And just two days prior... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yep always tow a modded car to your house first. Yank all your upgrades before adjuster shows up and replace with stock or at least something that looks like it should be there.

My father totaled a car some years back and it went right to the yard and he was only allowed to go to the yard to get his expensive sunglasses out of it and that's it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yep this is the way to do it, one of the reason I keep every single part I pull off. Hell, I still have the God awful bug deflector that came on mine sitting in the garage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #37
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Pony had a good point on his earlier post about getting $ for upgrades

If the other driver is at fault you have more leeway as they want to settle to prevent law suits. I assume often you can get some of a premium if you settle and agree to release them from further compensation.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Bummer!
Glad you & any passengers were not damaged. I was in Wmsbrg last month & looked for your Mustang on the streets, must have missed you.
++ on USAA had them since I bought my 1966 Impala while in Navy flight training.
Maybe you put this to use while you are waiting on insurance.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...tang&year=2016
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sad to see this. I think my insurance says something like, "car will be repaired to 'factory' condition".
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #40
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
As far as pulling parts if it's totaled, I'm not really worried about it. If they include the aftermarket parts in the overall value estimate, I'm good. If I get the "we are basing this on the average value blah blah blah" line, then it's easy, I'll pull the parts and put factory back on. As long as the title is in my name there is nothing they can do about it. It's mine until I sign over the title; assuming it's totaled. Should have an answer tomorrow.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Boomba Racing BOV Adapter; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:22 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
As far as pulling parts if it's totaled, I'm not really worried about it. If they include the aftermarket parts in the overall value estimate, I'm good. If I get the "we are basing this on the average value blah blah blah" line, then it's easy, I'll pull the parts and put factory back on. As long as the title is in my name there is nothing they can do about it. It's mine until I sign over the title; assuming it's totaled. Should have an answer tomorrow.
Any news?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #42
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Yes and no. I'll take it as good though. The other fellow's insurance company (USAA) asked if I had receipts for all the stuff I did to the car. Most everything I bought was online and made for easy printing. Anyway, looks like the Ford dealer is looking at having a speciality shop giving an estimate on doing the suspension work. As soon as this estimate comes in we'll know if it is totaled or not. This from the insurance adjuster. So, the way I've decided to look at this is if all the aftermarket parts are going to perhaps throw the repairs into the write off category for the insurance, it seems likely they will factor that into the final vehicle value if it's totaled. You can't total the car because of the aftermarket stuff then low ball and ignore it for the final settlement. So I keep telling myself at least.

Downside is if it is totaled, with one kid in college and another going in two more years, it may be a used sedan in my future. Regardless, my white cue ball shifter is going to be in whatever I drive however!
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Boomba Racing BOV Adapter; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes and no. I'll take it as good though. The other fellow's insurance company (USAA) asked if I had receipts for all the stuff I did to the car. Most everything I bought was online and made for easy printing. Anyway, looks like the Ford dealer is looking at having a speciality shop giving an estimate on doing the suspension work. As soon as this estimate comes in we'll know if it is totaled or not. This from the insurance adjuster. So, the way I've decided to look at this is if all the aftermarket parts are going to perhaps throw the repairs into the write off category for the insurance, it seems likely they will factor that into the final vehicle value if it's totaled. You can't total the car because of the aftermarket stuff then low ball and ignore it for the final settlement. So I keep telling myself at least.

Downside is if it is totaled, with one kid in college and another going in two more years, it may be a used sedan in my future. Regardless, my white cue ball shifter is going to be in whatever I drive however!

I'll help you with the shorties this time. Can't have you cursing for half a day again! (Oh, and dibs?) lol.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I don't work for them but have had USAA auto insurance since 1966 (yep 50 yrs). They should be fair.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Well then I hope it's not totalled and you can still remain a mustang owner.
Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #46
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
would you like me to mail you some Army/Navy brochures? Instead of paying $20K minimum per year for college the Govt will give them $20K.

$40K is a V8.

poor impulse control
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
That's gonna take a fair amount of duct tape
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang