Air Conditioning Problem? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Air Conditioning Problem?

So since summer has started I've really began using car's AC as compared to any other time I've owned the car since I bought it in January. One thing I'm wondering if it's a issue is the car's fans and air output seem weak when I just have air running or the AC bringing in fresh air, but when I use the recirculated button or that paired with max AC the air is very strong. Is this normal with Mustangs or do I need to get my AC checked since it is blowing weaker when bringing in fresh air compared to recirculating air? The car should have a full warranty coverage as when I bought it from the Dealer in January they included a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years and 100,000 miles for free.
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sounds just like mine (and normal to me).
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Don't run the AC with fresh air on a hot day, you're only bringing in hot air and the AC can't keep up with it. Put it on recycle and it will recycle the cabin air with the cooler AC and eventually it should cool down the interior as it recycles the cooler interior air. Also, either clean or change the cabin filter. It could be dirty and clogged and it's cheap to replace from any auto store or online.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
So since summer has started I've really began using car's AC as compared to any other time I've owned the car since I bought it in January. One thing I'm wondering if it's a issue is the car's fans and air output seem weak when I just have air running or the AC bringing in fresh air, but when I use the recirculated button or that paired with max AC the air is very strong. Is this normal with Mustangs or do I need to get my AC checked since it is blowing weaker when bringing in fresh air compared to recirculating air? The car should have a full warranty coverage as when I bought it from the Dealer in January they included a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years and 100,000 miles for free.

When you bring in outside air you are creating a positive pressure in the cabin of the car by bringing in outside air which puts resistance on the fan. In recirculate it is cooling the air that's in the car that's why it feels like it blows harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Or just drive with the windows down! It's the only way I drive unless it's raining.
Wheela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I don't run my AC much either as long as I'm moving good. But sometimes in stop and go traffic I have to turn it on.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
my A/C is meh....heat is awesome but the AC is marginal in CT.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
my A/C is meh....heat is awesome but the AC is marginal in CT.
You must have a AC problem then. We have 100+ degrees "feels like" Temps here in Florida for 7 or 8 months of the year and my AC cools the car down in minutes. If you can't get cool in CT. I would get a charge.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I recirculate the air in any car I drive, it's the most efficient. I had the AC on today in 90F weather with the fan on the second notch and was cool the entire way home.

Anyone's AC should not need a charge, these cars are too new for hoses to be rotting already.

Now if you do feel like you need a "charge", as in your car just doesn't cool period, you most likely have a leak and charging your car will do nothing for you in the long run. Take it to a shop where they can check the entire system for leaks, and replace anything that needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You should use recirculate if it's hot out to help cool the car down more quickly. Running it in recirculate all the time has potential health risks as well as could make you feel tired. You breathing in air that's been exhaled and therefore oxygen depleted. If you have occupants in the car germs can be an issue.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You should use recirculate if it's hot out to help cool the car down more quickly. Running it in recirculate all the time has potential health risks as well as could make you feel tired. You breathing in air that's been exhaled and therefore oxygen depleted. If you have occupants in the car germs can be an issue.

Our cars are not hermetically sealed and you won't deplete the oxygen with the windows up. In traffic it is healthier to keep out the pollution by keeping the AC on recirculate.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ya that oxygen depleted comment was just ridiculous... actual health risk tho is just turning your air on as soon as you get in your car on a hot day, toxic chemicals(benzene) can build up in the heat and can expose you to them. I read this year's ago and this isn't the article but it's the only one I can find atm. http://www.naturalhealingmagazine.co...ng-the-engine/
Wheela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
and it works just so so on bad days. I've read that the newer systems are sensitive to pressure. out of wtty and it does work so till it makes me uncomfortable I'll deal with it.

side note: I'll take the fresh air choice anytime unless I really need the extra cooling or am in traffic behind a fat man with a cigar
Old 06-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

A cigar is nothing compared to being behind just about any Chevy. Why do most of them smell like burning oil?
Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Luckily thanks to the dealer everything on mine is under warranty until 6 years from my purchase date or when the car reads 100,000 mile (I literally hit 40,000 yesterday). I guess I'll use it as normal and if I feel it starts acting up take it in for a free repair. Best part about the warranty is I can take it to any mechanic I want and the warranty covers costs of repair, rental, and hotel if I need it.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheela View Post
Ya that oxygen depleted comment was just ridiculous... actual health risk tho is just turning your air on as soon as you get in your car on a hot day, toxic chemicals(benzene) can build up in the heat and can expose you to them. I read this year's ago and this isn't the article but it's the only one I can find atm. http://www.naturalhealingmagazine.co...ng-the-engine/

Hey it's the truth look it up if you don't believe me. Your not depleting all the oxygen and if your in LA traffic it may be better to turn off the outside air but if your not its better to bring it in then to build up CO levels in the vehicle especially with passengers. You do understand that when buildings are built there are minimum Outside Air Requirements for these same reasons but do what you want.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang