Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:01 AM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
When there's a question directed at V6 owners, posted in a V6 thread, and you don't meet the criteria, I wonder what exactly is trying to be accomplish
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 07:44 AM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic3.7 View Post
To call the v6 out then when we show up on the thread and call everyone out all the people that was talking **** dissappear. Except one guy who has to change up his insults to grammar punches. We will be at Atlanta motor Speedway on Fridays and silverdollar raceway June 18th. I hope to see oxford5pointslow soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
When was the v6 called out? All we said was it takes more than 3 mods to get to our stock times, something that Southern Cyclone disagreed with. I'm sure we'll see each other on the track sometime soon, I'm also sure he'll has more than the 3 aforementioned mods.

I had a V6 btw, already threw my 2 cents in on the topic question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #249
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Ready to drag race ??????

Alright,
In August ( The 13th. to be exact) The American Muscle all Mustang event is to be held at ""MAPLE GROVE DRAGSTRIP In Pennsylvania.
This give anybody a far advance notice to show up and sign in to grudge race after the show and let all of us see who has a fast Mustang.
Anybody that can't get off work, PM me your bosses phone # and I'll call you in sick for that week.
There were Mustangs there from as far as Washington State last year as well as California so saying it is too far is not an excuse if you really want to see who's Mustang is faster.
It don't matter to me because I may not have the fastest Mustang but I sure do have the most beautiful Mustang ever made, """JUST ASK ME"""
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maple grove Mustang 8X10.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	202106   Click image for larger version

Name:	AM2014-1_zps89eb736e.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	202107  

Old 06-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Where are you located? You said an hour away but your profile says Alabama. I'm basically on the border of KY and TN.

There's a Cars and Coffee in Nashville on Saturdays but I'm pretty sure the track is open to people competing in classes, and therefore costs more money and you only get 1 or 2 runs.

So, I just noticed that this Cars and Coffee is literally 10 minutes from my apartment and I didn't even know about it until you posted this

Looks like I know where I'll be this Saturday.

Satin Black Borla S-Types | Satin Black MCA 18" Wheels | Eibach Pro-Street Coilovers | Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Bar | GT500 Spoiler | Cervini GT500 Upper & Lower Grilles | SHR Quarter Window Louvers | RTR Decklid
Old 06-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #251
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

Planning on going to the one in Franklin sometime. Need a cool day to bring the Porsche too (no air, black leather). We should meet up!
Old 06-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Planning on going to the one in Franklin sometime. Need a cool day to bring the Porsche too (no air, black leather). We should meet up!
Haha, well I guess that won't be this week, it's sunny and 90's all week here in Franklin.

Send me a PM next time you decide to go down and I'll let ya know if I'm available.

Satin Black Borla S-Types | Satin Black MCA 18" Wheels | Eibach Pro-Street Coilovers | Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Bar | GT500 Spoiler | Cervini GT500 Upper & Lower Grilles | SHR Quarter Window Louvers | RTR Decklid
Old 06-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
When was the v6 called out? All we said was it takes more than 3 mods to get to our stock times, something that Southern Cyclone disagreed with. I'm sure we'll see each other on the track sometime soon, I'm also sure he'll has more than the 3 aforementioned mods.

I had a V6 btw, already threw my 2 cents in on the topic question.

Your blind, I never said 3 mods. I said it wouldn't take $5k in mods. For a NA 3.7 V6 with 93 MPT tune, gears, headers, ported intake manifolds, good tires and LCA's could beat a stock 5.0. I also said it depended on the gearing of a new stock 5.0. I also said throw a nitrous kit on there and your still under $5k and could beat tuned 5.0's.

So don't go put words in my mouth.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
So, I just noticed that this Cars and Coffee is literally 10 minutes from my apartment and I didn't even know about it until you posted this

Looks like I know where I'll be this Saturday.
The Cars and Coffee in Nashville is huge.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
The Cars and Coffee in Nashville is huge.
Yeah I was looking on the FB page earlier today, it looks awesome. I'll just have to add that to the list of reasons I love living here.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
People who just think a V/8 is the only thing in the world that matters to them are short sited. They always assume and we can't afford a V/8 because we don't care to own one. They can't believe that we have a Wife, or Girlfriend, kids and parents to take care of, which means more than a V/8 under the hood. There will always be a car better and faster than theirs.
We make our choices based on real life, planning a future, homes, condos, and not following the crowd. We don't live paycheck to paycheck. I do have a V/8 in my Motor Home, do they?
Old 06-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
People who just think a V/8 is the only thing in the world that matters to them are short sited. They always assume and we can't afford a V/8 because we don't care to own one. They can't believe that we have a Wife, or Girlfriend, kids and parents to take care of, which means more than a V/8 under the hood. There will always be a car better and faster than theirs.
We make our choices based on real life, planning a future, homes, condos, and not following the crowd. We don't live paycheck to paycheck. I do have a V/8 in my Motor Home, do they?

Making assumptions of other people is rather "short sited" on your part!.. Like I said before!.. I myself could finance a new V6 Premium if I wanted!.. I chose not to, and instead own two older V8 Mustangs!.. I prefer the feel and sound of a V8!.. And I could care less on how much faster a new car is!.. Because It Should Be!!... Yes New cars should outperform older ones!.. Am I hurt by it?.. No!..

And like I said before, why are these threads always started by the V6 crowed?.. And never see one started by Anyone Else?..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Old 06-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

I am not talking about you there has been one person very demeaning about V/6 buyers. He assumed it was all about money and played down any reason someone had about getting a V/6. I also have a Merkur XR4TI, so I also enjoy older cars.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
I am not talking about you there has been one person very demeaning about V/6 buyers. He assumed it was all about money and played down any reason someone had about getting a V/6. I also have a Merkur XR4TI, so I also enjoy older cars.

Lol. Well I guess assumptions make an A$$ of us all!.. Lol. Do you have a pic of the Merkur?...

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your blind, I never said 3 mods. I said it wouldn't take $5k in mods. For a NA 3.7 V6 with 93 MPT tune, gears, headers, ported intake manifolds, good tires and LCA's could beat a stock 5.0. I also said it depended on the gearing of a new stock 5.0. I also said throw a nitrous kit on there and your still under $5k and could beat tuned 5.0's.

I see the three you mentioned that would take a V6 to stay with a V8. That's all I'm saying.

Stormtrooper3.7, let me know if you're going at the beginning of next month, that's when people bring out their exotics.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

I can't get any pictures to upload here. They may be to big. Go to Merkur Club of America on facebook You will see it. Nimbus Grey 1986, with First Place Award at Carlisle at the Ford National Show. My 2013 Mustang was there too.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #262
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Idk man. I had a lot on my v6 and didn't beat the 5.0. My video was proof. Only thing i didnt have was ported manifolds but that wouldnt have magically made me win.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
Old 06-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #263
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
I am not talking about you there has been one person very demeaning about V/6 buyers. He assumed it was all about money and played down any reason someone had about getting a V/6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465255256.083847.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	202118

I can only assume this is directed to me. I am actually not being "demeaning" about v6 buyers. What I was hoping for was a legitimate reason that doesn't somehow translate back to money being a factor. I have yet to hear a reason like this with the exception that they liked the feel of it (handling). Or just legitimately didn't care at all what powered their car (although if you are this numb to a car why buy a new mustang to begin with).

This is going to be my last post in this thread because it's slowly giving me cancer as new to the thread people continue to post nonsense. Seems like most (notice I said most, don't get your panties in a bunch) V6 owners who have posted in here wish to ignore what my posts are actually about, and feel they must defend their cars honor. Apparently because I have a 5.0 I am the enemy and must not have any valid points other than to scoff at a V6 owner. These threads while entertaining always come to someone or multiple someone's with a massive case of butt hurt.

P.S.-
My family eats top ramen and lives in a cardboard box for me to own and operate my superior vehicle. I recently sold my sons clothes right off his back so I could purchase a supercharger so I could further my quest to be the best! I am truly a terrible person!

Lmfao.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Wouldn't say that just slow

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Glad they eat well. To hot for clothes anyways. Glad you admit your mistakes and poor assumptions.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I see the three you mentioned that would take a V6 to stay with a V8. That's all I'm saying.

Stormtrooper3.7, let me know if you're going at the beginning of next month, that's when people bring out their exotics.

He said, "I'm guessing more then what's in your sig" to the guy. I listed the additional ones needed to go along with the few that he had in his sig that was referred to. Didn't realize I needed to list the stuff out of his sig to go with my post, I thought it was a no brainer since I said "Not much more." and added the additional mods needed.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #267
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I have a 5.0 also

Will cancer claim me also? I have Crohns, i guess that is halfway there. Lol

Old 06-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #268
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
You said, "I'm guessing more then what's in your sig" to that guy. I listed the additional ones needed along with the few that helped in his sig you were referring to.

My 3.7 ran faster when i had a belly full of Mickey D's. Or was that just me flooring it to get to a restroom quicker?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

No you are fine, you have a good sense of humor.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I saw that, and last week they had some kind of contest where you could drive any exotic to and from Cars and Coffee... totally missed out on that

If I go, I'll try and remember to shoot you a PM. My weekends are always up in the air, needless to say if I go out on a Friday night I won't be making it to cars and coffee at 8, lol.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I was looking on the FB page earlier today, it looks awesome. I'll just have to add that to the list of reasons I love living here.
Next time our Cyclone group heads up there to Cars and Coffee I'll shoot you a pm. 5 of us live in North Alabama Huntsville area.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I saw that, and last week they had some kind of contest where you could drive any exotic to and from Cars and Coffee... totally missed out on that

If I go, I'll try and remember to shoot you a PM. My weekends are always up in the air, needless to say if I go out on a Friday night I won't be making it to cars and coffee at 8, lol.
I'm the same way, gotta make a sacrifice to go haha. I'd love to go on a cruise down there, haven't in a while.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's all these people do is put words in your mouth that's why I stopped responding.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Old 06-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #275

Hey guys I just bought a 3.7 and want to make it 5.0 fast, any pointers? Kinda new to the car scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 06-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #276
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyt3.7 View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 3.7 and want to make it 5.0 fast, any pointers? Kinda new to the car scene.

Gears and a tune will have you walking 5.0s even on your worst days!

Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #277

I thought so, I heard Bama was good! I'll probably get that one and 3.31 gears!

Old 06-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyt3.7 View Post
I thought so, I heard Bama was good! I'll probably get that one and 3.31 gears!

3.55s or 3.73s and 5.0s won't stand a chance!

Sent from the future.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
3.55s or 3.73s and 5.0s won't stand a chance!

Sent from the future.
Problem with that is you'll be buying tires every 500 miles with the added torque from the gears!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Problem with that is you'll be buying tires every 500 miles with the added torque from the gears!
I have a strut tower brace to prevent tire wear!
And my stripes help the aero so those pesky 5ohs will be in my rear view mirror.
It also helps that I'm the fastest color ford makes!😜

Sent from the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang