New guy and a question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
New guy and a question

Hey this is my first post. But I've been creeping on the forum for a while. I just traded in my 2008 v6 auto with 95k on it for 7800$ lol on a 2012 v6 manual with 24k miles for $17k that I had my eye on for a while. I was not expecting to get over 7k for my old one especially after I scratched and dented my roof 3 days before the trade, way it goes though haha.

Anyways I have the older sct x3 tuner with bama 4life. thing is I left the tune on my car when I traded it in so it's still married! I assume if I email sct they can divorce it but I'll have to pay. but before I do that will the tuner even work on my 2012?

I partially created this thread because I need 20 posts, to sell the SR throttle body still in the box I got for the 08 right before I decided to trade it instead of modding it lol

Old
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1467829121.828132.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	203176

New
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1467829167.482145.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	203177
Tylxrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
yes, they can unlock it but it's $150.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #3

Alright Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just get a new one, you'll have to pay for new tunes anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

New guy and a question

Even with the bama tunes? That sucks I assumed a different car would be like a big new mod lol. I thought the free tunes was through my American muscle account no matter what but alright
Old 07-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
New guy and a question

Free tunes are for the car the tuner is originally married to. New car, same tuner = new tunes.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
What you should of done was to put the car back to stock before you sold it than all you had was get new tunes for the tuner.The sct3 will still work for the 3.7s as mine does ..Did you tell the dealer or new owner that you left the tune on it?
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #8

Yeah I know I should have tuned it back now but I didn't research much about the tuner until after I traded it in, because I didn't think I'd get a good enough deal to even do the trade lol! I told them about the tune before. And I was gonna ask if I could tune it back to stock when I stopped there tomorrow but I went on their website to show my friends the nice things they posted about it to get some laughs and it was sold already! Way she goes I suppose. I'm just gonna email bama and sct and expect the worst lol
Old 07-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Try this: explain to the dealer why you would like them to contact the new owner of your old car. You forgot all about having a tune on it so now the new owner has a tune that he cannot remove or change and that might end up a problem for him later down the road. It should sound like it is to the advantage of the new owner and speak to the dealer's concern for him. Leave your advantage out of it.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Tune me off!

Welcome to the forum! After hearing your tune story lcan't wait till you start selling things on the forum! Buyer be ware!!!
goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Question for Goman: who are you referring to in this comment to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Welcome to the forum! After hearing your tune story lcan't wait till you start selling things on the forum! Buyer be ware!!!

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post

Hey now I'm not the shady salesmen! I told them about everything I even offered to give them the stock parts (muffler, manifolds, air box) the guy told me he'd have his boss worry about that, he has my number. But They just sold it race tuned and all!
Old 07-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff

Krypton, I doubt it was you.

I agree the new owner should get the tuner. Or return car to stock
Old 07-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This topic seems to be a monthly, or weekly occurrence.

I am staying out of this one with the exception of one comment. Contact the dealership and have the new owner meet you. The tuner is going to cost you the same as an SCT X4 to unmarry it and purchase a new tunes program. You are not at a loss of you off to GIVE the married tuner to the new owner. You can even show them how to use the tuner.

I'm sure you would appreciate such a gesture if you were ever in the same position.

If (a very big if) I ever sell my car I will return it back to stock and give the new owner the tuner.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Return it to stock AND give them the tuner? That seems like a wash in my opinion.

If the car is stock, your tuner will be usable with another car. Why give it away for free?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Return it to stock AND give them the tuner? That seems like a wash in my opinion.

If the car is stock, your tuner will be usable with another car. Why give it away for free?

The tuner is still married to the car, even if it is returned to stock. Am I wrong about that?

Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post

I am staying out of this one with the exception of one comment. Contact the dealership and have the new owner meet you. The tuner is going to cost you the same as an SCT X4 to unmarry it and purchase a new tunes program. You are not at a loss of you off to GIVE the married tuner to the new owner. You can even show them how to use the tuner.

I'm sure you would appreciate such a gesture if you were ever in the same position.

If (a very big if) I ever sell my car I will return it back to stock and give the new owner the tuner.

Really? I looked for days and found semi similar topics but Most were just "can I use 1 tuner on 2 cars" questions. But I'm going to the right thing and give them the tuner. I have to go to the dealer tonight anyways. I'd rather spend the extra 100$ on a new tuner and tunes with a clear conscious that the car that i grew up in will be okay and so will it's buyer lol
Old 07-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #19

Quote:

Really? I looked for days and found semi similar topics but Most were just "can I use 1 tuner on 2 cars" questions. But I'm going to the right thing and give them the tuner. I have to go to the dealer tonight anyways. I'd rather spend the extra 100$ on a new tuner and tunes with a clear conscious that the car that i grew up in will be okay and so will it's buyer lol
Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
The tuner is still married to the car, even if it is returned to stock. Am I wrong about that?

you can't use the tuner if it's locked and once a tune is downloaded into a car it is locked to that car. If you go back stock it becomes unlocked you just need new tunes for a different car.

OP props for your choice I just hope the dealer follows through with their end of it.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, it's only married if the stock tune is stored within the tuner.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #22

Thanks for the help and for welcoming me everyone!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang