Door Rattle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Door Rattle

Hey guys I have a problem that hopefully one of yall can help me fix. So my door sometimes rattle it sounds like the back of the door like towards the rear of the car. Usually if I just get in the car and am listening to music and haven't driven it yet there is absolutely no rattle even with the music at full blast. But the issue is as I start driving the rattle begins typically after driving for a while but sometimes when I turn the music up loudly. I used to think it was the speakers rattling because of how loud I play the music sometimes since I got the shaker subwoofers in the door. I was just going to live with the rattle until I got new speakers but today I was listening to Pandora and as one song changed to the other there was a pause in between during which I could still here the rattle without music being played. Anybody have a clue what it could be rattling?

Now it could be speakers but more than likely I'm thinking it's not since it sounds towards the rear of the door where the speakers aren't and it still rattles without music.

Also the more I drive the worse it seems to get it also gets worse the louder the music is played and usually reducing the bass fixes the problem slightly.

I do have the shaker 500 system if that makes a difference.
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
It's most likely one of your window mount nuts. Mine did the exact same thong and I took my panel off a dozen times til I figured it out

Take a razor blade and make a small slit under the clear plastic where it bubbles out so you can fold it back to tighten the nut. Start at the top back one.

Mine was almost completely off the bolt.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Mine rattled as well, it was when i replaced my fender the nut came loose. Try moving your fender and see if its loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
asvpedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hmm the front fender huh. I don't think it's that because it comes from the rear of the door and it seems like it's both doors. Also I pinpointed that the noise is definetly from the door by running a YouTube video of a bass tester for speakers and it definetly shakes something in the rear of the door. I guess for now I'll just leave it be and live with it even if it annoys me. It just seems like a pain to have to take the door apart. I'll see if the dealer wants to do it under warranty tho
rubyredv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
It's super easy to take the door apart and I wouldnt ignore it because if it is your window bracket it will eventually cause binding if you dont tighten it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang