8 I question why a Stang in the 1st place as while I'm amazed what Ford (and more so after reworking my suspension) has done with these there still is no feel to driving it. It will go fast but it doesn't give me the joy a good feeling drivers car will give where you can feel the suspension/tires/road and the interaction between them all.

I make NO claim to being a great driver but I do enjoy driving.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
My 3.7 was an impulse buy, leaning towards a mid-life crisis thing. I sold my 72 Torino before I got the new 'stang and I don't regret getting the 3.7 for one second.

1972 Gran Torino 2 door coupe...sold

1965 Mustang coupe, 289 dual quad, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Ford Racing cam, Magnaflow exhaust, street-strip automatic....she's a screamer!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:04 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Old 06-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
We definitely don't make more torque lol. 1994+ makes more torque than us.
My bad a 94 5.0 made 5 more torque, and 90 less hp then a 2011+ 3.7 V6

My point is still valid.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #125
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
This Thread went to 'crap' fast................
Agree, total slapfest.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
3.7, 5.0, gt500. Around here all are doubling the speed limits (25-35mph) on 98% of the roads I drive by the middle of 2nd gear. Any option is more than fast enough for a quick trip to jail.

Who cares why someone bought what they bought. It's a never ending battle on any vehicle platform that has multiple engine options. Mustang, Camaro, commuter car, pickup, etc

For the record in 3.5 years of ownership I've been asked exactly 1 time why not a v8. Any other time it's been how do you like it or great looking mustang.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:20 AM   #127
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Who cares why someone bought what they bought. It's a never ending battle on any vehicle platform that has multiple engine options. Mustang, Camaro, commuter car, pickup, etc

For the record in 3.5 years of ownership I've been asked exactly 1 time why not a v8. Any other time it's been how do you like it or great looking mustang.
^^This
Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
What mariusvt said ...Allways a faster car or a better car out there
Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 AM   #129
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Can I get somebody to buy me A 2014 red "SUPER SNAKE" ????????
Ronnie
Old 06-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can I get somebody to buy me A 2014 red "SUPER SNAKE" ????????
Ronnie

If i ever win the lottery, i'll buy us both one
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #131
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi David,
Are you gonna make it to the AM event of a lifetime in August?
Ronnie
Old 06-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
No the reason is some of us have long term goals. Rather than spending all their money on a car, some of us rather have a nice home in CT and a vacation home in Florida, and 2 condo's that earn rental income that will pay themselves off. I could have bought any Mustang, but why? I am investing in my future. Enjoy your Mustang but don't assume the others can't afford a V/8. We can, some of us are just smarter with their money. Cars depreciate.

Amen

Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #133
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

*clears throat and takes out tape measure*

Old 06-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #134
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post

Okay, if it's time for that I just want to let you know that the AC is on here and a little bit cold in the room before we start

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #135
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post

so that's why you ended up getting the V8?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #136
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Lmao no. But i thought it was funny. XD

Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #137
Road Trip!
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
I told my dad, i would buy a new v8, ifhe paid for the gas, & he was like "You don't need a gas hog!"
he didn't buy my argument that the v8 just sounds cool. fml.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #138
Road Trip!
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post
Pure luck. No one in their right mind would buy a Mustang in December/January in Michigan. Fortunately I'm not sane, and the dealership was willing to haggle.

ha ha. i've been to Ontario & michigan in January; i'm glad we send our snow east in the winter. you can have it ha ha
I see quite a few stangs around in the winter, even if i had winter tires, I would be too chicken to drive lol. i drove my brothers new Colorado all last winter lol, then my dad gave me his 07 so i would have 4wd in the winter.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi David,
Are you gonna make it to the AM event of a lifetime in August?
Ronnie
I don't think so Ronnie. A little too far for me.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locopony View Post
I owned a 2008 convertible with V6 and had a hard time selling it because everybody wanted the V8. I finally sold it to someone who said they were a hermaphrodite (No I am not a hater...really). I had to look that up too. And now I am loving my 14 Shelby.
The moral of the story is...if you buy a V6 Mustang it is all good and fine until you go to sell it because finding a buyer is about as rare as a hermaphrodite.
Shelby's are great cars until the amazing drinking problem it has plus for most the insurance is out of the world. The V6 is a great resale for everything it does without the gas guzzling/insurance issues.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang