And just two days prior... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
And just two days prior...

And just two days prior, my wife was asking about car projects and I told her it was now "perfect". Waiting on adjuster at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0708161324a.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	203275   Click image for larger version

Name:	0708161047.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	203276  

Name:	0708161042.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	203277   Click image for larger version

Name:	0708160943.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	979.4 KB
ID:	203278  

2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Right in the feels.

What's next for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ouch!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
noooooooo what happened? looks a lot like the side damage on subaruwrxfan's new 2016 he just got like a week ago.
MPT Performance Tune,Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace,Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
That's going to be a total. Way too much suspension and structural damaged based on the way it looks in the pictures. Time to start looking for a 5.0 😉
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
That's going to be a total. Way too much suspension and structural damaged based on the way it looks in the pictures. Time to start looking for a 5.0 😉
They may replace the K member and body panels. It isn't a hard job for the right shop.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
Time for a 5.0
Old 07-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's not just a K member, the whole front is twisted. Yeah I'd say its a total. I'd be pulling for a total if I was you anyway.

Time to start looking for another one or put the money you get towards a new one.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I'm afraid it may be a total but hope not. Insurance value on the car won't include all the coin I've dropped in it over the past two years. Funny part of the story in a twisted way: So I got t-boned by a new silver Cadillac (I didn't know they made any still this big). I go get the rental and for whatever reason, I can get an upgrade to a premium car. They have one premium car... yes, a silver Caddy. I opted for the Chevy. SMH on that. You can't make that stuff up. Hopefully things will start moving with answers tomorrow.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
They may replace the K member and body panels. It isn't a hard job for the right shop.

For a car that pro blue books at 14-16k they will not fix that car. This thing will need a k member, shock tower, frame work, door and or door skin, hood, gender, inner fender plastics, strut, control arm, wheel, headlight, bumper, plus labor. Sorry man that's a total.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, time to upgrade to a 5.0, then you can drive around with your head swollen with that 5.0!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Were your air bags deployed? That alone will count for around $3k per bag. Agree that it's likely totaled. My wife's infinity SUV was hit similar a few weeks ago and they totaled hers with no frame or suspension damage. 3 air bags went off and two doors got smashed, but it was an $11k car on bluebook and they still totaled it because of the air bag cost.

The important thing is nobody was hurt, but you still have my sympathies and I hope the insurance is fair and swift for you!
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For a car that pro blue books at 14-16k they will not fix that car. This thing will need a k member, shock tower, frame work, door and or door skin, hood, gender, inner fender plastics, strut, control arm, wheel, headlight, bumper, plus labor. Sorry man that's a total.
I'm not disagreeing with you on the parts list or labor. You likely have more experience than I do at this point with collision repairs and estimates. I am still stuck in the years when a car was a car.

Once I get my Mustang to the stage I want it to be in, I will be arguing with an insurance company to raise the value to be worth what the car actually is. There is no way I want to take a huge loss on something my time and money has been invested on.

Right now I am still whining about my truck as it sits without an engine.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:03 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you on the parts list or labor. You likely have more experience than I do at this point with collision repairs and estimates. I am still stuck in the years when a car was a car.

Once I get my Mustang to the stage I want it to be in, I will be arguing with an insurance company to raise the value to be worth what the car actually is. There is no way I want to take a huge loss on something my time and money has been invested on.

Right now I am still whining about my truck as it sits without an engine.

I used to do body work and I get what you are saying but the reality is insurance companies don't care what you think it's worth. They will look at the car value based on mileage and if the initial repair bill exceeds 80% of that value they will total it.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I used to do body work and I get what you are saying but the reality is insurance companies don't care what you think it's worth. They will look at the car value based on mileage and if the initial repair bill exceeds 80% of that value they will total it.
This is true.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Arguing to raise the value?

That's not how it works. You pay a premium to insure a car the way it comes out of the factory, and that's what they base the value of off if and when you get into an accident.

That being said, you can purchase insurance for aftermarket parts, either through your insurance provider or separately.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:34 AM   #17
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
idk enuf if it's going to be totaled (would say yes) but have had enough experience to want it to be if it was mine.

either way that sucks.

It did take me a minute to figure out what Ox meant when he said it needs a gender....my 1st thought was it's a V6 we know what gender those are.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Damn!!!! My condolences! I'd have to agree, from the pics it might just be a right off.😭

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Damn I am sorry bro. hope your fine, sounds like so. I had my 2011 swee then bamm. time for next one start all over... it is fun though!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
idk enuf if it's going to be totaled (would say yes) but have had enough experience to want it to be if it was mine.

either way that sucks.

It did take me a minute to figure out what Ox meant when he said it needs a gender....my 1st thought was it's a V6 we know what gender those are.

Sorry. Auto correct fail.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I felt like your new wheel and tire setup needed some flares to stay relevant in the game.

Much better now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fenderflares.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	203306  
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

If they total it I will buy your grill and splitter!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

^ I was wondering how long it would take for the part out question and dibs. Lmao
Old 07-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Geez... vultures... lol. He'll have to buy it back to pull anything off/out of it that isn't loose and not part of the car.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Not if he swaps back the oem parts before ins gets it. They are oblivious.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This is the first time I actually seen "TRAINING WHEELS" on a Mustang.
SORRY
I just could not help myself.
Ronnie

I hope nobody got injured in that.
I also hope the insurance company is fair with you.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Geez... vultures... lol. He'll have to buy it back to pull anything off/out of it that isn't loose and not part of the car.
wait seriously? i always wondered how this works. like, if my car were totalled, i'd want to take of my borlas, my front grille, my shiftknob inside, etc stupid things like that.

they won't let me?!?!
MPT Performance Tune,Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace,Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

^ they will typically let you as long as you replace it with something. I've even seen companies let people take say a upgraded transmission out and leave it that way. Really just depends on the company.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #29
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
wait seriously? i always wondered how this works. like, if my car were totalled, i'd want to take of my borlas, my front grille, my shiftknob inside, etc stupid things like that.

they won't let me?!?!
This a grey area, but since unless you have a rider on your policy they won't cover most mods so you can swap them out. I will suggest if anyone ever needs to do this have it towed to your house first.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep always tow a modded car to your house first. Yank all your upgrades before adjuster shows up and replace with stock or at least something that looks like it should be there.

My father totaled a car some years back and it went right to the yard and he was only allowed to go to the yard to get his expensive sunglasses out of it and that's it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 07-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

My brother in law had his Nissan sentry totalled and it was towed straight to the yard. We went up a few days later and took out his aftermarket stereo, speakers and anything else he wanted no questions asked without replacing anything.

My 88 5.0 t bird was totalled by a bus while parked on the road. The adjuster came and wrote it off, the company sent me a cheque and the car was deemed as scrap and could no longer be plated again for the road. I later sold it to a friend for parts.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
And just two days prior, my wife was asking about car projects and I told her it was now "perfect". Waiting on adjuster at this point.
If it is totalled, what are your plans on the next car?

Old 07-12-2016, 01:49 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I'd want it totaled. The trade in or resale value is going to drop significantly if its repaired; it will show up on a Carfax report.

If they do repair it, make sure you file for "diminished value". You normally have to request it, as most insurance companies do not simply offer it to you. Since this was the fault of the other driver, they will have to pay the diminished value. Read about it here:

https://www.learnvest.com/knowledge-...surance-claim/
Old 07-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
+1, I definitely would want it totalled. On to the next ride.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Arguing to raise the value?

That's not how it works. You pay a premium to insure a car the way it comes out of the factory, and that's what they base the value of off if and when you get into an accident.

That being said, you can purchase insurance for aftermarket parts, either through your insurance provider or separately.

I've got USAA, and when I got Tboned a couple months ago they actually had me send them an itemized list of all the parts added and adjusted the value of the car. The other drivers insurance, Allstate, wanted it totaled, but USAA had my back. I was under the impression that any modifications would not add any value, fortunately in my case my insurance went above and beyond to make sure I got to keep my car. I had no additional coverage for the work and parts, in fact they are the ones who brought it up. It was a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang