Whiteline transmission bushing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Whiteline transmission bushing

I purchased the bushing but haven't installed it yet. I read different reviews but is drilling a hole in the center of the bushing worth doing to help reduce the NHV. Thanks!!
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Whiteline transmission bushing

Subscribed, wondering the same thing. I've also read that cutting part of it will reduce it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have it in my car and to say the truth it isn't an exaggerated amount of nvh, its barely noticeable.
Fabio_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I put it in my 2016 without drilling a hole and i get a good amount of nvh.

I put it in my old 2011 and drilled a hole and nvh was not noticeable.

So i will probably take it back out of my 2016 this week and drill a hole.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to install it today but wanted to hear from some of the members first. So 3/4" hole is the size to drill it?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Yea that is about right. I would suggest drilling the hole and getting it right the first time so you don't have to redo any work. Better safe then sorry.

Even if the hole wasn't needed, it's not gonna hurt anything. So if anything, definitely do it.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely going to drill it first. Im going to try and get it installed in the next day or so. I'll give an update after the install.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Sounds good. Will try to get my car on a lift this week also to drill a hole in mine. Been raining a lot in my area in Texas. Supposed to be (hopefully) hot this week so praying the water is dried up cuz i cant get my car to my uncle in-law's lift due to all the mud. 😂😭

Old 06-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Indeed guys, the hole in the middle takes away most of the NVH. I used a 1" to make the hole.
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
LeoGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Is there a v6 version of this or will the GT bushing work? Everyone I see says 11-16 GT.

What are the benefits of this mod?
2012 Mustang Club of America Edition Silver Ingot V6 Premium, 6MT, BBK Shorty Headers, Mak Performance catless H-Pipe (not MAC), Magnaflow Street Catback, Airaid CAI, MPT 93R Tune, 80mm Throttle Body, Ported Intake Manifolds, SR Lowering Springs, SR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Lakewood 50/50 Shocks, Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts.
2012MCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It is part of the 95% of the car that is identical between the V6 and GT.

The only time that i have really noticed an increase in NVH is while engine braking as i cross 2500 rpm. It stops shaking the car after crossing 1900.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012MCA View Post
Is there a v6 version of this or will the GT bushing work? Everyone I see says 11-16 GT.

What are the benefits of this mod?
Yes it wil fit the V6 mt82, and it's designed to reduce deflection when shifting at high speed. It helps your driveline gets more rigid.
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
Old 06-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

So I installed it today after work pretty easy job. Ok the pros about it is that my shifter seems to be somewhat firmer and the clanking from my shifter bracket is very quiet while driving down the road. Now for the cons, the vibration is fairly noticeable especially inbetween shifts under normal driving. The main issue is when the dual mass flywheel decides to vibrate it's magnified about 3 times over stock. I believe this is why this part is listed for the GT only. I did a few quick shifts nothing to harsh and its perfect. This is what to expect from a stiffer bushing. Im going to flex it some tomorrow morning on my way to work to see if a few 7k pulls will loosen it up some. To sum it up, its a nice part but as of now it not daily driver friendly in stop and go traffic. I'll update on it after a few hundred miles.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Did you modified it? Or jus installed as it is?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
So I installed it today after work pretty easy job. Ok the pros about it is that my shifter seems to be somewhat firmer and the clanking from my shifter bracket is very quiet while driving down the road. Now for the cons, the vibration is fairly noticeable especially inbetween shifts under normal driving. The main issue is when the dual mass flywheel decides to vibrate it's magnified about 3 times over stock. I believe this is why this part is listed for the GT only. I did a few quick shifts nothing to harsh and its perfect. This is what to expect from a stiffer bushing. Im going to flex it some tomorrow morning on my way to work to see if a few 7k pulls will loosen it up some. To sum it up, its a nice part but as of now it not daily driver friendly in stop and go traffic. I'll update on it after a few hundred miles.
Nice honest review.👍

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks FF13 and yes I drilled the 3/4" hole and put a fair amount of grease on it.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Yea I forgot about the DMF vibration on the 3.7 until I drove my old 2011 the other day. I felt it during decel and I was like

Another reason I love my 5.0. lol

I mean, if you drag race the car, maybe pop this part in before you go. Otherwise, for the daily 3.7, I would say you probably don't need/want this. The 3.7 setup vibrates enough. lol

Old 06-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

First drive to work this morning around 47 miles one way. On the interstate it wasn't bad until i got into some traffic. Every time I had to let off of the gas I got a fairly decent amount of vibration. The 3.7 is very unpredictable on when the flywheel wants to say hello. In stop and go traffic not very good for a daily driver, slow shifting gets a nice vibration in-between shifts.

Pros:
My transmission shifts great with the bushing. I was satisfied with just the Barton bracket but this really firmed up the shifts. Only with the car in motion the shifter is almost completely silent and very smooth.

Cons:
Does not like to be revved in neutral. Also if you like to slowly go thru the RPM band and slow shift to listen to your exhaust, the vibration is bad. At stop signs or red lights, as the AC compressor cycles it vibrates the car. On the interstate driving with the cruise on its smooth, any change of speed it vibrates.
I had a chance to get a 7k pull and in-between 5&7k the entire dash and console had a very bad vibration but it did chirp 3rd!!

Summary:
Nice built piece that does the job if you track your 3.7 often or don't mind vibrations. I don't want to give an aftermarket part a bad reputation due to it being designed to increase shifting performance. I'm going to give it till Friday to see if it loosens up some.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #19

Region: Massachusetts
I have the Steeda version of the transmission mount insert on my Ecoboost for over 20k miles now. I have not noticed any increase in NVH under any conditions. I would guess it is a softer durometer urethane.

It also completely eliminated the missed 3rd and 5th gear shifts I was experiencing during aggressive driving.

A couple of weeks ago I replaced the stock shifter bushing with a urethane piece from Energy Suspension. This firmed up the feel of the shifter nicely with no NVH penalty and is another no brainer mod at $13.
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Today I did my second modification to the bushing. I read on the svt forum where a guy cut the complete bottom center section out. Seem a lil far fetched but his write up was convincing so out with the sawzall and bench vise. To my surprise 90% of the vibration is gone and it performs the same. Half of bushing same performance lol. I googled whitline transmission bushing and the thread popped up.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I actually cut mine into 3 sections and drilled a 1" hole in the center. Solid and you wouldn't even notice it was installed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang