Shop Recommendation? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
Shop Recommendation?

I ordered a 3.73 gear kit along with a traction-lok rebuild kit from American Muscle, however I'm having a very difficult time finding a shop that I trust to do the install around Cookeville TN.

Everything I've read on forums, and even the American Muscle site itself along with reviews has said that it's going to be a 4-5 hour install. Every shop but one that I've called is telling me 8-12 hours. The dealership here quoted me for 1300 dollars. The one shop that didn't said 6 hours tops, but they also said if there was any gear whine they weren't responsible for fixing it and would charge me again to basically fix their mistakes.

Any one happen to know this area or close to it and know of a reliable place I could take it? If not out of the above options what would you break down and go with?
Crimbobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
There has to be a 4 Wheel Drive shop up there somewhere willing to swap gears.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Its hard to find a good gear install shop. You can have a shop that charges $200 and end up with a screwed up gear install or have it installed perfect. My local Ford dealer did mine for $550 just for labor, i had the gears i ordered form American Muscle. The Ford dealer furnished the lub and put in new axle seals. A couple other Ford dealers told me they don't change gears unless its a warranty repair. Like Revvv said, look for a 4 wheel drive shop, i bet they will have a good 'gear man' there
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
David I see a Ford dealer installed yours so did they give you warranty or no
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would recommend buying the parts from a shop that is willing to offer some sort or warranty. Last thing you want is to have is a dispute between a manufacturer and shop on if it is a defective part or defective labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyredv6 View Post
David I see a Ford dealer installed yours so did they give you warranty or no

I think you get a 1 year warranty with repairs done by Ford. If you find a Ford dealer that will do your gears, ask them to make sure
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang