Anyone with a Raxiom know how to update the maps? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone with a Raxiom know how to update the maps?

I am very tech savy and I tried for 2 hours to update the maps and could not. It says to download a program called "sync tool" onto a USB and plug it into the raxiom and then a screen should pop up that says "are you ready to collect device information?" And that is where I have my issue. It never asks me that so I can't load the device info to take back to the computer and load the maps. I tried everything and 2 different USB sticks and there is no number for the makers of the maps so I might try to call the maker which is Rossen or maybe even American muscle. The maps are from 2013 and completely sucks. I bought this unit for the GPS mainly and it has so far given me twice as long routes and has taken me to places that no longer exist or to a Best Buy that is 10 miles further than the one by me which is 3 miles away. I am in need of a map update and need help. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465694951.684905.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	202326

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Are you using the factory SYNC USB plug or the Raxiom plug?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 02:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm using the raxiom plug that I ran through the glove box that says its for map updates and not media transfer.

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 06-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Are you using a 4gb stick or bigger that it formatted to FAT32?

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

You're not alone brother. Been looking for how to update maps on Raxion unit as well.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Are you using a 4gb stick or bigger that it formatted to FAT32?

Instagram: @v6beast

Yeah I'm using an 8GB brand new USB stick formatted. Someone in this world has to have updated their maps successfully 😔 these current ones suck.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #7

Region: New York
I've tried to update them as well and failed. Hopefully someone can teach us all how to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ibejt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Check post 11 here.

DIY Raxiom GPS Hacks/Improvements

Looks like the maps are updated via the SD card that goes in the front of the Raxiom.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Old 06-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your link doesnt work

Airaid Bama tune/Hood strut/MBRP axel back/ Lower control harm (red)
Dcauchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Weird...

Use my google search terms and the top link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465774546.078474.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	202344

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

The gen 1 Raxion units had a front port. Was that for an SD card? My unit is gen 2 I'm assuming as I have the USB cable routed into the glove as well.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

So far all I have learned is that the map updates are apparently not free anymore which is crazy. I bought a $750 unit with 3 year old maps on it. It's like the unit is 3 years old. But even if I buy the maps I still don't know how to load them. I just bought a USB stick and that did not work so I guess next weekend I'll buy a SD card and try that. Honestly American Muscle needs to work on their products. Yes they have decent customer service but so far I am not happy with this raxiom unit I bought.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I feel for you guys!
That product rubbed me the wrong way since AM starting selling it, the amount of people who complained about it and the price for what your actually getting kept me away even though I really wanted it because of the GPS and oem look.
I waited and got the Schosche faceplate on ebay along with a double din radio with GPS navigation and Bluetooth ect along with a 600 watt 4 chanel amp and 6 Rockford Fosgate speakers for around 700 Cad and just replaced everything.

Have any of you tried contacting Raxion directly?
Also what has happened to AM reps that prowl the forum to help out?
I haven't seen them in awhile, they should definitely be helping you guys out!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I feel for you guys!
That product rubbed me the wrong way since AM starting selling it, the amount of people who complained about it and the price for what your actually getting kept me away even though I really wanted it because of the GPS and oem look.
I waited and got the Schosche faceplate on ebay along with a double din radio with GPS navigation and Bluetooth ect along with a 600 watt 4 chanel amp and 6 Rockford Fosgate speakers for around 700 Cad and just replaced everything.

Have any of you tried contacting Raxion directly?
Also what has happened to AM reps that prowl the forum to help out?
I haven't seen them in awhile, they should definitely be helping you guys out!

Yeah I guess they don't pay attention to the forums anymore. Tomorrow I'm going to call AM and Rossen and try to get some answers. Usually AM just says "sorry for the inconvenience" and does nothing about it. They used to be better but I guess it's just my opinion. I really hope I can get these maps updated. I would return the unit of it wasn't installed already. Took me about 3-4 hours to install everything the way I wanted to so I just can't see myself redoing it all. I atleast like the back up camera for it but $750 is a lot for a back up camera and a touch screen lol

Old 06-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Yeah I guess they don't pay attention to the forums anymore. Tomorrow I'm going to call AM and Rossen and try to get some answers. Usually AM just says "sorry for the inconvenience" and does nothing about it. They used to be better but I guess it's just my opinion. I really hope I can get these maps updated. I would return the unit of it wasn't installed already. Took me about 3-4 hours to install everything the way I wanted to so I just can't see myself redoing it all. I atleast like the back up camera for it but $750 is a lot for a back up camera and a touch screen lol

I hope they get you guys taken care of, it really sucks you guys are kinda left on your own to figure this out!

It is a good looking unit!

Old 06-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope they get you guys taken care of, it really sucks you guys are kinda left on your own to figure this out!

It is a good looking unit!

Yeah I thought to myself so many times if I should get this or just save the money and I just went for it... Guess I should have not 😭 but thanks for your input man

Old 06-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #17

Hi Guys. Did u solve the issue i want to buy this mainly for the navigation. The update is very important. I know about the price of te update but i dont mind it if it works.
Wisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisam View Post
Hi Guys. Did u solve the issue i want to buy this mainly for the navigation. The update is very important. I know about the price of te update but i dont mind it if it works.
Do you have sync and actually care if you lose it? I would replace everything for cheaper while completely upgrading your whole system.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #19

I dont have sync. So how i can upgrade te hole thing for cheaper with navi and back camera!!

Please advise
Old 06-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisam View Post
I dont have sync. So how i can upgrade te hole thing for cheaper with navi and back camera!!

Please advise
Bosion double din with GPS/Bluetooth/ DVD/CD/ back up camera included, $125 Usd, amazon.com

Rockford Fosgate 6x8 full range speakers $50 Usd for a set of 2. Youll need 2 sets to replace the front and back. Amazon.com.

Dual 1200 watt/600 watt rms 4 chanel amp $100 Cad, way more power then needed but the price was right so lol. Walmart.ca

Schosche face plate on ebay.com $130 USD (used)

So to break it down in Canadian that it cost me....

100" of Schosche 18 gauge speaker wire 13$. Walmart in store.

180 Cad for the double din shipped to my door, got nailed for 37$ duty upon delivery.

155 Cad for speakers Cad shipped to my door.

180 Cad for the faceplate shipped to my door.

115 Cad for the amp shipped to my door.

So roughly $680 Cad for everything.

If you don't already have sync the Raxion Imo is completly overpriced! Why just pay for GPS when you can get GPS and everything else replaced?

Old 06-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #21

Wow. What detailed reply. Really thanks. I do for sure. What about the GPS. Is it working fine!!

Where donu live in Canada! I do live in Montreal
Old 06-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

The GPS work amazing!
I live in Montreal also lol.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #23

Quote:
The GPS work amazing!
I live in Montreal also lol.

Have you done the job yourself! Do you know anyone can do it for me in Montreal. Inlive down town. Do you have pics can post it for me.

What mustang are u driving
Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I did everything myself. It's a little involving but I enjoy it.
I'm on the south Shore. I'll post some pics for you.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Yeah I did everything myself. It's a little involving but I enjoy it.
I'm on the south Shore. I'll post some pics for you.

Thank you so much mate. I will wait painianlty for the pics.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Any pics fastford ??

Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcauchon View Post
Any pics fastford ??

Oh **** I forgot lol. Ill go in the garage at take some.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Okay here are some pics.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1471656955472.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	204342   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471656975936.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	204343  

Name:	1471656992005.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	204344   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471657007316.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	204345  

Name:	1471657022605.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	204346   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471657037095.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	204347  

Name:	1471657051305.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	204348   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471657066375.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	204349  

Name:	1471657081725.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	204350   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471657098015.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	204351  

Old 08-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I also just added this little low profile sub under the passenger seat, 150 watts rms powered sub to round everything out. $100 usd.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1471657592046.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	204352  
Old 08-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if the last pic posted so here it is again.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1471723177800.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	204363  
Old 08-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Hey fastford, is the speaker needed if I just wanted the double din and nav?
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Tbh I originally just did the speakers at first hoping for better sound, but soon relized the root of the problem is not necessarily the speakers but the head.
Once I replaced the head the sound was so much better, even before I added an amp and the sub.
The head is the biggest problem in our cars.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Old 08-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks looks nice !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang