Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
First don't believe everything you see on American Muscle, they would have you buying everything and claiming big HP Gains. There baseline car stock, 2011 model, Auto with 2:73 gears did 260 HP, and 241 FPT Stock. I added the 73MM Throttle Body, 93 Octane Bama Race Tune, Magnaflow Axle Back Exhaust and Alum Driveshaft and Airaid Cold Air Intake. Ran car on Dyno at the Ford National show in Carlisle PA, June 4th and it did 261.30 HP, 247.22 Torque. Big difference over the 30 to 40 HP they claim they can get you. I know conditions can be different for a Dyno, temps and humidity but everyone wants to sell you something. I have a 2013, PP package with 3.31 gears, 6 speed manual. I would go with gears, full exhaust with headers and probably a different tuner. Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body seemed to be a waste of money. Just throw in a K&N air filter. If anyone has seen great gains with any of their bolt on products, I would love to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RedMustang View Post
First don't believe everything you see on American Muscle, they would have you buying everything and claiming big HP Gains. There baseline car stock, 2011 model, Auto with 2:73 gears did 260 HP, and 241 FPT Stock. I added the 73MM Throttle Body, 93 Octane Bama Race Tune, Magnaflow Axle Back Exhaust and Alum Driveshaft and Airaid Cold Air Intake. Ran car on Dyno at the Ford National show in Carlisle PA, June 4th and it did 261.30 HP, 247.22 Torque. Big difference over the 30 to 40 HP they claim they can get you. I know conditions can be different for a Dyno, temps and humidity but everyone wants to sell you something. I have a 2013, PP package with 3.31 gears, 6 speed manual. I would go with gears, full exhaust with headers and probably a different tuner. Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body seemed to be a waste of money. Just throw in a K&N air filter. If anyone has seen great gains with any of their bolt on products, I would love to know.
But did you dyno your car stock? Every engine is different. For all we know, your car could have dyno'd at 230hp in stock form.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:52 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I'm going to respond to each of your statements here.

Pot calling the kettle black? Not sure how this is applicable in this situation.

No need to quote you on something you didn't say. Responded to your post then moved on. Sorry, I assumed you could see the clear distinction in what I posted vs your quoted post along with a clear space and new paragraph.

You disagree that money is not a deciding factor on what kind of vehicle you purchase. Then what is that deciding factor?

We won't see eye to eye. I'm cool with that bro.
I'm not sure where to even start with what you wrote. You clearly do hear what you want. You talk about "clear distinctions" yet I literally wrote line by line where I agreed and disagreed with you. Heck I even gave you an example that goes contrary to your its Always about money first. Hell I could give you a few more examples but at this point its like talking to a wall. So once again w/e.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You know anytime I have bought the lesser powerful of ANYTHING it's been about money! A lawnmower, gun, drill, saw, boat, motorcycle, jet ski, camera, computer, generator, pressure washer, truck, weed eater, and who knows what else. Money was SOME part of the equation. So sign of the times just to jump on the guy who speaks the truth. You know damn good and well cost taken out of the equation your reaching up to the top shelf and taking one of those pretty Shelby's. You win a contest you can take any Mustang on the lot. I'm sure your going to run over and grab a base V6. Or maybe you will I don't know it's a crazy world we even got a 3rd sex now. So whatever buy what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 06-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You know anytime I have bought the lesser powerful of ANYTHING it's been about money! A lawnmower, gun, drill, saw, boat, motorcycle, jet ski, camera, computer, generator, pressure washer, truck, weed eater, and who knows what else. Money was SOME part of the equation. So sign of the times just to jump on the guy who speaks the truth. You know damn good and well cost taken out of the equation your reaching up to the top shelf and taking one of those pretty Shelby's. You win a contest you can take any Mustang on the lot. I'm sure your going to run over and grab a base V6. Or maybe you will I don't know it's a crazy world we even got a 3rd sex now. So whatever buy what you want.

When I win the Mega Millions, I'm going to buy the most fantastic car ever built!!!!

A Ford Pinto!!.... 😜

Fully restored!!.... Lol

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #286
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
When I win the Mega Millions, I'm going to buy the most fantastic car ever built!!!!

A Ford Pinto!!.... 😜

Fully restored!!.... Lol

Had one. Decent MPG.

To this day, the Pinto engine is used in many 4 cylinder bracket racing sanctions. Bullit proof bottom end crank and main bearings.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:36 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyt3.7 View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 3.7 and want to make it 5.0 fast, any pointers? Kinda new to the car scene.

Unicorn gas will have you walking any car on the road.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-07-2016, 01:39 AM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Had one. Decent MPG.

To this day, the Pinto engine is used in many 4 cylinder bracket racing sanctions. Bullit proof bottom end crank and main bearings.

My Brother N Law has one that's been built into a Full On Drag car!.. And still with the 4 Banger!.. Lol. He's the second owner sense it was built, and it still has the original block and crank and all!..

Old 06-07-2016, 01:45 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

You made my point of I were going to get the best I would've gotten a gt500 not a 5.0, it just funny how that particular guy thinks that EVERYONE got a v6 for financial reasons. Honestly I was going to upgrade to a GT a year ago but for the money I simply wasn't impressed with the power. It's literally cheaper for me to throw on a base turbo kit and make over 400 to the wheels as opposed to paying way more than the turbo kit cost and make 425 to the crank. It's just not worth it to me.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Old 06-07-2016, 05:03 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
this thread made me want a 5.0.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 06-07-2016, 05:17 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
You made my point of I were going to get the best I would've gotten a gt500 not a 5.0, it just funny how that particular guy thinks that EVERYONE got a v6 for financial reasons. Honestly I was going to upgrade to a GT a year ago but for the money I simply wasn't impressed with the power. It's literally cheaper for me to throw on a base turbo kit and make over 400 to the wheels as opposed to paying way more than the turbo kit cost and make 425 to the crank. It's just not worth it to me.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1

You are special aren't you... And you just said the words well "for the money" and you mean to tell its me its a better deal to buy a V6 and install a turbo on it just to keep up with a 5.0 with a BAMA mail order tune? I don't think so.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:41 AM   #292
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
this thread made me want a 5.0.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
This thread makes me want a Civic (I already wanted the 5.0).

a BLT on whole wheat with chocolate milk would be nice too.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #293

Region: Alabama
So really all I need is gears and a tune to beat 5.0s?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:49 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So really all I need is gears and a tune to beat 5.0s?

And a CAI and some stickers.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #295

What am I supposed to do with these now? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465300235.498760.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	202133

Old 06-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And a CAI and some stickers.

And don't forget the long tube dipstick and no fat girl in the passenger seat. Give it 20 degrees of negative camber for better rolling resistance you can take out GTR.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What am I supposed to do with these now? Attachment 202133

Since you got em slap them puppies on that's money spent.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:54 AM   #298

Have you ever raced a gtr in your boss?

Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I guess one thread with this title was not enough, someone had to make another.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

No I have never raced my Boss actually other than just playing around with friends really I probably could have bought a V6. I think once I get it payed off I'll feel better about racing it.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:02 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickmullet View Post
I bought mine because it was cheap mainly. Got a car in excellent condition, that has some zip, for a little over 10k. I'd love to have a v8 but just can't justify dropping the extra 15k to get me in one. Maybe one day...

As an added bonus it's a very comfortable ride for long trips, looks good, and is fun to mod.

Why'd you buy yours?

Now V-6'ers claim it cost 15K extra to get a 5.0. In 6 months the claim will be 20K. A few months ago the claim was 7K.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
People buy the V6 because they can't or don't want to pay the extra money for the V8 and all that entails. There is no other reason.
Pretty much.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Why did you buy your v6 instead of a v8?

When I bought mine my budget was 35k and I wanted to get what I thought was the best Mustang I could afford. Went to the Ford dealer and there it was a 2 year old boss with 7000 miles. I knew someone who had a red and black 69 when I was a kid and that was my favorite muscle car ever. Pulled into the lot and there it sat a nice shiny red and black Boss and that was it.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:19 AM   #304
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you think you V8 is soooo fast

Bring it on,
I'm ready for anybody now that thinks they have a fast Mustang.
My latest mod is what I seen guys use at the drag strip in past years to go fast.
This mod is un-beatable.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STP race car Mustang.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	774.3 KB
ID:	202134  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:21 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Bring it on,

I'm ready for anybody now that thinks they have a fast Mustang.

My latest mod is what I seen guys use at the drag strip in past years to go fast.

This mod is un-beatable.

Ronnie

Oh damn he's going full stick on Cyclone! I hope you got a little helmet for Mario.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:25 AM   #306
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I may have to remove the STP stickers because my car is now not very streetable with all of the extra power.
When I get on it, Mario's ears go way back and his eyes look like Chinese eyes.
Ronnie
Old 06-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I could afford a GT , just wasn't interested it. I like to be a little different and not drive what everyone else does.
Since V6's are much more common than GT's.......
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To all those spouting off things like this

"I bought a v6 to be different"

"It's nice to be different"

"My v6 is a sleeper"

I would say this to you.

You are not different. In fact, you are the majority. If I saw 10 mustangs in a day, 7 of them are v6. Of those none are sleepers because people are expecting them to be a fast mustang.

So please stop saying these things. They don't hold water.

What Scotty said is spot on. You either could not afford one, or did not want to afford one.

End thread.
Have to agree with this. I had a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII that I recently got rid of, the car had 4.10 gears, a converter, trans work, a T-Lok, 1 piece aftermarket DS and a mall shot of nitrous. That car was a sleeper.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 06-07-2016, 06:53 AM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Yes but the numbers should have been close. 305HP is about 255 to 260 net. To be down to 230 is not what the 3.7 from any dyno tests I have seen will be.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:54 AM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Not with the Performance Package.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #311

I do have a sleeper though 😴

Old 06-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #312

I do have a sleeper though 😴

Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM   #313
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
This is going to be my last post . . . . . .
Thank you
Old 06-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Not with the Performance Package.
Performance package does nothing for the dyno numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

No I was responding to this post ( Since V6's are much more common than GT's....... ). Which the poster was trying to take away the reason why people want to be different buying a V/6. His assumption was that there was more V/6 than V/8's, which is true, but there are less V/6 with the performance package that V/8s. Had nothing to due with dyno post.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang